Persona 5 Thread - New Teaser

Icarusu

My research isn't done, but here's what I already know, due my previous knowledge of Tarot, I reseached Tarot a lot because of Persona.

The Empress is also associated with vanity and pride.

The Lovers could be greed, since it represents the desire for something you want, but don't really need it, you only believe you need it, as you think you will only feel whole with the object of your desires, also it would be interesting seeing a male character being The Lovers.

Either The Hanged Man or The Hermit could be sloth, since The Hermit isolates himself from the world to reach enlightement, and The Hanged Man hangs himself upside down and waits for enlightement.

I think Yusuke is The Hanged Man, mostly because as The Hanged Man is upside down, he lives in a different world from other people as he seeing everything upside down, which could be represented by Yusuke being from a different school.

Anyway, back to my research! It may take a while thought...

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I think while that sounds kind of cool, it's conflating conventional modern meanings of those Arcana words with what the Tarot interpretations were in the previous Persona games.

Actually, Persona used both modern and old meanings of tarot, which is why I like it so much.

But I won't deny that it's hard trying to find a connection between The Fool and the sin of wrath, and I'm still trying to find an Arcana that connects to glutonny.

Edited by Water Mage

Actually, Persona used both modern and old meanings of tarot, which is why I like it so much.

But I won't deny that it's hard trying to find a connection between The Fool and the sin of wrath, and I'm still trying to find an Arcana that connects to glutonny.

maybe Chariot or Moon?

just basing that off Chie and the Moon social link in p3

maybe Chariot or Moon?

just basing that off Chie and the Moon social link in p3

The Chariot being connected to envy is quite likely, as it symbolize victory and a competitive spirit.

The Moon being gluttony is...likely and unlikely at the same time.

Mostly because The Moon is a card that's is pretty hard to read.

The Moon symbolizes many things, like madness, illusion, dreams, mental illness, astonishing creativity, powerful magic, and intuition.

If you ever try Tarot to read your future, and get the Moon, you're in for an emotional roller coaster.

It is a card of extremes so it might fit glutonny.

And I better stop here, if I keep talking about The Moon, this post will get extremely long, so I apologize for rambling, I kinda went overboard.

The latest famitsu has given us some more Persona 5 details! My source is this. For those who can't/won't click:

• The game's story is "omnibus", which means that, unlike Persona 3 or 4, the main characters' targets and objectives are constantly shifting. Think of it like a number of novels in the same universe; same characters, different plots
  • A phone app called "Isekainabi" is the backbone to the story. It allows the party to enter "Palace" to steal the "rotten hearts" of their chosen targets
  • Persona 3 and 4's cast got together in order to solve an incident. In this game, however, the cast get together due to self-redemption and "social reformation"
  • "Palace" is what causes the settings of the dungeons (pyramids, castles, etc), and is directly tied to the game's background
  • The cast are distressed, and feel detatched from the world. Because of this, they use the new phone app they "suddenly acquire" to assist others
  • Ryuji meets the MC on the first day of school, and is the person who suggests forming the Phantom Thief team. He is said to be a "bad influence" on the MC
  • Anne's involvement in life is shackled and feels separated from the world, but is noted to be more upbeat when she is under the guise of a Phantom Thief
  • Morgana is the character that is most like a thief, and acts as a mentor to the group
  • Yusuke (the painter) has his own problems, which cranks up when he gets involved with the cast. He is noted to be tied to the setting and the "omnibus-like" story
  • "Palace" is described to be an alternate world inside people's hearts
  • The Personas for each character are based of "picturesque heroes" (I'm certain we already knew this)
  • The texting system will allow players to customize their stories for a more unique experience
  • As seen in the trailer, players will be able to explore Tokyo

I did a little research, but I'm starting to think that maybe seven sins and the character's arcana aren't related.

But anyway, about the previous, very interesting, and I get the that feeling Yusuke will be the story's tritagonist.

Also, look what I found:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PersonaCentral1/status/644870067692404737

There are still more party members to be shown.

