TheMoniker

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forblaze!Eliwood and Rienfleche!Hector will be your primary asset against the Dragon. Armads!Rath is too slow to hit the dragon unfortunately. Tip: GIVE ELIWOOD STIMULANT TO MAKE HIM FACEWREK EVERYTHING

Thanks for the advice, but you're TOO LATE. There's a reason I didn't add Eliwood to the poll...

It's got the weapon triangle advantage and it's effective against swordsman classes.

Harken is more easily recruited, btw. He appears as an enemy and he won't be killed by the other enemies. I simply assumed that if you were moving quickly, it made sense to make the NPC recruitable appear, since that means you can easily pop over and grab him real quick.

Doesn't your Ninian have an S rank in staves yet?

Effective against all sword-using classes? Isn't that, like, 60% of all physical units, if not more? Also, Ninian only has 5 squares of rescue, even if she is S rank. Oh well... I guess MAYBE I shouldn't have killed that second captain, but, still...

I couldn't set the staff to negative WEXP, because of GBA limitations haha.

And I'm...not sure if I'm glad this is the case.

I forgot to buff Geitz's growths. Damn.

AND I WILL NEVER DEPLOY HIM AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO

Hello everyone, and welcome back to...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 22: Chapter 27: Part 2: A White Christmas

WDFb5yq.pngu45V6K6.png

In addition to the other reinforcements, there's also a Katti-carrying myrm.

JZRgblS.png

Priscilla gets defenses. She has strength capped so I can't ask for much more.

9cvahIw.png

Geitz is still using the Longsword. Once it's out of uses though, he's back to sucking.

h67mxdE.png

DANGIT FLORINA NOW YOU'VE WRECKED THE WHOLE STRATEGY

hIsgbe6.png

One shot!

5bRu1YV.png

...Dangit Serra.

Ap8lZr4.pnghTdlAww.png

Oh yeah, Wil was the guy I forgot to put on the poll! Anyways, he's nearly got speed capped!

1xa1zsu.png

Looky looky looky, Eliwood got a new palette! Blue and yellow! Very nice!

8RWu2hl.png

We've nearly got the building infiltrated! We rock!

2BllJKF.png

Strength.

GBWQDCk.png

OH COME ON *Shakes fist*

lMxtyQs.png

Wil is still considered an armored unit. You know Klok, you might as well just say its intentional so you don't have to fix it.

7kAkxzx.png

OH NO PLEASE

BoOiaw9.png

NONONONONO

ESQ9yVs.png

NOOOOOOOO

NOW WHO IS GOING TO CARRY THE TEAM

mQcVAPC.png

More reinforcements from here. Leila can't take them, she's fleeing.

AX7vs6T.pngwlEetFk.png

DIE. THERE IS NO SYMPATHY FOR YOUR KIND.

Udp92UA.png

Unless their kind becomes our kind, of course.

gGpwefg.png

Speed...

fIJqcy9.png

With proper usage of the walls, we can nip many of the threats over here in the bud!

E8GLrMI.png

STRENGTH

LJC9pjo.png

Note: This is one of the best levels Eliwood gets all chapter.

yhuVIvi.png

The enemies do NOT hit themselves. Not even once!

ClJn1Vs.png

OH THE PAIN

GkupRNZ.png

Well, it's not like there are no threats left, but we've just about won here.

MAO3NXN.png

CRIT

71pxFlp.png

These valkyries have Fimbulvetr. It is NOT as good of a tome when the enemies use it.

2p81qMA.png

SO YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD COPY SERRA'S STYLE

SNOWFLAKE ATTACK!

ZfokQzq.png

I find these guys annoying. And apparently Erk does too.

iHTtHKn.png

Priscilla!

sF4u12s.png

i8N7gmz.png

Top group: WE'RE ALMOST TO THE BOSS

Bottom group: We've almost made it inside the building!

YxEUAH8.png

Really, maybe I'm just used to Corrupt Theocracy, but a lot of my levels seemed really bad this chapter...

FVzqK7O.png

I don't know what you were expecting, idiot Valkyrie!

