Make your own DLC packs! (spoilers

Knight

I'm pretty satisfied with things how they are but can I remove Duck Hunt Dog PLEASE

I guess Roy from FE6 would be cool but they'd kinda be... what's the phrase, grasping at straws otherwise? I feel like extra assist trophies is kinda lame because it means you have to pay to use items, but playable characters like Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo would be great since they were already in previous games, can't think of anyone new who is really worthy to be in otherwise (not really an "all-stars" line-up if you pack it with too many extras without justification + making up custom movesets for all of them would be rough and we have enough clones as it is... oh right some people consider Wolf and Lucas clones too... /notmethough)

My idea was that everything would be in a single pack, so you wouldn't be buying individual items they'd just be extras in the pack thrown in for fun.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My packs are going to be a little too ambitious, I think.

[spoiler=Pack 1: SSB4 Cuts]

- Returning Character: Lucas

- Returning Character: Wolf

- Returning Character: Ivysaur

- Returning Character: Squirtle

- Returning Character: Snake (Since this is a dream scenario, I'll just say Konami gives the rights)

- Returning Character: Ice Climbers (If they really aren't possible on the 3DS, then the 3DS version will get a different version of them with only one Ice Climber and 4 costumes for Popo and 4 for Nana)

- Assist Trophy: Isaac (If my pack with him as playable can't happen)

- Stage: Shadow Moses Island (Brawl). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Summit (Brawl). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Castle Siege (Brawl). Wii U

- Stage: Luigi's Mansion (Brawl). 3DS

[spoiler=Pack 2: Brawl Cuts]

- Returning Character: Mewtwo

- Returning Character: Roy

- Returning Character: Pichu

- Returning Character: Young Link

- Stage: Great Bay (Melee). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee/Brawl). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Fourside (Melee). 3DS only.

- Stage: Brinstar Depths (Melee). Wii U only.

[spoiler=Pack 3: SSB64 Stages]

- Stage: Hyrule Castle (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Saffron City (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Sector Z (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Kongo Jungle (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Peach's Castle (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Mushroom Kingdom (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Planet Zebes (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Dream Land (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

- Stage: Yoshi's Island (SSB64). Both 3DS and Wii U

I'll edit this post with new stuff later. My dream is a total of about 10 packs (yes, I know it's not going to happen) Except for the Past Games cut packs, they'll generally have 2-3 characters, 1-3 stages, and a bunch of extra stuff like costumes and music.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Smash Bros. Season Pass

Cost: $5.00 per pack (buy all three packs for $12.00. Reduced to $2.00 per pack or $6.00 for all three if you have both games)

How this works is there are three packs to buy. By buying all three, you not only get one pack for a reduced price, you also get a bonus. The bonus being:

- 4 Olimar and 4 Alph costumes

- 7 Bowser Jr. palettes

The actual packs come out every two weeks and will add a new character along with two new stages.

Pack 1 contains Dixie Kong, Fountain of Dreams (Melee) and Castle Siege (Brawl)

Pack 2 contains Chorus Kids, Great Bay (Melee) and Kongo Jungle (Smash 64)

Pack 3 contains Mewtwo, Yoshi's Island (Smash 64) and Lylat Cruise (Brawl)

Does Fire Emblem REALLY need five characters?

no

it doesn't

When there's a pile of games sitting there with no reps... Yes, it does.

Plus, I wouldn't count Lucina with the fact she is apparently far clonier than anything Melee had to offer.

Besides, FE is getting popular and what better way to expose 2 and 4-8 than SSB?

Because FE13 is bad

What Glaceon Mage said is the reason why I didn't want anymore than Robin for Awakening in this game. So a fourth rep can be someone from an unrepresented game. It's also a reason I wanted Ephraim. He's from a game that's had no attention. And he's really cool and uses a lance. And I think his hair is more green than blue. :D

You are all extremely biased though. I suppose I would be too, as I would add Lucas and Paula to Mother if I could.

The average person would not care at all for 5 fire emblem characters, especially since Zelda has 5, and the four we have are perfect IMO.

Of course, feel free to disagree. I'm also speaking of the outrage that would occur.

Alm, Seliph and Leif say hi.

I think overall that Lucas wasn't unliked, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as an alternate model for Ness a la Alph. (Since his moves are already there.) I also wouldn't mind the Pokemon Trainer returning with Lucas in an orange costume returning in place of Charizard.

You are all extremely biased though. I suppose I would be too, as I would add Lucas and Paula to Mother if I could.

The average person would not care at all for 5 fire emblem characters, especially since Zelda has 5, and the four we have are perfect IMO.

Of course, feel free to disagree. I'm also speaking of the outrage that would occur.

Unlike Zelda, FE has a far larger cast of viable reps. Even Mario's picks feel a bit strained.

The thing about FE is that to be represented "fully" it needs Marth, Alm, Seliph, MAYBE Leif, Roy, maybe Eli, one of the FE8 lords, Ike, and a FE13 lord. That's nine.

