TheMoniker

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dafuq can she have 0 even with the brave axe? That thing has like 14 MT right??

Yeah, but Lyn has 12 strength...

Well, to tide you guys over until Klok finishes Wallface's chapter and I can start recording the new one, have my scrapped run:

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 19: CHAPTER 24b: Part 0: Wailing Failface

H9cKVCo.png

Canas starts by rushing headlong into the enemies and stealing the lockpick.

CtaDZbF.png

I begin dispatchment of a group this way.

oGbfMes.pnglmE1St8.png

My guys move forward and reveal some mooks. The bishop has a goody.

wHxMbHP.png

Yes merc, that's right...Wil chooses YOU!

1RzOYg7.png

First turn setup. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

JAZrmSS.png

Klok has no mercy for Wallace. Knights and a PREPROMOTE GENERAL IMMEDIATELY attack him, and if he's unlucky, they'll greatly reduce his health.

8RV0y9T.png

Yes. This is a crit. You gotta be-

zuXKiAk.png

I alter my position(not really, I alter the RNs instead), but Wallface is less lucky this time...Keep in mind that Wallace can double and kill this guy, but ONLY if he gets crit rolls.

6vYmpjB.png

Dangit Canas! You're supposed to be dodgy!

79zx4mj.png

Thank you!

9Dd4nbx.png

...Nevermind. Not like it matters anyway.

zve8ANc.png

Wallace dodges a shot out of the dark. If this had hit, IT WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM. THIS IS THE FREAKIN FIRST TURN!!! I'm happy that Klok has at least recognized this as bad design, and is taking steps to fix it!

I GUESS you could have him saved by now if you did some INSANE strategy involving god-units, rescue+warp combos, and RNG abuse, IF you even had those things. Of course, if you did that the strategy would not be "Recruit Wallace", it would be "Kill Lloyd first turn".

natUuO6.png

Mini heart attack, but Canas does me proud. That cav has all three of the blade weapons.

tPdOlVr.png

Did you know Wil is considered armored? This Eliwood-mook is actually pretty tough.

3PbiLcW.png

Wallace is intelligent enough to run and heal... but he's running AWAY from us, not TOWARDS us! He's just trying to get away from the enemies, but if he's even hurt the first turn, you're placed in an even more impossible position for all the later turns.

DETaVqC.png

Wyverns approach from the mountains.

SJs3ZQ0.png

As you can see, the silver-katti-rape trio is still here. They were originally replaced by a giant squad of steel sword mercs/myrms, but that was awful so Klok changed it.

NICrMHT.png

Oh wait, the silver part of the trio is different. And glitching out.

JjBkHX2.png

I want to SEE! Light my way, Canas!

0qzWTKc.png

Can I go back to being blind?

hHVzap8.pngM0aXQqT.png

Lloyd is a good assassin, and would be a MASSIVE pain to hit if he stayed on his throne, but he'll instead charge at us the minute we come in his range. His runesword at least can't silencer, but there's nothing stopping his poison sword...

gsYdRYK.png

This range, like Linus's, cuts off a good part of the map, and you have to risk it to kill some of the more important enemies, as well as reach the secret shop. And when I say "important enemies", I'm talking about...

A5stwgi.pngs4kCwDb.png

THIS ballistajerk. He will MERCILESSLY pummel poor Wallace until you kill him, which is rather hard to do. He takes out a bit more than half Wallace's HP with each hit, and he has a good crit chance!

u89tPi6.png

Cold comfort. If any at all, honestly.

h6s2Iv8.pngQmrzbOx.png

Eliwood lord is outright TANKY, but Wil doesn't let me down.

JyTEp1l.pngbEsfpoW.png

Serra visits one shop, finds useless things, then visits the other shop to find much better things. Axereavers are again available, along with steel swords. Great place for restocking.

xQBWSrQ.pngTudojN4.png

Why do you guys even try?

6qB33LU.png

And then Wallace actually does die, on the second turn, to the previously mentioned sniper. I promptly rage quit decide to take a break. The break ended up being longer than anticipated.

Expect delays for the next update, since Klok has promised a new patch that FIXES THIS BS.

Yeah. Wallace is basically un-recruitable without ULTIMATE TACTICS as is.

If eliwood has a S in staves, just have him rescue Wallace.

Yeah, but really, I don't think it's good to just ASSUME the player has an S staver by now. Without rescue, you're screwed, basically.

Still recording the chapter, but...

Hello everyone, and welcome back to...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: BONUS EPISODE 4: IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

l5U72Ky.png

Exaggeration, but yeah...

T9l8uSt.png

Well, I get to show another one of these! This is always fun!

YiFp5kB.png

The text is just a BIT more stable than normal, but the weapons are still terrible.

yhMslL8.png

Did you know Leila's description exists?

TFVns0J.png

Isadora apparently has achieved negative CON.

1XokyiL.png

LET'S PROMOTE THIS CRAZY LADY

fer1hDu.png

Nope.

BQ8CfCO.png

I also promote Erk. It works, albeit with no animation and a glitchy "afterimage".

90ldAmP.pngbJn3Nmy.png

Those are some...interesting stats...what kind of "-ailface" are you now? I don't know!

bzT6k64.png

Let's do some GRINDING! YEAH!

dBm6gmF.png

...nevermind.

