In rememberence of 9/11...

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

I dedicate this topic in remembrance what struck in NY Twin Tower which have triggered many international attentions of all over the world as well as many griefs, sorrow and lost for those who fell victims of this tragedy in the history of America. About 3000(including the Perpetrator) were killed during that day. I was 11 years old when I heard this news and I didn't know better of what was going on. But to the people who are very close to their lost ones including friends or acquaintance's. I am forever sorry for your lost...

I, too was your age when it had occurred. The Principal had told it over the intercom to the whole school just as class started in 5th grade.

I don't know how to feel, I can't really relate to anyone as none of my relatives or close friends were lost that day. Many of my aunts and uncles work relatively near there. (China Town, Manhattan has a clear view of all the buildings near the Twin Towers and such.) I suppose only financially they suffered for not being able to work for a while.

It's also a weird feeling knowing such a tragic event happened rather close, Manhattan is only a 15-20 minute drive away.

There was a discussion like this in Health Class today, it turns out one of my classmates actually witnessed the second plane colliding into the building. I don't know what went through his mind when it occurred, his dad was just at the building a day before the tragedy delivering and his aunt is a bus driver that goes around the area. Thankfully they both took a day off.

Edited by Wil

I was extremly lucky to have not lost anyone, but I live about an hour away from the city (If traffic is good of course.) so it was an eye opener for sure. I didn't really realize what was going on either, but I think that was when I lost that 'Childhood innocence'. Though in retrospect, I'm kinda glad to be without it.

I do know a few people who lost a family member then though, so my heart goes out to them.

*Bows head in silence.*

*Goes back to FFtF to throw roses and act happy-go-lucky again to cheer people up.*

Heres how it was for me(and my entire class)

We go to class(6th graders)

The TV is on

We're like "YES A MOVIE!!!!!"

teacher goes "No bad guys flew a plane into a building and now you all have to go home"

we go "AWESOME"

teachers go "NO PPL DIED!"

We go "Oh that sucks......."

the end since we were mere 12 year olds.

This was when I was in the fourth grade. We came to school and did something for an hour, then all the teachers were huddled around the TV and said we were all being sent home. I asked my grandma what happened and she said the towers were hit. I didn't understand what had happened.

Heres how it was for me(and my entire class)

We go to class(6th graders)

The TV is on

We're like "YES A MOVIE!!!!!"

teacher goes "No bad guys flew a plane into a building and now you all have to go home"

we go "AWESOME"

teachers go "NO PPL DIED!"

We go "Oh that sucks......."

the end since we were mere 12 year olds.

That's both bad and good.

I was in third and they turned on the TV, and we wrote a paragraph on it

It was a real hassle in my case. I was in sixth grade when it happened. Kids were being sent home without any explanation except a few whispers going around, which were twisted around and eventually turned into "aliens have attacked the white house" among others. Then all of the students were let out together. When I finally got home my mom had to explain what happened, which freaked me out because my dad worked in the Pentagon. It wasn't until later that I learned he worked from home that day.

I was 14, a freshman in high school on this day and boy do i remember it happening. Someone from in my neighborhood, his father was on the second plane. I can still remember all those cars and vans at the guys house

*remembers that tragic day and the people who died*

My teachers tried to hide it from us. They had an 'emergency lockdown drill' and we were all like: 'WTF?' Of course, eventually it leaked out that two planes crashed into the twin towers. The way the rumor spread it sounded like it was an accident and it was like tourist planes. Of course when we all got home and saw the news, we sorta realized that it was something pretty hardcore.

Damn teachers trying to keep shit from us.

My teachers tried to hide it from us. They had an 'emergency lockdown drill' and we were all like: 'WTF?' Of course, eventually it leaked out that two planes crashed into the twin towers. The way the rumor spread it sounded like it was an accident and it was like tourist planes. Of course when we all got home and saw the news, we sorta realized that it was something pretty hardcore.

Wow your teachers are freaking stupid. Why would you try to hide it if you're gonna find out anyways?

Wow your teachers are freaking stupid. Why would you try to hide it if you're gonna find out anyways?

Because they're a bunch of hippie: "We have to keep the children innocent! Children are the future!" morons.

They did that to us too. They made us take recess inside saying it was gonna rain and when someone was gonna leave they talked to him in private.

We never got to go home, my school was extremely serious about.

@Ninji:Even though I loved my 3rd grade teacher, you're probably right lol.

It was a school in LA so I guess the teachers thought "They are bound to see shit in their life anyway, and they NEED to know about this."

I was 11 years old when I heard this news and I didn't know better of what was going on. But to the people who are very close to their lost ones including friends or acquaintance's. I am forever sorry for your lost...

I was younger, I think and I also didn't understand it much.

I don't remember how my teachers were. All I remember was watching it on the news (and since I was so little, I was amazed, not terrified, at the sight).

time for a moment of silence

I got sent home early, and nobody said anything. I was relatively happy until I saw the news, then the rest of the day felt weird. I'm not terribly proud of it, but I always felt a bit detached from this kind of intense sadness it brings most everybody else.

Respect for the people who it directly affected, though.

Edited by Mac

I got sent home early, and nobody said anything. I was relatively happy until I saw the news, then the rest of the day felt weird. I'm not terribly proud of it, but I always felt a bit detached from this kind of intense sadness it brings most everybody else.

Respect for the people who it directly affected, though.

This is how I feel. Don't the rest of you hate on me if I seem indifferent... but I was just a kid when it happened.

My great-grandfather was alive at the time, I was 12. I got into his house at about 6.30pm, and the news of the towers was on the 6pm BBC news. He told me he thought it was an action film playing, until the announcer's voice spoke out about it. Pretty damn crazy. Although, I had never even heard of the World Trade Centre until then.

I remember when I first heard the news. I was around 12 years-old when it had happen. Basically, I was in my social studies class and the teacher was ready to get the lesson plain over with when the principal came on the intercom. She informed us about the planes crashing into the buildings and into the Pentagon. Many of us were confused about what had happen because we never heard of the Twin Tower.

Our teacher explained to us further details of what were the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were and their importance to the country.

I am kind of affected by this tragic event. My uncle was almost killed in the Pentagon. He was going to deliver papers to somebody in his office but had stop to talk with somebody. He and the guy he was talking to felt a powerful shacking and an explosion. They ran to see what happen and saw their area on fire. It's been a while and my memory's a bit vague on the full details but I'm glad that he's safe. My heart goes out to those who lost a love one during the attacks.