Now every protagonist in the series.

There's 17 viable reps.

Four underdoes how many potential candidates FE has.

Yes, we're biased, but I feel FE is the easiest series to pick for alongside Pokémon.

Unlike Zelda, FE has a far larger cast of viable reps. Even Mario's picks feel a bit strained.

The thing about FE is that to be represented "fully" it needs Marth, Alm, Seliph, MAYBE Leif, Roy, maybe Eli, one of the FE8 lords, Ike, and a FE13 lord. That's nine.

Now every protagonist in the series.

There's 17 viable reps.

Four underdoes how many potential candidates FE has.

Yes, we're biased, but I feel FE is the easiest series to pick for alongside Pokémon.

A tad bit ridiculous though.

Fire Emblem has characters from 1/3/9/10/11/12/13, with music from 2/6/7/8. Add some trophies from these games plus Judgral and boom.

I think that Alm would have been good, but meh.

Also, you have to keep relevancy.

All newcomers in this game were either recent or retro, besides maybe Villager, but close enough. Alm or Celica are, like the only ones old enough to be retro.

Glaceon Mage brings up a good point. Pokemon and FE have the largest range of viable reps in any Nintendo series.

But I also like the idea of repping FE by era/console. Ike represents GC and Wii, Marth represents NES, SNES, and DS and we now have Robin and Lucina for 3DS. Ephraim would've represented GBA if he'd gotten in instead of Lucina. Same with Roy, although Roy would've been yet another sword wielder and have flames like Ike (unless Ike's Eruption was given to Roy or something, of course).

Although I would LOVE for more Fire Emblem characters, I just don't ever see it happening.

And I'd have to agree with Monado Boy. Other people who don't care for Fire Emblem might actually be outraged. I saw some people complaining that Fire Emblem actually got 4. Even though one of them was a clone, but still counts as a character.

In terms of popularity, I don't think FE is anywhere CLOSE to that of Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I think we should got lucky with Lucina. Truth be told, I never expected FE to go over 3 characters. Fire Emblem might be easy to pick from, but do they really need another?

Glaceon Mage brings up a good point. Pokemon and FE have the largest range of viable reps in any Nintendo series.

But I also like the idea of repping FE by era/console. Ike represents GC and Wii, Marth represents NES, SNES, and DS and we now have Robin and Lucina for 3DS. Ephraim would've represented GBA if he'd gotten in instead of Lucina. Same with Roy, although Roy would've been yet another sword wielder and have flames like Ike (unless Ike's Eruption was given to Roy or something, of course).

but still...

If this was a Metroid forum, there'd be people clamoring for more Metroid.

On a Mother one, more Mother.

Feel free to think that, but it's all relative.

...You're kidding, right? Some people REALLY need to do their research. They really didn't know that FE games prior to Ike's exist? Even after Roy was in Melee? Wow...

Edited by Anacybele

When Robin and Lucina were revealed, I heard people complaining that "everyone from Fire Emblem" got in. Take that for what you will.

That just shows how little people actually know about the series, lol.

You can't complain about everyone from FE being in until everyone down to the most generic NPC is in :P:

My point is that, like Monado was saying, FE is still a smaller series in terms of popularity and fanbase than the likes of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc.. The reason people don't know that the series has a lot of characters is that not a lot of people have really played the games. Most people only know Awakening, Marth, Ike, and maybe Roy. Therefore, I feel that four reps is enough, perhaps even pushing it a bit.

Did we all suddenly forget that Awakening gave the series a much-needed popularity boost? Three reps is perfectly fine. I'm surprised we got four though.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I'd say they were expressing their distaste through exaggeration.

However, I say that an Advance Wars character/Chibi-Robo/Isaac/any other new series is far more important than new characters for any series that have more than 3.

also why is doc not his own series, i'd love dr. luigi, viruses, and megavitamin trophies

it did get a boost, but i think the real reason for the 4 character inclusion is for the developers to ride the sea of popularity to increase future fire emblem sales. intelligent sys. and nin. could have a lot going for them if they have a good schedule kept for game releases. iirc, melee helped make the introduction to the fire emblem series possible outside japan, and now another opportunity has been given to increase that popularity. int. sys. just needs to seize it. my guess is we'll see something around the wii u release, so fe x smt might finally be getting some more press time, since we know that it's not cancelled. maybe even a new fe, since it's been a biennial series for most of its life. i can't see any other reason to give fe nearly the same amount of reps as a series like legend of zelda (4 or 5 since sheik is her own character now i guess) or pokemon (5), which are both astronomically more profitable and popular.

fire emblem already has gaming websites on its side, with nearly every review singing its praises loud. int. sys. needs only to continue that momentum and market a little better.

and yes, advance wars and golden sun desperately need just one rep. psynergy fighting in smash seems like a blast, though i guess isaac would be functionally similar to ness or zelda ('b' moves, not in general).

Edited by Phoenix Wright