I6OXWIz.png

This is what happens when I try to enter a combat animation. I decided at this point that I had seen enough.

sOBsIFx.png

A repatch fixes it, naturally.

Also, NEWFACE:

08SmqLr.pngoZgW6p7.png

Oh wow, he's totally awesome now. Great inventory, iron rune to prevent screwage, and lots more tankiness. I think we'll be able to make it in time.

I'm not sure if his new growths have been added to the sheet yet. I'll show them off when they are.

Wallace's new growths are 70/55/50/25/50/50/0. The only difference is a 15% boost to his resistance growth. He also got +2 base con and a fuckton of base res. He's the ultimate THWOMP, pretty much.

Marcus' new growths are 65/60/50/25/15/55/0. He got a 10% boost to strength and 20% to resistance.

Edited by Tequila

Wallace's new growths are 70/55/50/25/50/50/0. The only difference is a 15% boost to his resistance growth. He also got +2 base con and a fuckton of base res. He's the ultimate THWOMP, pretty much.

Marcus' new growths are 65/60/50/25/15/55/0. He got a 10% boost to strength and 20% to resistance.

Okay, if that's the only changes, then I don't think we need another character description.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 19: CHAPTER 24b: Part 1: Strongface Strikes

I'll skip over the initial movement, if that's fine with you guys.

YhlpBYx.png

A torch reveals the large multitude of wyverns already positioned in the mountains. From what I've played so far, there aren't actually any reinforcements.

tk3KTPL.png

Wil decides to not crit for once, at a time when I actually need a crit. Thanks so much.

AZrLJPY.png

First turn setup. WILL WE LIVE?

b57nKQ9.png

I have his animations on, so we can see his actually-pretty-nice palette. Look at that damage. This guy will do BETTER this time!

ascGzOW.png

Oh no! There's only one reason he would have attacked Rath...the AI detects a kill!

seO7zP5.png

Wallace has GOT this.

2uziKmj.png

Oh thank goodness. With Lyn's crit bonus, Hector has managed to avoid a-

gCodRQN.png

WHAT THE HECK. DOUBLING? 7% CRIT? SERIOUSLY?

Savestate.

YheNsm9.png

I have Eliwood grab a staff since I forgot to let him have one in the prep screen.

EqsL3RH.png

Yes...he DIDN'T crit...

C2F8RTl.png

BUT THEN THE BALLISTICIAN CRIT INSTEAD. Rath is tanky-he survived!

emBDNpC.png

AT LEAST UNTIL THE SECOND BALLISTA.

z7cxyWv.png

A gap in my defense allows the bishop to attack Merlinus. He misses, though.

lWocl8I.png

Yes, this was a crit.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

7ccGpDO.png

JUSTIFIED RNG ABUSE.

fgNflSs.png

He's gonna do it! He's gonna LIIIIVVVEEE!

NXjssMk.png

The second ballistician hits Wallace, although due to my RNG abuse, he has gotten hit by the general as well. As you can see, the damage to him is much less now! Even if every attack hits him, he can survive, at least for the first turn.

EuqFXkj.png

Weapon triangle you say? Well, Lyn can dodge and hit anyway. It's DAMAGE that's the problem!

vSNDrNb.png

I get the impression that Wallace's AI has been changed to "stay on the tile", because he no longer dashes to the least safe corner possible to heal. Thank you, Klok!

UJ6mVQh.pngsbiZbnH.png

REVENGE! AHAHAHA! Yes, Rath did crit him.

KkozRCS.pngLknA4Tn.png

The halberdier basic attack animation is just a rather simple thrust.

aVszz5d.png

Second-turn setup.

8qqpYJ9.png

Wallace is now "The Armor Horse Lightning Light Heal Lady". Oh, if only the vote would let me use him...

c94Abv8.png

FOOLISH MYRM. YOU CANNOT HOPE TO BEAT STRONGFACE.

1iKYBda.png63S0jWu.png

AGAIN you get critted and sniped, Rath?

3onrWt1.png

Strongface meanwhile is dodging like a pro. Let's see what he does to counter on his turn!

2xkoK0M.pnglK4Ve6Y.png

Suddenly, the wyvern army mounts an assault on poor paper Erk! All three of them have stats basically like this. Erk dodges all their shots, and kills them in return...

TROxcVQ.png

And then he totally owns this wyvern lord. I award you the official "Moniker head pat".

WEAR IT WITH PRIDE.

8badSXQ.png

Minor heart attack! Klok still hasn't fixed armored Wil.

La57rQo.png

Strongface has learned SUPER LIGHTNING. He is not promoted to thwompface.

cxrJwAL.png

Bandits! Trying to mount a sneak attack on the village! ...Good luck guys.

cMVsryX.png

Now what to do about this wyvern...these guys are CRAZY strong. Sure hope I never have to fight large amounts of them!

mFAHQgQ.pngAmeNamI.png

Lyn kills the guy, but I didn't actually WANT her to get the kill...savestate.

GBsq29Q.png

Time to SEE.