0hVLw4n.png

More assassins start coming, and I realize I don't remember whether or not I have these.

Dk1oeI5.png

I think she may have capped defense now, so this is almost a perfect level! Priscilla doesn't need any silly stimulants to be good!

pHS3dht.png

Geitz can one-shot things when he has 34 MT by his side.

HiDD4Lx.png

I'll take it, but work on your speed, Serra! Do you really want to be the first Lyn lord in history to not cap speed? WITH BUFFED GROWTHS?

pjBy4Ah.png

I recorded this on Christmas day, but the RNG gave no gifts.

Hpko4I9.png

See?

4NL0WgW.png

Lyn actually got some strength, at least...

lKJGCHO.png

And then the snow starts again. Might as well get everybody inside the building.

qnboZNx.png

kqor8bk.png

Well, you know what this means.

Lyn can't enter combat anymore.

BLPMZ0X.png

Leila did kind of okay for herself this chapter. Did Klok buff her growths, at least?

G2Zoy4b.png

Let's get another!

3hJ64QY.pngS9zvTwA.png

You know, using the unlock staff is actually rather satisfying...

afX5Q5w.png

cr1cPwR.png

GIVE ME THE MONEYS

skeZOj3.png

ERK IS BEAUTY

5hO0mhe.png

I think...I think this is the snow starting again. I want to defeat that archer group, but I'll shelter in the building until the weather subsides...

rejpSro.png

m8qnTAO.png

FINALLY

THE POWER IS MINE

YES

eXNyznZ.png

mUXpOFa.pngyxvjViz.pngfp6pOGf.png

The archers are taken care of.

oonWrg8.png

More importantly, we got this during the fight!

I'll wait a bit, spend some time on my NEW upcoming LP, before closing the poll...

OiyJMow.png

LEILA CAN FEEL ITS POWER COURSING THROUGH HER

THE POWER OF RESCUE

vT32c6S.png

AND NOW ELIWOOD CAN USE IT TOO

N9aQpDb.png

Heh heh...eh...foreshadowing?

aO3gAbq.png

Wait, already? Don't we not get this axe normally for several more chapters?

ZzQYO9g.png

HOLY WHAT

OH MAN

So, the Armads is another legendary. It's gimmick is INSANE POWER.

But seriously, you guys DO realize how much 35 Mt IS, right? If they're still super-effective against the dragon, then that means 70 Mt...maybe if I can get some of Nil's things going...

The only problem is...15 uses...

sdblbmK.pngbHbKMxA.png

Durandal is also insanely powerful. It would actually be really helpful if we had someone here who could use it(mage-fighter specialty), but we don't...

S4lKAYp.pngdD38NbW.png

The Sol Katti lacks raw power, but we'll have plenty of avoid points!

Now, we need to beat the boss...

jPFDkm5.png

I don't know about you, but I SO want to try this out...

mH5nu8B.png

I use my mundane utility to move Rath closer...

CAN YOU SPOT THE MISTAKE...

DCFBpUf.png9BwkTfq.png

ACCURSED 4 RANGE ATTACK

So, it should really say something about legendaries if our strongest unit, when NOT equipped with a legendary, doesn't even stand a chance. The only way to combat legendaries is more legendaries. Or at least, that's the justification for using uses on these guys...

J5XMSAu.png

This is Rath, with it equipped. 25 extra defense! Oh, and +30 HP too! We'll never get high enough to break 100, but we'll get pretty close!

zT7ZYqY.png

But it STILL isn't enough! He'll do damage, but still get facewrecked!

tyjTNaK.png

Let's try the other one...

8iReMYt.png

This one gives four statboosts instead of 3, but no HP. Serra will be delicate forever.

v4PfEvs.png

This looks better!

hIhVc7V.png

FOUR USES OF THE KATTI LATER

bdYYgIR.png

And then Erk finishes!

FXWv3FG.png

And a good level too!

4Cjgnye.png

Dangit, I should've stolen the iron rune, looking back...that's two I've missed. This may be a problem...

