Smash Records!

Anacybele

Since I can't play with anyone right now, I've been exploring the different modes of Smash 3DS and decided to ask about everyone's records/high scores. :3

Tell us your best distance in Home Run Contest, high score in Target Blast, how many opponents you defeated in the unlimited Multi-Man Smash, etc. Here are mine so far.

Home Run Contest: 2,149.9 ft. (it helps that I use a certain strong blue-haired mercenary. ^^)

Target Blast: 205,090

3-Minute Smash: 95 KOs

Rival Smash: 53 KOs

Endless Smash: 102 KOs

Cruel Smash: 1 KO (Yeah, I was never good at this one. lol)

As of now:

Home Run Contest: 2,607.6 with Yoshi.

Target Blast: 273,610 with Ness. (I find this weird because I didn't even hit all the red targets, even though I did with Yoshi)

3-Minute Smash: 110 with Zero Suit Samus.

Rival Smash: 53 with Zero Suit Samus.

Endless Smash: 277 with Ike.

Cruel Smash: 2 with Ike.

I'll definitely be improving at least my Home run contest scores in the future.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I actually just broke my Home Run and Target Blast records lol. Now I have 2,445.2 ft in the former (with Ike again) and I don't remember my new Target Smash score atm, but I'll edit this post when I do check it.

Still messing around with various characters, and haven't hit all the unlocks yet. . .that being said. . .

Home-Run Contest: 2,332.0 (Ike)

Current goal is to break 2,000 with all characters (and I'm having a hell of a time doing this with Robin, of all people)

EDIT: And then Ganondorf appeared.

Home-Run Contest: 3,319.2 (Ganondorf)

(Ike's score is now about ~2600)

Edited by eclipse

Home Run Contest: 2,775.9 ft. (Shulk)

Target Blast: 247,990 (Ike)

The rest after was just me playing around and unlocking the challenge pieces since I wanted to get Flat Zone 2.

3-Minute Smash: 85 KOs (Ike)

Rival Smash: 41 KOs (Little Mac)

Endless Smash: 0 KOs (Jigglypuff)

Cruel Smash: 0 KOs (Kirby)

Now the rest of the scores...

All Star Mode (Hard): 2,968,200 (Ike)

Classic Mode (Intensity 9.0): 730,700 (Marth)

Edited by Linkmstr

Home Run Contest: 2,767 ft. (Peach)

Target Blast: 121,570 (Zero Suit Samus)

3-Minute Smash: 121 KOs (Zelda)

Rival Smash: 73 KOs (Zelda)

Endless Smash: 15 KOs (Zelda)

Cruel Smash: 3 KOs (Zelda)

Looking back, I used a lot of Zelda! She works well, though. Don't tell me she's worst tier.

Finally got some good target records in HRC:

Ganondorf: 4030.8 (I have no idea how Lord Raven got over 5k, but if I ever find out how I'll be sure to give it a shot)

Ike: 3009.1 - Saved the replay, too.

Zelda: 2589.8 - I can probably improve this one.

Captain Falcon - 2524.9

Those along with my Yoshi are the ones I have over 2500. Took me over an hour to get Ike over 3000.

I also managed 4 Cruel Smash KOs with Shulk.

Forward Smash with Ganondorf 2 or 3 times until the sandbag is behind you (i think it's after 3 times) and then ftilt like mad behind you (so really back-tilt) followed by a reverse warlock punch. I don't have good reflexes but I think I could've gone even further.

EDIT: holy shit the guy above me beat me to it

and yeah I hit 4 cruel smash KOs with Lucina, a huge mix of grabbing off the edge (homeboys dont try to recover at all) and spamming fsmash when a group got close. I got like 3 with Ike but I'm not patient enough to keep using Aether off the edge. I always get one kill with Ike consistently (run left and just grab them and throw them off the edge) but the other 3 + the one that spawns are crazy ridiculous.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, my record with Ganondorf is now 6546.5. And it was a lot easier than what I was doing before.

I had tried using the Warlock Punch before, but what I didn't know was that it's the reverse Warlock Punch that sends the bag to the moon.

