I need tips on how to relax

Caster

Do something different, that's also fun?

Cook something delicious for yourself?

I don't know what your inner workings are like, so I'm not sure what you find fun/stressful/etc.

take deep breaths and tell yourself it'll be 100% okay. i stress out a lot too, the doctors told me as much when i was hospitalized a few weeks ago <_<, but what i said has worked for me at least.

My hospital stay was a thing.

iunno Just try something new. Maybe take a walk at some point in the day.

Do something different, that's also fun?

Cook something delicious for yourself?

I don't know what your inner workings are like, so I'm not sure what you find fun/stressful/etc.

uh

clipsey i'm pretty boring

i don't do much tbh

i've been trying to go on walks to relax but it's too damn hot out it just makes me more irritated

take deep breaths and tell yourself it'll be 100% okay. i stress out a lot too, the doctors told me as much when i was hospitalized a few weeks ago <_<, but what i said has worked for me at least.

i-i suppose i can try..

uh

clipsey i'm pretty boring

i don't do much tbh

i've been trying to go on walks to relax but it's too damn hot out it just makes me more irritated

i-i suppose i can try..

telling yourself things can be powerful, in my experience ("i can do this!" "i'll be fine!" "it'll go great!" etc.). here's a (really lame) anecdote.

so, there i was, taking the latter half of calc iii (at a quarter school so it's split up into two classes) with a teacher who had a reputation for being really tough. i was also taking my last physics class before i could finally declare astrophysics as my major, so needless to say my last quarter sucked as i constantly stressed myself out nearly the entire quarter, and went out rarely.

anyway, math 23b has three tests: 2 midterms and a final. on the second midterm, i had what i think might have been an anxiety attack or something. while the test was being handed out i got really light-headed, vision was fading to black a little bit, and i perhaps almost fainted. i took the test and got a 58. i was so bummed, i knew that material so fucking well! i worked probably the hardest i've ever worked in any previous class ever. but, i panicked, and i failed because of it. come final time, i took a few deep breaths, listened to some tunes for 30-45 minutes before the test, and gave myself a big boost in confidence. i essentially forced myself to relax and it worked. i did great on the test.

i (obviously) had very challenging school work to occupy my time. my advice isn't just to do stuff to set your mind at ease, but to challenge yourself in something, and overcome it with confidence. being confident will help you relax, and having completed a challenge/goal you set for yourself makes it so that future challenges aren't so stressful or overwhelming.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Step 1: Analyze what is stressing you out.

Step 2: Tell it to f*** off (figuratively, though literally might help)

Step 3: Lay down and listen to some tunes.

haha some of those things have actually worsened the situation in my experience. i dunno, i guess "do what works for you" is the right thing to say here, although you don't seem to know what works for you

Yeah i can see everything on my list actually making the situation a lot worse