The League of Legends Season 4 World Championships begin now.

Raven

[spoiler=2014 Worlds theme "Warriors," by Imagine Dragons.]

[spoiler=Live stream: Preview Show, games from groups A and B.]

Twitch live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Just ignore the madlibs thing if you're gonna watch the preview show. They've confirmed they're not going anywhere near that shit again.

Edited by Raven

The problem with pumping out 20 champions a year was the fact that there's already 121 champions, and that right now is a good number.

Also there's nothing you can really do about certain champs being flavour of the month. As nerfs and buffs happen, champions fall in and out of favour. Even if it wasn't one champion, it would definitely be another champion. So IMO there's no point in complaining about such things.

The pro players are obviously going to pick the champions that give them the edge to win, because winning is what it's about.

There are obvious characters that stay out of the nerf and buff cycle which I was (sarcastically) complaining about, sure they might get one every 10 months but they aren't exactly going anywhere with it. Special mention goes to Sion, Malphite, Zilean, Galio, Mordekaiser and Brand.

I stopped playing around March after playing since the release of Shen though so I'm out of the loop, gameplay got stale and I stopped being in contact with my friends. Admittedly I was mildly excited when people started running bruisers at bottom and rotating when top got pushed

Edited by Alb

Tristana is a hotly contested ADC, Hardly anyone uses Caitlyn, Lucian is still picked but not half as much as before thanks to nerfs, Twitch and Corki are also used a lot, and Jinx in certain team compositions that can keep her safe.

Anyway the first 2 games of today have come and gone. Just gonna copy things from Reddit because why type it out?

Group A: Edward Gaming (China) vs Samsung White (South Korea)

Winner: Samsung White

99372ef2c6.png

4dbb58efd8.png

Group B: Team SoloMid (North America) vs SK Gaming (Europe)

Winner: Team SoloMid

a28803251f.png

4e99f1b4dc.png

Edited by Raven

Also more on the tournament format and prize pool:

Format
16 TeamsThree teams from NA, EU, Korea, and ChinaTwo teams from Taiwan or SEATwo global wild cardsThe teams are divided into 4 groups of 4Top two teams of each group advance to the Bracket Stage.

Prize Pool
2,130,000 USD (Approximately 1,594,443 EUR) is spread among the teams as follows:

0969fdedd9.png

Edited by Raven