Also, you can get Kenneth's Luce if you have him use his whole elixir after stealing the rune. But that would take so many legendary uses it wouldn't be worth it.

Next time, I'll be doing the chapter wrap-up! See you then!

Luce is actually, in my opinion, the weakest legendary. A silver sword Serra or other sword user can easily take him out if they're a decent level. Luna would work too, lots of options in case for some stupid reason not even one of the 5 legendary lord weapon users are in your party.

You won't have such luck later in the game teehee

Luce is actually, in my opinion, the weakest legendary. A silver sword Serra or other sword user can easily take him out if they're a decent level. Luna would work too, lots of options in case for some stupid reason not even one of the 5 legendary lord weapon users are in your party.

You won't have such luck later in the game teehee

Yeah, I was so eager to try out my new toys that I didn't think to try ALL the options... anyways...

The CHAPTER 27 WRAP-UP/THE KARMIC ELIWOOD

So, some of you may remember something from last time.

I got both of my staff users to S rank and began to use the rescue staff.

The rescue staff gives XP.

It has infinite uses.

There is nothing stopping me from using it infinite times.

THEREFORE...

ULTIMATE GRIND TIME!

TqJaSR5.pngqpXbNud.pngkA3XNFk.pngs8q4r22.png3uQMy7X.pngRmpP4Yb.pnglwVy88m.png2GihcOb.pngp0rmX61.png

Ouch! Those aren't good levels Eliwood! Nine levels and you didn't get one point of speed! Well...you're ready for your SECOND promotion now! Surely that will fix EVERYTHING!

kqhgSE6.png

I'll include an update explaining T3s properly along with the mechanics update for legendaries.

For now, though, I'm the first one to have a recorded High Magus!

QiJMDwc.png

DA-DOOOOOOM

OH MAN

THAT SPRITE IS AMAZING

JLS9dk2.png

ALL the T3 promotion gains are terrible(except the CON, that's really nice). However, you don't promote for the gains! You promote for 20 more levels and legendary usage! And the awesome sprite!

ND2cM3m.pngV5icda9.png

Amazing...but not amazing enough...partially because of the bad levels! But surely, if we level more, everything will be fixed!

LET'S CONTINUE THE GRIND

NUQ7Z5B.pngjbZLTge.pngCh7PbUU.pngsgxNp6Q.pngAaD6xO9.pngYftNG9o.pngXYJXrXn.pngll52ghj.pngjE2YYI6.pngGb7xu9z.png3ADqGjt.pngvVXGvid.pngUUkIEyJ.pngi4v0E3M.pngSE35xHn.pngHkyoskp.pngSjZRJqS.png5nSkuNV.png1mIbgUN.png

I learned how to use the speed up toggle on my emulator today

7GmolhQ.png

That was...BLAGH! UGH! 20/20/20, and this is ALL the stats you could get? Oh well, I know what I'm doing with all my statboosters lategame... I mean, he could at least have capped skill! Or gotten some more RES!

I swear, this game has become self aware and is trying to punish me for abusing its nuances!

Now, a SANE person would have stopped here. But nope, I decide to do Leila too!

Iurmifo.pngQFeuu6i.png7fsrUog.pngdYsGW0d.pnguZn5YOs.png9xKDjof.pngIgFBoHt.png9UoGr1T.pngOKkh5eB.pngtqbl3V4.png

Xxpz2i4.png

You know what, I think Klok buffed her growths, because she did way better for herself than I was expecting! Eliwood has 20 levels and a promotion on her, and she beats/matches him in a few stats! Maybe I should have given HER the ultimate seal... Of course, there is the fact that there's a significant chance she might get two promotions and 60 levels and NOT CAP HP NATURALLY.

NXaIUTw.pngTjETedU.png

I guess it's time to leave!

HGgavUL.png

You might notice that Eliwood does not use his Christmas sprite in gameplay. The usage of their special sprites is actually kinda inconsistent...

3cy79M7.png

Jaffar and the Black Fang: The ULTIMATE Secret Santa. Jaffar does a covert operation involving lots of death for every gift!

xdcI8XC.png

"Last time you knocked out 32 people with the gift and then it broke. Don't let it happen again this year."

f1QlGFT.png

He doesn't have the cash to buy another gift!

