Let's Pretend The Internet Won't Spoil How To Unlock All The SSB4 Characters...

Randoman

Let's pretend the internet won't spoil how to unlock all the SSB4 characters. So without the internet to rely on, and knowing what you know from the past 3 games and who the unlockable characters are, what methods would you try to use to unlock all the characters? Well, barring playing X amount of vs. matches since that's a given.

I'd personally try:

-defeating Classic Mode with Mario/Pit/Marth/Robin/Link/Zelda (it probably unlocks Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Ganondorf, respectively)

-defeating the 100 Man Smash (it probably unlocks Falco)

-defeating All Star Mode without all the characters unlocked (I have a feeling it unlocks Duck Hunt Dog)

-hitting every single Target in Target Blast (it probably unlocks Mr. Game & Watch)

I'll cut off my list there so I don't end up hogging all the likely character unlock methods.

Please no insane unlocks >_>. I'd like Ness and Lucina on the first day I have the game.

Marth on Classic -> Lucy seems obvious though.

I see match unlocks going

Ness - Jigglypuff - Wario - Falco - blah blah blah - Bowser Jr. - Duck Hunt Dog - Lucina - Dark Pit - Dr. Mario - any possible mystery characters

I don't want any insane unlocks either. It's one thing I felt Brawl did better than Melee with. No stupidly hard to unlock characters. I'd like to not spend weeks trying to get Duck Hunt Dog and Falco.

That's not all. If you nab a poison mushroom, it drops your mushroom count by 1.

Aren't Poison Mushrooms and Super Mushrooms separate items? If so, then that's a moot point.

I don't want any insane unlocks either. It's one thing I felt Brawl did better than Melee with.

I can't think of anybody in Melee who had ridiculous unlock conditions.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I can't think of anybody in Melee who had ridiculous unlock conditions.

*appears behind NinjaMonkey and whispers "~*Mewtwo*~" and vanishes without a trace*

Duck Hunt Dog: Play Event Match 57 "Attack of the Nostalgia"

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

But, i always use the internet to find out who to unlock :(

Maybe i would do something like clear classic mode multiple times or with a certain character

Like i'm guessing Lucina is unlocked by beating classic mode with Robin, but idk

*appears behind NinjaMonkey and whispers "~*Mewtwo*~" and vanishes without a trace*

20 combined hours of versus play/700 versus matches isn't that bad.

Of course, I had five siblings who all played Smash to help with that...

Like i'm guessing Lucina is unlocked by beating classic mode with Robin, but idk

I heard that you had to

play 20 versus matches on Arena Ferox to unlock her.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Welp i was completely off

About that...

According to GameFaqs, in order to unlock Lucina, you have to either 1) Play 40 Smash matches or 2) Beat Classic Mode on Normal difficulty with Marth or Robin.

Edited by NinjaMonkey