Wh3KJfF.png

SO MANY MYRMS

Yeah, the main enemy of this chapter is myrms. There are reinforcements every other turn, two from the castle and one from the fort. They carry a silver sword, an iron sword, and a steel blade. The silver sword one is especially dangerous. With the new power of swords, an all-myrm army can be SCARY. And you can't push ahead to the spawnpoints because Lloyd. There's also monk reinforcements with their aggravating crit tomes.

b5QRbJm.pngw0MEHnz.png

REVENGE! EAT IT, STUPID CRIT BALLISTICIAN!

YQsLDvu.png

Perfectly weakened, Lyn...

SBciYxy.png

Erk gets the kill...only to JUST BARELY not get enough XP.

9cPmf65.png

Priscilla gets an okay level.

0kRKmzK.png

So...you really thought you could reach the village.

UXeFiBG.png

Ah crap, just one us of the fimbulvetr gave him that much anima XP? Is fimbulvetr like the devil axe with regards to WEXP? I want him to get S-rank staves!

of2FxBa.png0emk0JS.png

You just keep that up buddy. There's another unit coming soon who you need to compete with!

Z6j3RE8.png

The shop has some junk tomes. I get NOTHING.

kubdBW1.png

I get a restore and some mends from this one, just like in Geitz's chapter.

prPqQ5e.pngDKSl8xV.png

Oh man...will Rath survive the sword onslaught?

UZvC34k.png

A steel sword guy attacks Erk, and unwittingly makes him much more powerful.

OFYaYLu.png

Did you know Rath is NOT considered armored?

6SP97pC.png

Just look at that myrm/monk formation.

5jW3PKA.png

The hero attacks Rath and doubles him, but he pulls off TWO miraculous dodges...

wEF5feD.png

Which in short order save his life, along with the point of defense he got last level. Talk about coincidences!

b1lwtZa.png

Thwompface thwomps all over this poor myrm.

OK4flEi.png

Monk reinforcements! Right under my nose!

EI3tTki.png

Lowen has reached thwompfaces position, and will now work with him to clear the area. It's no longer rescue, it's "get there before the prepromote XP is gone".

qWmF35X.png

We're almost all there. I'm gonna let Canas rob the hero, so all my units are gonna leave the poor guy in the dust.

Jxm6Xa5.png

Erk promotes, you've already seen his promotion, I won't show it again.

Well, that's the end of part 1! This chapter may only be a two-parter!

You know what? When I'm not busy getting critted or playing for the RNG god to bless Wallace, this chapter is pretty fun!

Wallace went from "Somewhat useless, maybe marginally better than Marcus" to "Wow, much better than Marcus... if only he had a T3".

And yes, I altered his AI. He was never supposed to move, I forgot to tag the third "don't fucking run away" AI byte.

OFYaYLu.png

Did you know Rath is NOT considered armored?

Uh, that's not good lol. Wil isn't supposed to be, Rath is. I'm too lazy to fix this though. Maybe the revamp in three years will make these quirks vanish.

Edited by Klokinator

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 19: CHAPTER 24b: Part 2: Sword Land

1m0p7F0.png

I know I've said this before, but Lyn+swordreaver is great. Can't wait until we get a swordslayer.

aUlloCL.png

As you can see, bandits are now on the field too. If you're REALLY slow, they might destroy the village, but probably not.

wBvuehh.pngBUUzCb6.png

Oh wow! An outright MIRACULOUS dodge! Two, even! When crits aren't involved, everyone is doing great!

ZtWVS7b.png

Wil eliminates the pesky archer.

z2DfWsF.png

Oh Leila, now you're just rubbing your RNG mastery in his face!

l9A8dVy.png

Dead!

Pjgwmti.png

Gah!

dtlbmQf.png

We have THIS much of the map controlled. We must lay siege to the castle of Lloyd!

Cz32KU6.png

Dangit Lyn!

5JurclS.png

Another great dodge!

i7slSsM.pngnPinCuL.png

Wil can recruit Thwompface? Huh. Well, those enemies better prepare to get WRECKED.

Uhym1pC.pngrNw0ndh.png

We visit the top village and encounter our friendly spy. What's the deal with this guy anyway? He's so random. Either way, this may or may not be useful.

58haOWL.png

Thwompface is healed. YOU ENEMIES THOUGHT YOU COULD CHIP HIM? WRONG.

p5smAG7.png

Leila gets an okay level.

2HjLRD6.png

Guess who's out of ballista?

ZggvpfW.png

I begin Florina's steel sword usage, and we can finally see her promoted palette.

UJg4rgv.png

It's a whole bandit train!

rB1Z7W7.png

Thwompface charges in to save the ailing left front!

iYsuEc5.png

Dangit Lyn! For getting all that speed instead of strength, you could at least use it!

mC9gqVF.png

Mini heart attack, but Leila hasn't lost her RNG powers.

vMllRVh.png

He still hits, but this time circumstances align to give Lyn 1 more HP.

gok32ch.png

The sniper runs right up to Thwompface, but gets cold feet and doesn't attack.

HA0nByu.png

WHY DID I SEE SPAWNS BACK HERE? STUPID FOG!

bYiIF6d.png

MINE! These are the only stealables in the level, which is kinda odd compared to Geitz's statbooster horde.

cBPCIIG.png1cTbFRS.png

You were very annoying, Mr sniper, but ultimately you didn't stand a chance.

ArCNXQC.png

Thwompface drops a nuke on Lloyd, and the radiation allows us to see everything up there. Clearly.

