Persona 5 Thread - New Teaser

Icarusu

Pre-ordered. Pretty much £80, and that's including oversea shipping. For what's included, that's a pretty good price!

Oh, and I'll mention this too: Persona 5 will have a playable demo at E3 this year, and Soejima is making an appearance

Vklk2wZ.jpg

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game will release February 14, 2017 on NA

http://kotaku.com/persona-5-wont-be-out-in-north-america-until-february-2-1780940216

PS3/PS4 in case anyone had any doubt about the former

There's a Morgana plush in the special edition

It's funny because they're the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, and the game comes out Valentine's Day.

Also Feb. 14, 2017 ugh.

A bit of news:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/14/persona-5-wont-feature-dual-audio-gets-morganas-english-voiceover-sample-e3-2016/

People are already throwing a fit because there will be no dual audio. Some people really don't understand licensing...

EDIT: Also the last party member was revealed, his name is Goro Akechi and he is a young detective.

Seeing another young detective as a party member after Naoto may seem like they a trying to make another "Naoto" character, since she was so popular.

But this game is based on the phantom thief genre, and there's usually a police or inspector character that is the thief's rival, and they usually have a mutual respect for each other.

Since the game take inspiration form Lupin, Goro might a reference to Inspector Ganimard from the books, who had a bit of respect for Lupin, and it was implied that the respect was mutual, as Lupin also seemed to respect him. There's also Inspector Zenigata from the Lupin manga and anime.

Goro might be a reference to him as well.

Edited by Water Mage

Okay, so a couple of things:

• First off, we know Morgana's English voice. Morgana is voiced by Cassandra Morris (Edea from Bravely Default, Fie from Trails of Cold Steel, Lin from Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • The last party member is called Goro Akechi, and, unsurprisingly, he is a detective
  • Co-operation has been shown! It is indeed the replacement to Social Links. Tae Takemi (the female in the lab coat), Sojiro Sakura (the weapon's dealer. He shares the same surname as Futaba), and a new character called Munehisa Iwai are all a part of Co-operation. Tae is Death, Sojiro is Hanged Man, and Munehisa is Hierophant. The names of the arcanas seem to be in French. Co-operation will also be fully voiced
  • The game will have multiple endings
  • Negotiation makes a return! When you make all the enemies trip, a "hold it" section plays, and you have the option of choosing an enemy and negotiating with it. You can also opt for an all-out attack
  • Speaking of the enemies, there's a chance they're actually Shadows. I'll need to find some concrete proof on that, though
  • If you get a One More, you can pass your turn to another character, and they get temporary stat buffs
  • Interacting with people seems to be more involved; you can follow Ryoji around the map
  • The game will release with only an English dub. However, John Hardin, Atlus USA's PR Maanger, is trying to get the Japanese voice work as DLC
Edited by DodgeDusk

I LOVE how the old school Persona negotiations is back! WOO. Also, Kaneko's demons are back as encounters instead of the silly shadow monsters. This game is already shaping up to be a really good Persona game.

I won't be getting this since I won't be buying a PS4 or whatever, but I'll most definitely watch LP's of this game. I don't have the time to commit to an RPG that's as long and complicated as this one.

I LOVE how the old school Persona negotiations is back! WOO. Also, Kaneko's demons are back as encounters instead of the silly shadow monsters. This game is already shaping up to be a really good Persona game.

I won't be getting this since I won't be buying a PS4 or whatever, but I'll most definitely watch LP's of this game. I don't have the time to commit to an RPG that's as long and complicated as this one.

If it helps, it's also going to be released for the PS3.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

man i can't decide if i should buy a cheap ps3 for this or wait for that new ps4 or what right now. i used to room with someone who owned a ps4, but moving now.

I'm honestly probably going to get a PS4. I thought about keeping a PS3, but it is time for me personally to upgrade.

As for P5, I'm looking forward for it. Particularly for Lotus Juice. I missed that man. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable shipping wars, though.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I'm honestly probably going to get a PS4. I thought about keeping a PS3, but it is time for me personally to upgrade.

yeah, my only issue is that there's a ps4.5 that is supposed to be released some time probably after p5. no idea if it's worth the wait

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was about to post it, but I was beaten to the punch.

Anyway, I loved the english cast and Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash Bros, as the protagonist is just perfect. I can just picture him saying the Persona names like the announcer in Smash Bros.

Really solid cast.

Edited by Water Mage

I was about to post it, but I was beaten to the punch.

Anyway, I loved the english cast and Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash Bros, as the protagonist is just perfect. I can just picture him saying the Persona names like the announcer in Smash Bros.

Really solid cast.

I hope he doesn't pronounce Arsène as Ar-sen-ay in the game though.

Oh I forgot to post it but here's an early review of the Japanese version for anyone interested.

I might look into this game but it's not a priority for me, from what I hear Persona is structurally similar to Tokyo Mirage Session and if I'm being perfectly honest I wasn't really a fan of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. That said this review made me half tempted to get to Persona 5 a shot. Who knows if I don't have anything to buy at that point that I want more, I will pick it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

anyone know if there will be a north america equivalent of that ps4 slim/persona 5 bundle? 

As far as I know, no. Just the normal edition and the Take your Heart Edition.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to double post, but the newest (and possibly the last) P5 trailer just released, once again confirming the release date as April 4th. Atlus hasn't actually announced it, but it seems like the trailer is there to say the game has gone gold.