Why do you think laguz are never mentioned?

Dragoncat

Yeah. They are both birds of prey that hunt during the day. If I were to add a bird laguz tribe, it would be owl, which is different enough.

But to each their own. And...OMG, Stuart Little...I used to have that playstation game. Back in the day when video games based on movies didn't suck.

Edited by Dragoncat

Yeah. They are both birds of prey that hunt during the day. If I were to add a bird laguz tribe, it would be owl, which is different enough.

But to each their own. And...OMG, Stuart Little...I used to have that playstation game. Back in the day when video games based on movies didn't suck.

They've always sucked, but some were decent, like Jurassic Park for the SNES.

I don't think those SpotPass Paralogues are canon at all. To me, Emmeryn and Gangrel stay dead.

I don't think those SpotPass Paralogues are canon at all. To me, Emmeryn and Gangrel stay dead.

Good point...but then, explain Priam. Supposed to be Ike's great great great great grandson...so that means Ikey kun traveled far from the land of his birth and ended up elsewhere.

Yeah, but owls just aren't as cool, imo. And they're nocturnal, so I can't really imagine how they'd do well with everyone else that sleeps at night and battles during the day.

And yeah, I consider the paralogues to be canon because of Priam.

Edited by Anacybele

To me owls are awesome because of Guardians of Gahoole. Book series about a world of owls...there's even one named Soren!

Well, real herons can't sing magic songs either. So maybe owl laguz wouldnt have to be nocturnal...but I see your point.

The bird laguz still seem pretty true to their real-life counterparts though. The ravens being pirates is kind of akin to how crows/ravens in real life like to raid crops (why do you think they call that one crop decoration a scarecrow?). Hawk laguz loving meat so much goes along with hawks being birds of prey and all.

Though the herons, you do have a point about them. I heard that irl they're actually rather nasty birds, though they do still have the gracefulness.

Edited by Anacybele

Thing is, Laguz don't need to use stones to attack, but Manaketes and Taguel do. So how do you explain that?

Change over time. Besides what Sartek said, in FE6 the ending winter changed the balance of manakete forms. And in FE9 and 10, the laguz and beorc evolved from some ancestor race (I forgot their name), and the branded evolved from the laguz and beorc. So it's not like new developments can't occur.

I personally like the idea that all the Fire Emblem universes are in the same world, just different continents. It makes it pretty interesting to me to consider that all the legends of the other continents were passed down through the ages, since awakening would be the most recent one chronologically. So I also like the idea that perhaps the Taguel are some kind of distant relative of the Laguz.

Edited by Diabeasty

...But they're not in the same world. FE Awakening proved that with the Outrealm gate. And Chrom states that the Radiant Hero (Ike) came from "another world."

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like the outrealms are more like pocket dimensions, where locations and heroes of the past are manifested. Obviously the enemy units aren't one and the same as the actual people they represent, I don't see why the locations couldn't be the same way. That's just how I would rationalize it though. I could be completely wrong but really, for me it's more of a "Wouldn't it be cool if this happened?" thing rather than "This is how this happened"

Edit: Actually, I think I'm wrong about the locations, but they could still simply be parallel universes. Another world doesn't necessarily mean a completely different world. The Aversa in the storylines of the DLC isn't the same Aversa as the main game, and she is described as "from another world." And if you think about it, Lucina and all the children are also from another world as well.

Edited by Diabeasty

It doesn't mean they can't be, though. Another world could just mean another continent. Regardless, it's just something that I feel would be cool.

If it were another continent, I would think that Chrom would actually know of Ashera in the original script. But instead, Ashera's name was pasted on in the localization. (Dunno why, though.) As for what it originally said...

Only what the legends tell—that he's an unparalleled warrior from another world. They say he felled thousands with a blade blessed by a goddess.

If we're gonna go with literal:

"The legends speak of an unparalleled swordsman from another world. With a blade blessed by a deity, he cut down enemies numbering in the thousands."

So, yeah. Pretty much.

If it were another continent, I would think that Chrom would actually know of Ashera in the original script. But instead, Ashera's name was pasted on in the localization. (Dunno why, though.) As for what it originally said...

Only what the legends tell—that he's an unparalleled warrior from another world. They say he felled thousands with a blade blessed by a goddess.

If we're gonna go with literal:

"The legends speak of an unparalleled swordsman from another world. With a blade blessed by a deity, he cut down enemies numbering in the thousands."

So, yeah. Pretty much.

This is why I didn't remember Ashera EVER being mentioned.

I never finished that paralogue on my English copy.

In Champions of Yore Sothe does mistake Panne for a laguz.

I think 1000 years (ish) is a long time for a race like the laguz to survive without being persecuted, as the Taguel were wiped out probably less than 30 years before the events of FE13, so hatred towards shifters has probably existed that whole time. The laguz may just have been hunted down by fanatics at some point.

In Champions of Yore Sothe does mistake Panne for a laguz.

I think 1000 years (ish) is a long time for a race like the laguz to survive without being persecuted, as the Taguel were wiped out probably less than 30 years before the events of FE13, so hatred towards shifters has probably existed that whole time. The laguz may just have been hunted down by fanatics at some point.

The problem with this theory is that laguz are badasses with organized societies dominating entire countries, their own armies, and absurdly powerful royal families superior to nearly all human soldiers. It would take a lot to wipe out the laguz entirely, far more than a bunch of drunk, violent extremist humans.