SGH42u6.png

There are some stationary wyverns up here! Looks like we did have reinforcements after all. It's a trap!

pLsORQU.png

STIMULANT-POWERED LEVEL!

1RShKPF.png

MONKS! MONKS FROM THE BOTTOM! And steel sword targeting Erk!

EwyY52s.png

Erk, despite his promotion, still dies extremely quickly. Man...

U2PCqRH.pngPeMmQS1.png

Net loss of stat points, but only slightly.

WYcZesj.png

Silver sword mooks are less threatening thanks to Florina.

LbYEPAP.png

Why don't we just see what's down there...

m35Y95u.png

WOAH. THERE ARE LOTS.

bc64GSi.png

This village gives an earth seal. We don't really need any more, but okay.

tJib0FG.png

We push back against the horde. The group on the right slides in to take the group's place...once we defeat this threat, things are basically over.

inml8Eo.png

Two of the steel sword mooks are kind enough to position themselves exactly to block the monk mooks!

7tVCpvx.png

The bandits are gone now.

EjZjWdB.png

I WOULD have cleared them all this turn, if it weren't for this guy. Thanks a lot!

hGAmnZE.png

Yup. We're pretty much done.

3c2t5WW.png

This is really a rather arbitrary shop location.

pr7HgD7.png

Effective weapons, same as Geitz's chapter.

03oyITM.png

Erk overcompensates for his previous miss.

Mh67af4.png

Weapon triangle? Doesn't matter to Wil.

uookIUz.png

You twirl that axe Rath. Twirl it all day!

yW3D875.png

Let's go take care of those wyverns.

WHMED0z.png

Wait, wha-

iqQFCAv.png

HUH?

Ev8IE8g.png

Lowen kills three with steel lances, but yeah...two wyverns just split into 6. This is a thing that happens in romhacks.

Iu6a3uk.png

Wil lures them out, but despite his 71 fails to crit FOUR TIMES.

ZTL3vx0.png

Well, looks like Lloyd is all alone!

RtSzKjU.png

I heal up, and Eliwood gets a bad level.

TU4FFfq.png

Serra will lure him out!

hszq2ms.png

Kinda odd palette...he poisons Serra...

FXz7Aqy.pngZYXswOa.png

But she crit one-shots him. Not who I planned to have the kill, but oh well.

Chapter over! Dialogue time!

mRcDfPy.png

Fire emblem has a reference to falconry? Huh.

CWlvkdP.png

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

G4U1Rqt.pngFRcvkLp.png

I give this lady a "Leila" on the scale of cunning plans.

frhpoH4.png

We're done!

You know, this chapter and Geitz's are very different. Wallace's chapter is funner and easier, but Geitz's is more rewarding, due to the abundance of stealables and boosted enemy levels. Not sure if that's what Klok intended.

Oh well, the next chapter is a fun one!

You guys have until when I decide to post the prelude, or sometime tomorrow, to decide who's chapter will be canon. Looks like the vote is already decided, but if anyone wants to change their mind...

You know, this chapter and Geitz's are very different. Wallace's chapter is funner and easier, but Geitz's is more rewarding, due to the abundance of stealables and boosted enemy levels. Not sure if that's what Klok intended.

Yeah, I try to make alternate levels have more meaning than just being slightly swapped positions. I try to give different rewards and challenges, etc.

I still want Geitz's chapter '3'

Edited by Klokinator

I know I would said I would post the prelude next, but really, we're fast approaching the point in the hack where things get serious. So, it's time for another...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: BONUS EPISODE 5: Stat dump 2

Yup, we gotta take inventory of our statboosters again! Let's look at all our units:

TE3Fpg1.png

Hector's doing well for himself, and he probably doesn't NEED anything, but a speedwing or talisman could certainly HELP.

9YpFMh3.png

Lyn...Should I even use an energy ring on her? Is it even worth it?

b0TjB98.png

Erk is just okay now, but he at least still has a chance to turn out great if he decides to whip out some really good levels. He could use dragonshields, but aside from that, we'll really just have to wait and see...

pjyLN0n.png

Leila's doing pretty okay for herself, although with the...unique...levels of magic classes, she'll almost certainly cap just about everything. Still, a dragonshield or robe would help her survive until then.

rYXUZT7.png

Eliwood is also doing pretty okay for himself. He might need some skill books, but he's got strength where it counts.

lUNWYIo.png

Canas, the skill-less assassin...should we give him skill books? I honestly don't know...he still has a good chance to cap everything else, though.

zLvLLpL.png

Serra is of course doing great. A dragonshield or robe is really the only thing that could make her better.

VtrztLB.png

Rath, our stimulant-man, will never want for anything. Goddess icons are the only thing we could give him that he won't almost-garaunteed cap.

yauLlIL.png

Ninian is Ninian. She still has a shot at speed and luck, and I plan on grinding her to level 20 this chapter don't really think she needs anything.

HuBENgY.png

Geitz...after experiencing thwompface...well, forget giving Erk dragonshields. This guy needs it more. Despite his awful strength, it's STILL higher than Lyn's.

sVNDz1n.png

Wil is doing absolutely fantastic. A talisman or robe is the only thing he'll need, and some goddess icons could make him REALLY amazing.

dSkqB1V.png

Priscilla. This lady is kinda magikarp power. She's slated to cap basically everything.