8ePZKCw.png

"Ooh! A christmas card! Does it have money in it?"

UCyyVe5.png

And with that last bit of Christmas cheer...

TeQO9Ms.png

Klok should have changed some of these to Christmas-themed titles.

See you all next time for the mechanics update!

Mine did too. Did you give yours a stimulant Moniker? Might be why he's so blah.

I highly recommend giving Leila the stimulant so you have an excellent Dark Druid.

Too bad you didn't grind up Dart too, but oh well. Your next chapter that's good for rescue staff grinding is Sonia's chapter. It's unfortunate I couldn't get her a busty new sprite :(

for ken I just "smoke-bombed" eclipse leila till he had enough hp to be 1 shot but you sold that op tome so...

The game punished you for using an arena grind replacement, you've been a naughty naughty boy.

agreed. Now you have no reason to spam eilwood's new animation. shame on you

also I agree, dart would have been the better choice. oh well guess you get to see why in my LP :D

for ken I just "smoke-bombed" eclipse leila till he had enough hp to be 1 shot but you sold that op tome so...

agreed. Now you have no reason to spam eilwood's new animation. shame on you

also I agree, dart would have been the better choice. oh well guess you get to see why in my LP :D

statboosters now required :p

Too bad you didn't grind up Dart too, but oh well. Your next chapter that's good for rescue staff grinding is Sonia's chapter. It's unfortunate I couldn't get her a busty new sprite :(

Very unfortunate...

The game punished you for using an arena grind replacement, you've been a naughty naughty boy.

And now I regret my sins, but it's TOO LATE to take them back(actually I could just load a savestate but that would probably make my karma worse).

Wow, damn. That poll is crazy indecisive.

Seriously...

Okay everybody, it's time for the MECHANICS INTERLUDE! Also, since there was a tie between Serra and Leila, I'll use a number-generator thingy to decide...I'd love to hold another deathmatch tournament, but we've progressed the point in the game where that's really possible...

AND THE WINNER IS LEILA! Congratulations, Leila! You will be the best dark druid ever! ...But not for two more chapters!

Okay, so, the update:

Legendaries are the ultimate conclusion to this hack's rampant stat inflation, giving absolutely insane boosts to every single stat. Every single weapon type has at least one legendary, but most have two. Swords even have three!

There are TWO primary types of legendaries: Ordinary S-rank legendaries, and Character/class-specific legendaries. What I mean by "class-specific" is that for some legendaries(such as Forblaze for High Magus) can only be used by T3s. Because of this, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you try to have at least one of every type of T3.

Also, note that all legendaries save the uberspear, Ereshkigal, and Aureola have only 15 uses. They ALSO have effective damage against the dragon, dark druids, and wyverns(translation: Lowen is screwed).

NOTE 2: Range info MAY be outdated because the info sheet hasn't been updated properly.

HERE IS THE LEGENDARY LIST:

SWORDS:

Regal Blade(usable by anyone with an S-rank): 1-4 range, 10 MT, 10 WT, 95 hit, 20 crit

+25 HP, +20 SKL/SPD/LUCK

Durandal(usable only by promoted Lucius or Pent): 1 range, 30 MT, 15 WT, 80 hit, 15 crit

+20 HP, +5 STR, +15 SKL/SPD, +30 RES

Sol Katti(usable only by promoted Serra or Fiora): 1 range, 15 MT, 15 WT, 90 hit, 30 crit

+25 SPD/LUCK, +15 DEF/RES

LANCES:

Uberspear(usable by anyone with a lance B rank): 1-2 range, 14 MT, 5 WT, 85 hit, 0 crit, 5 uses

+35 HP, +20 STR, +25 LUCK, +10 SKL/SPD/DEF/RES

Rex hasta(usable by anyone with an S rank): 1-4 range, 15 MT, 20 WT, 75 hit, 10 crit

+30 HP, +25 SKL, +20 DEF

AXES:

