Dragoncat's art thread: 5/20/15: Pokey mons(bug, dark, dragon)

Dragoncat

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

zlcfzti6e_k_d0hawn_by_rubydragoncat-d8ml

I have no idea how people pull off those elaborate miiverse drawings! Probably on wii u...which I unfortunately STILL don't have.

Let's see how many yeahs this gets...thing between them is supposed to be a beast/dragon stone btw.

• 2 weeks later...

hoothoot_noctowl_variations_by_rubydrago

Great Horned: This variety lives mainly in mountainous forests. Great horned hoothoots/noctowls are strong and hardy creatures, making them ideal for pokemon battling.

Barn: As their name suggests, barn hoothoots/noctowls are often found living in barns. They tend to be shy and reclusive around humans despite this. Farmers value them because they help control pests such as rattatas/raticates.

Screech: These hoothoots/noctowls are often found in rough terrain areas and deserts. They are fierce battlers, but hard to tame, so it's uncommon to see a trainer with this variety.

Spotted: A forest dwelling variety with a calm temperament. They are often kept by bird keeper trainers who want something more exotic, yet still loyal and well behaved.

Snowy: Found in the colder areas of the world, snowy hoothoots/noctowls are rarely seen by humans and rarely caught by trainers. Folklore suggests that seeing one means the coming winter will be harsh.

Great Gray: This variety is often found in higher altitude areas, mountain ranges etc. They are powerful in pokemon battles, but hard to find and even harder to capture.

Yep! Guardians of Gahoole familiarized me with lots of different kinds of owls. I picked the most well known ones for this. Thought about including sooty, which is like barn owls except an ashy gray color, and my favorite for some reason...but I decided to limit to 6.

Ah, makes sense that you picked the owl Pokemon to use then. :)

If I did this, I'd obviously be going with the Ponyta line due to my love of horses and extensive knowledge on the different colorings and markings horses can have. Palomino, chestnut, dapple gray, paint (this one is even further divided into two more colorings, piebald and skewbald), and others are example of colorings. Stars, blazes, stripes, dorsal stripes, stockings, and socks are examples of markings they can have.

Edited by Anacybele

That's a good idea. OR you can do the different breeds of horses. Throughobred, clydesdale etc. I can see clydesdale ponytas/rapidashes having extra flames near their hooves like irl, clydesdales have those extra big and fluffy feet.

Yeah, the clydesales/shire horses have hair on their ankles called feathers. I actually don't know why they're called that, but they are. And this is probably where Brom's "horsefeathers" remark comes from. lol

I don't know if I'll do this for real though, there are other things I want to draw as well. I've had this one idea in mind thanks to the Awakening Beach DLC... The notable DoD girls clad in swimsuits, with their men looking at them like "wow" with Ranulf drooling a bit over Kiara just like he does the first time he sees her. XD

But yeah, this variation of Ponyta/Rapidash thing is definitely something I'll consider doing in the future!

Yeah, but Brom is a farmer, and in areas like that, I reckon they use horses like clydesdales and shires to do heavy work like pull wagons of supplies and all.

And yeah, the five girls I'll be drawing in that piece are Azura, Elincia, Faline, Leona, and Kiara. Then each of their men, Leyon, Ike, Bryan, Marc, and Ranulf, respectively, will just be smitten all over again. lol

Speaking of pairings, I need to draw an Ike x Elincia wedding pic someday too. It's not going to be as detail heavy as the Frederick x Kelli one, but yeah.

OMG you're including Kiara in that pic? Why can't I get the mental image of a cat in a bikini out of my head? Lol! Likely, NOT shifted. Why is my mind so messed up -_-

True, but he would still know what a pegasus is. But I did think that before I knew/you told me what their floofy feet were called.

refsheet__leo_fire_emblem_oc__by_rubydra

I owed him one! I've only been drawing his sis for awhile...shouldn't have to explain the update title. For when I update again:

4/2/15: The "lion" finally gets his time in the spotlight

There it is again so people don't wonder.

I just didn't get it until I clicked the thread and saw the character you posted. :P

And no, I changed my avatar because I decided I really liked Ike in Codename Steam style, not because of people's complaints about my shirtless Ike mug sprite.

Edited by Anacybele