3fRAGSW.png

Lowen is excellently tanky, and he has basically the best shot to cap HP compared to everyone but Rath. Talismans/speedwings could help him, but he doesn't really NEED anything else.

VddjSZn.png

Remember how I said Florina was basically Lyn but worse in every way? Now, go and compare these stats to Lyn's. Yeah. Lyn slacked off while Florina worked extra-hard to make up for her deficiencies. If you guys want, I can go ahead and reward her for it.

yMGkRfl.png

Guy's still here, and as requested he has the boots. He has a shot to cap everything but RES. I don't think he needs anything, but if you guys insist on making him amazing, goddess icons are the way to go.

Enough talk, let's see what we have to work with!

WxpewM7.png

qZ39dxo.png

oXtxI2h.png

I made sure to screen everyone's inventories for this stuff, and we have:

3 angelic robes

3 energy rings

1 secret book

3 speedwings

6 goddess icons

3 dragonshields

1 talisman(dangit, I SO wish we had more!)

Well, that's it! You guys decide what we do now!

I'll add the poll, and then you guys have until the end of chapter 25 to vote.

If only merlinus could be on the final chapter.

No seriously, I tried to enable Merlinus, and my last chapter broke in the worst possible way. Everything turned into horror.

Edit: Source. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45813&view=findpost&p=3243724

...Wow. It's kinda a pity. Of course, the REAL pity is that you can't take him on the Hector Armads trial.

Also, ERROR REPORT: Turns out one of the ballistas in Geitz's chapter was actually a special IRON BALLISTA that you could use! It had an amazing 3-15 range! Not sure if there are any more...BUT NOW I HAVE TO CHECK THEM ALL...

The CHAPTER 25 PRELUDE!

y709pgy.png

TITLE DROP! The fire emblem is apparently like an insanely valuable jewel. How much would it sell for?

zkceblK.png

No! Go north instead!

efVKuQK.png

This...actually sums things up really well.

BA199Mb.png

Isn't that name already taken? By at least 3 people? And that's just counting FE7?

bxGDaWE.png

I doubt it.

X3Lek9C.png

Despite this, they have a shop and armory around, and apparently a certain mercenary knew this area well enough to track us down.

Hh9TGLr.pngccocEA3.png

And then the map scrolls around as huge amounts of mooks just pop out of nowhere.

p2QWG8e.png

You mean THEY'RE completely surrounded. BY THE EDGE OF THE MAP. THEY CAN'T ESCAPE.

H0QDDaH.png

Dangit, only 11 slots! I agonize over the setup, but decide on this. Guy is getting left out again(I'll get him in next chapter), and Geitz is being given a chance to train.

OfI6wfr.png

I start dumping my extra stuff...

1f9IfaU.png

WOAH. Teq showed this, and while Eclipse is a good weapon, this is simply too much money to pass up. I'll find some other way to beat the dragon.

NNFqtJW.png

I spend some time dumping all my stuff into inventories.

SoIUWfX.png

We do not go into this chapter hurting for cash. I have a plan that may surprise you...

moQ8W12.png

Here is Geitz inventory. I have him Lowen's delphi shield, since he'll be sitting out for this chapter.

SnwFDtl.png

Here's our setup. Now for the enemies and an explanation...

Z4h0TkC.png

Okay. So there are three forts with three separate bosses. The bottom fort with woodlands all around is guarded by a warrior boss and lots of pirates. It's the weakest fort. The top-right fort near the shops and village is guarded by a bishop boss and spawns lots of monks. It's a pretty big threat, ESPECIALLY since they basically all have shine the crit tome. The top-left fort with lots of mini forts is guarded by Pascal and spawns cavaliers. It's definitely the biggest threat. You'll see why.

Two of the three fort bosses move, and I think if you kill them the forts will stop spewing reinforcements, but I'm not actually sure.

fIy61uV.png

We are going to become very familiar with this setup.

pEwGyuP.pnghaKjjR1.png

There are a few droppables scattered around, but NONE of the mooks have any notable stealables. This chapter on the whole is really skimpy on loot.

dzNVZ4W.pngVUTaDCC.png

mHBgMXY.pngAuF3usQ.png

These are the bosses guarding the forts, and they're the only promoted mooks around. Neither of them are threatening, unless you count one berserk staff as threatening. Which I guess you probably do if you had a bad chapter 20 experience.

q1UBkyA.pngPhuNxja.png

At this point, these ORDINARY stats are no longer a threat to us. But believe me, we'll be seeing some...non ordinary...stats soon, which is why I commissioned the statboosters. The white gem gives us EVEN MORE cash.

KFJ468v.png

No dialogue starting the chapter. See you guys next time!

I personally find this chapter enoyable...but anyways...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 20: CHAPTER 25: Part 1: A Few Mooks

5bFXKRo.png

Let's get started!

rdj6r9b.png

Hector hops in the ballista and wastes no time murdering the enemy ballisticians.

y0dg3gH.png

The plan is that Lyn cuts through the mountains and easily reaches the right side of the map.

dhl8FjL.png

Geitz will accompany her.

Hp2wyEy.png

Wil with axereaver is best unit.

a3mPfXA.png

Everyone is splitting up. There's a reason the main army is going up, of course...