Basilikos(usable by anyone with an S-rank): 1-4 range, 20 MT, 30 WT, 75 hit, 0 crit

+35 HP, +25 STR, +15 DEF/RES

Armads(usable by promoted Rath or Karla): 1 range, 20 MT, 35 WT, 90 hit, 15 crit

+30 HP, +15 STR, +10 SKL, +25 DEF

BOW:

Rienfleche(usable by anyone with an S rank): 2-5 range, 25 MT, 15 WT, 95 hit, 15 crit

+20 STR, +30 SKL, +20 SPD, +15 LUCK

ANIMA:

Excalibur(usable by anyone with an S rank): 1-4 range, 15 MT, 15 WT, 80 hit, 15 crit

+15 MAG/SKL/SPD/LUCK

Forblaze(usable by the High Magus): 1-4 range, 25 MT, 15 WT, 65 hit, 15 crit

+30 HP, +25 MAG/SKL/RES

DARK:

Gespenst(usable by anyone with an S rank): 1-4 range, 30 MT, 30 WT(more CON than its possible to have), 65 hit, 5 crit

+30 HP, +15 MAG/SKL, +25 RES

Ereshkigal(usable by the Dark Druid, and possibly by Leila as well): 1-5 range, 35 MT, 20 WT, 100 hit, 25 crit, INFINITE USES

+60 HP, +20 MAG/DEF, +10 SKL, +25 RES, +15 LUCK

NOTE: Easily the most powerful of them all.

LIGHT:

Luce(usable by anyone with an S rank): 1-4 range, 10 MT, 10 WT, 85 hit, 30 crit

+30 HP, +20 MAG/RES, +10 DEF

Aureola(usable by anyone with an S rank): 1-4 range, 25 MT, 15 WT, 80 hit, 0 crit, 30 uses

+30 HP, +15 MAG, +20 SKL, +10 SPD

NO STAVE LEGENDARIES

Maybe this update is a bit unnecessary, but I thought it would be helpful to readers in the future looking for info.

Edited by TheMoniker

Err, Excalibur has +15 MAG/SKL/SPD/LUK.

Also, pretty sure Aureola has a DEF or RES bonus. Not 100% sure on that though, but I think it gives +25 RES (You'll find out by next chapter for sure though).

Also, I'm pretty sure there's 2 or 3 S rank staves. I know Rescue and Fortify are S rank, not sure about others.

Rienfleche is brave effect too btw.

All the legendaries are 1-4 range, except Ereshkigal which is 1-5, and Rienfleche which is 2-5.

Edited by Klokinator

Err, Excalibur has +15 MAG/SKL/SPD/LUK.

Also, pretty sure Aureola has a DEF or RES bonus. Not 100% sure on that though, but I think it gives +25 RES (You'll find out by next chapter for sure though).

Also, I'm pretty sure there's 2 or 3 S rank staves. I know Rescue and Fortify are S rank, not sure about others.

Rienfleche is brave effect too btw.

All the legendaries are 1-4 range, except Ereshkigal which is 1-5, and Rienfleche which is 2-5.

It's been there for two versions nigga

Honestly I'm loling because Moniker fucked that up, despite the fact he just commented in his LP that Luce had 1-4 range XD

Hey, I just used the info that was in the changes sheet! IT'S NOT MY FAULT

Well, apparently someone fixed all the info while I wasn't looking...I'll edit the thing with the PROPER values.

The CHAPTER 28 PRELUDE:

NKwYdcc.png

"Jaffar must protect the package with his life..."

ry7nPys.png

Wait...we're trying to stop them from delivering the gift...then that means WE'RE the ones ruining Christmas!

t9IL1pT.png0mOMzj9.png

"Our two christmas ninjas approach the target..."

ywl8obv.png

"They must make sure they have the right gift..."

3MpaLiD.png9iSeChk.pngak63P5O.png

Nino: "I hope we have the right one..."

aIl1rOK.png

Zephiel: "A very large sugarplum."

XkxEsnd.png

Nino: "BUT WAIT"

En9ts3b.png2UXBNpe.png

Nino: "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, JAFFAR?"