• 2 weeks later...

The Japanese site has been updated, showcasing OA for the party members and their Personas, as well as descriptions for them. An Imgur album is here. In addition, Famitsu has uploaded three more screenshots

If the descriptions get translated, I'll either edit them in this post or make a new post, depending on whether someone comments on this or not

They were translated at Siliconera.

[spoiler=Descriptions]Ryuji Sakamoto’s primary Persona, Captain Kidd. This Persona has a skull head and a cannon-like prosthetic arm. His figure standing atop the giant black ship just overwhelms anything that sets sights on it. He shares names with a famous pirate that was notorious for his loot.

-

Ann Takamaki’s primary Persona, Carmen. She’s a beautiful Persona that wears a crimson flamenco dress. She’s shown using her rose whip to swing around men. She shares names with a passionate and freewheeling woman that appears in novels and operas.
-
Morgana’s primary Persona, Zorro. He’s a swordsman Persona that is dressed like a true gentleman and hides his face behind a mask. The “Z” design on his belt appears to be his trademark symbol. He shares names with a certain someone that was known for being a swordsman and thief.

-

Yusuke Kitagawa’s primary Persona, Goemon. A Persona that stands out with his gorgeous oriental-style outfit. He is characterized by his giant long pipe and his kabuki-style face. He shares names with a legendary master thief, “Ishikawa Goemon.”

I feel like these literary Personas are wildly different thematically from the standard Persona library from 3 & 4 that the MC will be using for switching from his starter. Not that I'm complaining, though I do kind of hate that that Arsene will become obsolete after like the tutorial missions.

Boredom finally got the better of me, so I recently Persona 3 Portable. It was tons of fun, and I managed to get to the 14th floor of the dungeon.

Then I used the wrong attack on the boss, instantly died, and I realized I hadn't saved since starting Tarturas. *sigh* I hate being a dumb.

EDIT: Nevermind, my brother just deleted my game entirely. Well, I suppose I don't have the forgetting to save problem anymore.

Edited by Honey Bunny

• 4 weeks later...

What do people want to see in terms of mechanics? I think this is probably one of the weaker aspects of P3 and P4. With Altus looking like they're getting a high budget for this game, I'm hoping for more dynamic dungeons and some kind of update to combat.

What do people want to see in terms of mechanics? I think this is probably one of the weaker aspects of P3 and P4. With Altus looking like they're getting a high budget for this game, I'm hoping for more dynamic dungeons and some kind of update to combat.

Yeah, the series was still being figured out with Persona 3 and 4.

From the trailers it looks like dungeon crawling is gonna have a lot more gameplay diversity than ever before so I wouldn't worry about that.

• 6 months later...

Disclaimer: Nightmare has given me permission to revive this thread

Atlus is streaming a Persona 5-related announcement on May 5th, and Tokyo Tower, the second tallest building in Japan, is related to it. The announcement will be revealed roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes into the stream

Thoughts: It has to be the Japanese release date, at the very least. That is, unless the game has been delayed. I would have updated this thread earlier, but for numerous reasons I forgot to until now.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Hmmm, I wonder if they will reveal more party members.

We know there's brown haired girl that appeared in one of the trailers, but will there be more?

There's not a lot of female characters...is Morgana female?

Didn't they actually use gender-neutral terms when talking about Morgana?

To my knowledge, Atlus have been hiding Morgana's gender ever since Morgana has been first unveiled. But I'm fairly confident Morgana will end up being a female

I just realized something:

This game is coming out on September 2016, the same month as FFVX!

That's a bold move Atlus!

Guess September will be a war of JRPGs in Japan!

But if any JRPG can stand up to FF these days, it's Persona. So they have a chance! Not to say I want FFXV to lose, but this will interesting to say at least.

We on the west won't have to choose, I'm pretty much planning to buy FFVX in September, but if Persona 5 were to come to the west on September as well...I would have buy both! Even if it would empty my wallet!