2tnohju.pngn3nph5F.png

Geitz has good RES, so I'll be relying on him to help kill the monks.

8tHMCje.png

None of these pirates are really a threat.

9FzP8Ig.png

Canas gets an okay level. Skill! Skill at last!

oA9aNL9.png

Honestly, there's a reason why these pirates aren't a threat. It isn't their weapons...

JQ83Aat.png

Second turn, more pirates come in over here. These ones are gonna make a beeline for the sole village, but luckily it isn't too hard to kill them.

UR23Tjs.png

There's also some cavs up here.

Q9ted7o.png

No more ballisticians.

1mPScfi.png

Agh, why does this keep happening? Oh well, at least Geitz doesn't die.

6veBSPT.png

Serra one-shotting a pirate. Just like the fighters earlier in the game!

H6udnZP.png

Erk gets a rather nice level.

p7sz0p8.png

Eliwoodxninian confirmed.

f6kspav.png

Turn 3, this bandit is already basically at the village gate. Let's kill him!

bwsHXts.png

The bottom fort didn't really put up a fight. It's almost conquered now.

w3gnQ9l.png

I bought a halberd last chapter because I didn't know when Klok would give us one, but here one is.

J8EFUh6.png

Come on, Wil! I expect better from you!

neCSJNa.png

Wow, is this seriously going to be over already?

5Og6Lcj.png

Annnnd Pascal just charges right at Wil. Don't worry too much about keeping him alive, he doesn't stop reinforcement spawns.

okAHFB9.png

He hurts...but not that much.

TyIkrc9.png

And then suddenly, FIVE NEW CAVS OUT OF NOWHERE

XxReJ9G.png

AND PIRATES TOO

And so it begins. This chapter's gimmick is that basically an overwhelming number of unpromoted generics spawn that you have to deal with. Just trying to push back the sheer numbers is kinda fun.

87ETz6I.png

Every single enemy has this setup. Together the weapons cover a 1-3 range, so the enemy will have no problems finding ways to hit without being hit back. Also, despite the massive amount of cavs coming out with spears, NONE of them have uberspears. I was crazily checking every last one that spawned on my first playthrough, but the uberspear I thought was inevitable never came.

6YmB9TG.png

Hector snaps his first ballista. I'll have him grab the other one.

fr7jmb6.png

Yoink!

QO5vwg7.png

Take him out!

IvTySNV.png

That's right Pascal.

lDXtGJh.pngAqRn1ZP.png5xncGK6.png

The guy actually survives a hit and needs to be hit again. Also, Wil gets a thwomp level.

Ocvwssw.png

The shop again reframes from selling actually good tomes. I don't take anything.

ThZh1OJ.png

The armory sells mid-level weapons, but is only useful if you're hurting for weapons of a specific type. It take some steel swords regardless.

CW09eYX.png

Dangit, Serra!

zmNBOZl.png

AGAIN?!??

FDP3SuK.png

Oh hey, promoted Rath IS considered armored.

2Ql3Uli.png

Here's this lady!

xbopHOS.png

EVEN MORE CAVS.

PwdLwoV.pngGCBMU6s.png

M1EYyHi.png

Back to Farina(and I put Wil there for comparison)...well, I'll talk more about her soon...

Jmw3G6L.png

The steel lance is best for clearing out these guys.

h6O4XAf.png

All loot confirmed! Wait, an Elysian whip? Again? Sheesh. Selling that thing.

nUOjR8c.png

Leila is heading down to the Merlinus to pick up a new staff.

LgLdWvM.png

Don't worry, I equipped Eliwood with bolting so he cou-oh, right. Crap.

These guys actually tink Eliwood. So tanky.

BVTe2Vm.png

ERRRRKKKKK!

ZAHntYI.pngAayF3aQ.png

Canas wipes out half the world. Wil and him do a good job of clearing out the cavs...if a bad job of leveling. I like the def Canas, but please cap RES!

XBVkqjQ.png

Here we go...

N855xnU.png

"Strongwings"? How original.

9DLgMtX.png

20,000 gold...I have 50,000 if we count the white gem...

mtZizaw.png

THE CHOICE IS OBVIOUS.

uFigA4e.png

YOU TELL HER HECTOR

But yeah, I'm not getting Farina. Stat-wise, she outmatches Wil in just about everything...but then you realize she's TEN LEVELS HIGHER. If you're not using Wil, or he's turned out horribly, or you want TWO dragoons, go ahead and use her, but otherwise, I really wouldn't recommend paying 20k for what's gonna be a glorified 5-item storage unit later on. Maybe if she had something useful in her inventory, like an iron rune, I'd reconsider, but nope. It's just not worth it.

3wuirUD.png

EVEN MORE CAVS? THERE'S SO MANY WE'RE GLITCHING OUT!

7vDDxKq.png

PLUS MONKS? ALL WITH CRIT TOMES?

6GU6rHM.png

Uh oh, Serra's in range...Canas and Eliwood block the bridge.

UZiFGz8.png

"Why hasn't the bishop moved down to Berserk someone?" I think. Turns out he doesn't move.

BlWRbcG.png

If we had no one reachable positioned, the monks would have begun a long march to the other fort and merged with the cav army. But we do, and they're all alone.