CUN4RMw.png

Nino: is a SMALL sugarplum! We got the WRONG GIFT!"

MDyCWiR.png

Nino: "I can't give him a gift he doesn't want!"

k8PdaTB.png

Jaffar: "Do you think the store's still open at this hour?"

C71DgM4.pngKmsLHYR.png

Nino: "It's your fault! You weren't thoughful enough when you gave your gift! AND IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!"

IXZTX81.pngwrt1Z63.png

QAIJYej.png

Ursula: "The only solution is MURDER"

cnvIgJ4.png

Jaffar: "Head for the nearest K-Mart. IT'S THE ONLY HOPE."

jPhm3yB.png

Grinchwood arrives on scene!

v4NroDK.png

Well, we gotta stop this gift-mission gone wrong!

Okay, I'll cut out the Christmas talk. This chapter is one of the hardest chapters in the game. HERE'S TO HOPING I DO WELL!

PoJWh9R.png

Here's our team. I've left out a few people, as no weaklings are allowed here(except Lowen, he needs some love).

RLEofcT.pngRPICGgq.png

You know, I heard someone say they though Anima was underpowered, and I can kinda see why now.

lAwsGFm.png

Here is Eliwood's inventory. He's going to be Mr. Staff Utility for a little while. I brought the sleep because I thought I might need it(and I will).

xUpTzBd.png

Well, it won't take effect for a while, but we got it.

0REgeEB.png

Here's our position...

I bet you're wondering how it looks without the fog...

F20axFD.png

BIG thanks to Tequila for this awesome map!

Although, looking at it now...I think I missed the stimulant...dang!

p1R3G6M.pngCE9fQ8J.pngcG8eR2u.png

Here's Jaffar. He's pretty good, and he has no less than three uberspears. Of course, they only have 15 uses total, so we'll want to get to him fast or risk him running out and being helpless.

7ZxVx7z.pngbytJqc3.pngO9XwQRP.png

Nino is no longer a level 6 mage, but compared to our units she is a bit underleveled. I'll wait to pass judgement until I fetch the growths...

zMVuSP5.pngjRegX9W.pngkRQkzo9.png

Maxime is over here, wielding the Rex Hasta(note: Some pictures taken after chapter start). You'll want to stay out of his range, but it's not exactly instant death if you don't.

Honestly, lance users get kinda screwed in the legendaries department. This is ALL THEY HAVE, and it really isn't that amazing! Poor Wil...

s5I2Ql5.pngILTWh83.pngsMcgIEZ.png

Zephiel is over here. He's in hilariously insane amounts of danger, naturally. And that regal blade won't last forever.

Well, let's see how many times I die!

JAFFAR'S GROWTHS:

HP: 50%(-15%)

Strength: 100%(+85%)

Skill: 25%(-15%)

Speed: 25%(-10%)

Defense: 80%(+50%)

Resistance: 15%(-15%)

I'm not sure if Jaffar's growths are actually weird or just a case of really crippling overspecialization. I...think I'll stick with guy. A unit with neither strength nor defense is entirely useless, but strength and defense alone doth not a unit make either.

NINO'S GROWTHS:

HP: 127%(+72%)

Strength: 127%(+72%)

Skill: 105%(+50%)

Speed: 110%(+50%)

Defense: 127%(+112%)

Resistance: 105%(+55%)

TOTAL GROWTHS: 701 FRICKIN' PERCENT

WHAT

SERIOUSLY

So, Nino makes Lowen completely worthless forever. And ever. I am using her SO HARD. I was worried because I thought I wouldn't be able to give her the stimulant, but now I see that she DOESN'T NEED IT.

This chapter is gonna be great.

Rex Hasta is objectively the best of all legendary physical weapons. It's no good VS the dragon, but it's easy to get lots of them, and that 110 hitrate plus 25 SKL bonus means it will never miss. The DEF boost also makes you basically immortal.

Jaffar is your last crutch DEF tank, that's all he's good for. Specialize him in bows though, and you'll have a crazy good Rienfleche user. He does compete with Karla but ehhh...