Za7HjmA.png

Wil can't dodge EVERY shot that heads his way.

YEp5uEd.pngGgxRUum.png

MORE monks? MORE cavs? This isn't the tiniest bit exorbitant?

c1RQs8Z.png

Pirate fort spawns just the one wave and that's it. I'm gonna have Rath take the fort...

NEXT TIME!

FARINA'S GROWTHS:

HP: 75%

Strength: 45%(-5%)

Skill: 60%(+20%)

Speed: 60%(+15%)

Defense: 10%(-15%)

Resistance: 60%(+30%)

I've already said all I need to say, but I would like to add that she has 5 defense. And isn't very likely to get more.

This chapter is one of the last real breather chapters. The difficulty and rage will ramp back up next time.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 20: CHAPTER 25: Part 2: A Few...Hundred...Mooks

Quick reminder: The main fortress is spewing out cavaliers like a chocolate fountain, the top-right fortress is spitting out monks like pegasus food, and the bottom fortress is about conquered.

Pkcwa6k.png

Rath hits the fortress dude, but not hard enough to kill him.

bkhRHEt.png

Geitz gets his first level. It has strength. That is all.

hfpM8uh.png

SERIOUSLY, Serra!

PwxknB1.png

This is what's left. We're not TOTALLY done, but still...there's nothing threatening left, if there was EVER even anything threatening on this map!

E9FE7lK.png

I'm SOOOOO scared. Rath doesn't even have a forest, seriously.

QzeLE6T.png

Geitz can't stand up to 30s.

mQhxGnZ.png

Canas can't stand up to 20s.

dKFgaJ3.png

Wil outright STANDS DOWN to 30s.

Q6XIlro.pngzv8WlVN.png

MORE monks, MORE cavs. At this point it's just a meatgrinder. If you have weak units who need training, there's plenty of chances here.

yCtIXoz.png85WZfCS.png

STIMULANT POWERED AWESOME

J70RinC.png

That's the second ballista. Which means...

nm5d7Re.png

Hector's only remaining option is to use the steel bow and KILL EVERYONE. He's back!

Wd8Pe5E.png

Erk, moralized, busts out that Halberd. DIE CAVS, DIE!

PsMdwtX.png

trxKSgX.png

Serra does a rather impressive job of dodging these steel lances, actually. I'm not sure if Erk's support gives her defense, but she is surprisingly not-paper here.

TFsPp0s.png

N-no! Get away from Leila!

He's actually the only guy that attacks her. It's kinda weird.

e8Me9L7.png

Serra dodges the last hit, even though she could have lived. That's the kind of performance we need!

zq1F6ge.png

Still more monks(if you're wondering where all the other ones went, Geitz is murdering them all but he's running out of weapons).

AoknusN.png

But no cavs? COULD IT BE TRUE?

SwI6MGt.png

Yes...

16CdmAO.pngybmMBvH.png

I've relegated both Eliwood and Leila SOLELY to staff duty. There is a good reason, although the game seems to be punishing me for it.

wBjZZCZ.png

Some speed or res would be helpful! At least get defense!

qXAWb9q.png

Hey buddy. You seem to be out of backup.

JYMh5cz.png

I send Geitz back for healing, and Lyn tanks these guys instead. This specific water spot is very good for the purpose.

dvMNSVz.png

Lyn's so weak she can't one shot monks. With the iron axe.

udGwK8S.png

WHY are you ignoring the one stat you NEED?

47Iv8Fg.png

MORE monks.

caZ0vda.png

A good level with no horrible deficiencies! FOR ONCE!

T6lcN02.png

Awww...she can't cap speed now!

tfunte5.png

Leila gets A staves.

3To3qax.png

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Osv0YY5.png

Geitz is doing a just okay job of dodging them.

1ErLOv7.png

No more monks...moo wah hah...AH HAH HAH...

fRtZNsj.png

Yup. The boss DEFINITELY doesn't move.

PKQfg9g.png

Oop!

v2hjEid.png

Hey, she actually dodged! Well, even if he had it, it would have been a minor setback.

YIfdkbX.pngKvtOdvu.png

I give Geitz a chance to shine. Here's to hoping there's actually some substance behind the flashiness...

H5DSXSC.png

Ah...all alone.

48Az9Je.png

Not like the chapter isn't over.

Dypk4XY.png

I have Hector make Farina go away so we don't have to suffer through her phase.

Apparently, if you actually do get her, some peg mooks show up. Not exactly reliable sources here, and I don't remember from my first run, but there could be extra enemies if you don't send her away!

uORKsDM.pngf8PNMcn.pngW2dsVIU.pngW4pLmWJ.png

Ninian grinds out those last few levels. She unfortunately capped neither speed nor luck.

hAkhM0U.png

Here's her final stats. They'll suffice.

ockmdtw.png

Especially with Eliwood's support!

SucyarI.png

Leila got a level healing her.

kmR5c4A.png

Erk and Serra max out.

c0WXXb4.png

Done!

Y80wwr7.png

I said so, but noooo, you just couldn't listen...

vfnokFw.png

Oh yeah, this chapter...there isn't enough time to poll you guys, and so I'll have to agonize over the decision myself...

Vote for statboosters closes early tomorrow, in all likeliness.

I think killing her also prematurely ends the chapter, so if you want xp I recommend not killing her. You can lure her out of the castle and NW so you can kill the reinforcements without getting in range, however (Geitz is good for this purpose with his high res).

I think killing her also prematurely ends the chapter, so if you want xp I recommend not killing her. You can lure her out of the castle and NW so you can kill the reinforcements without getting in range, however (Geitz is good for this purpose with his high res).

Yeah, I won't kill her.

The CHAPTER 26 PRELUDE!

For this update, I am using V1.31.2, which fixes Florina's animation problems! Hurrah!

a1thJP5.png

We resume, right as it turns out the entire last chapter was pointless!

1F6CCaC.png

We never fight in it, so we have no way to know that, Hector!

nnH97sA.png

NOT to kill!

pryRbKC.png

*castle has "amazing" defense*

*has no sentries posted*

Best defense ever.

jGmmDAJ.png

TOTALLY NOT CREEPY OR ANYTHING.

2QA0HTO.png

FORESHADOWING OOOOHHHH

Jmw66Aa.png

Yeah, that father's suck a jerk!

MZJiM9Q.png

A matchmaker, Nils is not. Of course, he's a bit too late.

D7TnQyd.png

Oh no! MOUNTAIN BISHOP!

yHxDgtB.png

Normally I would, but this isn't a "seize throne" mission...

2MJUz9G.png

Let's get sta-oh?

ziaF9Ie.png

ZAP!

1QFltsu.png

Best promotion ever. Did Klok change this? I thought the guy at least got 2 def/res...

ozSMv4k.png

Here's our team. Plenty of dudes for once! Hector and Lyn are forced up above. The only one left out is Ninian.

KXg5qBy.png

SO MUCH CASH

Well, it appears "give them to the units that need them" won out, by a pretty nice margin too! That means it's time for...

ODDLY ORGANIZED STATBOOSTER ORGY PARTY!

2OYABeY.png

mbNDbqJ.pngrkKEg5s.pngGv2aWzv.png

vnz562U.png2uXXyZd.png

9ifW8mA.png

MbMeb1v.png

tUdM1g0.png

qzyUmSJ.png

S88wrs1.png

vywUDCA.png

HRopwTn.png

aJ6HG9C.png

7pOUuGe.png

And that's all of them! The most notable part was me deciding to give Lyn all the energy rings. She has a chance...a chance to recover! Take it Lyn! PLEASE!

3NRtPr8.png

Here's our organization. Our lords are all forced up higher on the map. Let's look at the enemies...

MHDCCm6.pngUfA5vB5.pngdwriW5i.png

There's some good axes and a goddess icon! Nice! Also, there are NO stealables around. NOT A ONE.

Klok moved Vaida to the castle gate...let's take a look at her!

7I19wdn.pngbuidW8u.png

WOAH. No wonder that fox avatar person won their 0%. This lady is absolutely amazing. I'll show growths when we get her, and we probably won't be using her, but I'm not killing her anyways, because I don't really want to.

zRnQUgD.png

Did I mention she moves? And hits your starting positions? Because she does.

AjPKqD8.png

Oh, ah, remember these powermooks we fought in Thwompface's chapter?

9O3SBkn.pngKZVcs7M.png

There's a few more around this time. And plenty of reinforcements...as consolation, they use the same weird AI they use in normal FE7, which means they congregate around the castle and just sit there until the end of the chapter. If you retreat a bunch, you can avoid the main group. And if you think that's the strategy we're using...

aP11QsW.png

There's some insane guards on this village down here. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING GOOD THERE.

9sBGdXO.png

These two show up. Let's take a look...

vufdDTF.png

Oh yeah, this thing! Surely, Klok gave it an uber, awesome, AMAZING special function, right?

WRONG.

The thing still does nothing but promote Serra and Lucius(the lord not-lords). It also sells for 3,000(compared to the earth seal, using a heaven seal is cost effective), but that's it.

M6Q6Igi.png896gckh.png

Louise...well...

K9K7jdd.png

Does a comparison help? I'd honestly drop Lyn right away if it weren't for:

1: I used energy rings and robes on her

2: She's forced

I'll wait until I see growths, although I will say if this were a NORMAL Lyn this comparison would be less lopsided.

80T9NSM.pngedalLMx.png

Pent appears initially to be a good prepromote...until you see his growths.

lzQYaFT.png

Here's a quick show of Merlinus's stats. He now has 6 move, and can easily keep up with the rest of the army. TBH, I think I have a...screwed Merlinus. No, really.

PENT'S GROWTHS:

HP: 40%(-10%)

Strength: 20%(-10%)

Skill: 20%

Speed: 30%(-10%)

Defense: 25%(-5%)

Resistance: 20%(-15%)

WTH? Minuses almost across the board? Nothing better than 40%? Yeah, Pent starts off good, but he's basically never going to advance, and the enemies will quickly scale beyond his power level. Really, if you haven't used Fiora or Lucius...just go without a sword superspecialist(which is what I'm doing. No durandal for me).

LOUISE'S GROWTHS:

HP: 60%

Strength: 40%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 40%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 30%

Louise has recieved few growth buffs and is basically better than her husband in every way. She still has 13 levels, and if she's lucky she can eek out quite a few green numbers on her own. Still, not using her.

NEXT TIME: THE XP GRINDER!