Were you just spamming dair?

No, I was actually doing something really similar to the video, but ended up using the bat because (as I just edited into my last post) I'd tried using Warlock Punch and it didn't go as far, so I thought the punch had been nerfed in this game or something.

I now have this bad feeling that my Ike record is going to be annihilated by someone using some combination of stuff that's not even hard to pull off.

Oh yeah, the way it's worked in every smash brothers from my understanding is that certain moves are better to use than the bat after a certain % threshold. I'd say if you were at like 80% or 90% then Warlock Punch probably doesn't work nearly as effectively, but at these ridiculous percentages it's not only faster but I'm pretty sure it sends it further. I don't think Ike has any such move unless his Fsmash is as explosive as Warlock punch, but his tilts are a little laggy (or send things too far upwards) for a similar strategy to work. I have no idea, i'd have to try it, I honestly only did HRC so I could get one of the challenges unlocked but now i'm curious... just give me an hour to get home lol

For instance, in Melee, you'd ordinarily charge Flare Blade with Roy but it's not as effective as the bat until you get past like ~40% damage on sandbag (and most basic Roy strategies have you beating this threshold pretty decently). And there's also a special 41% Flare Blade that takes it even further if you're beyond like 80% or 90%, but it's not as good as the regular 50% Flare Blade if you're below it.

Edited by Lord Raven

The quest for 2,000+ continues!

Biggest pains in the asses (so far): Peach, Yoshi, Shiek

Easiest: Bowser, Ganondorf, Rosalina

Most amusing: Link, Toon Link, Diddy Kong

The 2,500 club is pretty boring (basically everyone you'd expect to be in there, minus Charizard/Falcon because I haven't gotten around to improving them). . .so have the 2,300 club instead!

Wario: 2,309.3

Diddy: 2,368.4

Target Smash: 738,120 (Villager)

clipsey: are you short hop-dairing with Yoshi?

Red Fox: That's dumb that they didn't give Lucario a lot of damage for it, because they gave Olimar all purple Pikmin didn't they?

Fox: I. . .might have figured something out for Lucario (he's next, after Pikachu and Fox basically destroyed HRC).

Raven: Looks like I used mostly FSmash, with one short hop-dair (my timing in the air is pretty bad).

EDIT: For Lucario, I started with FSmash, then ran up and alternated between DSmash and FSmash until the punching bag flew away from the wall, then used the running A to get it out of my way while grabbing the bat, then forward A to put the bag opposite of where the bat was, and finally a last-minute swing. EVERYTHING must be perfect, or Lucario will miss. This net me a bit over 1900. Currently experimenting with his air attacks (and have a hell of a time landing them, because he doesn't immediately jump after his USmash. . .or perhaps I'm doing it wrong).

Edited by eclipse

Here's what I have so far..

Home Run Contest: 5,557.4 (Ganondorf)

Target Blast: 231,900 (Yoshi)

3-Minute Smash: 123 (Rosalina & Luma)

Rival Smash: 71 (Rosalina & Luma)

Endless Smash: 217 (Rosalina & Luma)

Cruel Smash: 11 (Kirby)

LUCARIO DONE.

Alright, his damage output is so bad that throwing the damn bat is a viable option. . .but I suck at throwing, so I did this instead:

1. Pick up bat.

2. SMACK THE BAG. It doesn't matter if it's a sweet spot, the bag won't break the glass.

3. Throw the bat as soon as the bag is low enough.

4. Throw the bat three more times.

5. Get a couple of jabs with the bat in.

6. SMACK THE BAG for the win.

Oh, and Megaman was a pain to pull off (had to partially adapt the Lucario strategy when the game decided that it was tired of me using DSmashes).

LUCARIO DONE.

Alright, his damage output is so bad that throwing the damn bat is a viable option. . .but I suck at throwing, so I did this instead:

1. Pick up bat.

2. SMACK THE BAG. It doesn't matter if it's a sweet spot, the bag won't break the glass.

3. Throw the bat as soon as the bag is low enough.

4. Throw the bat three more times.

5. Get a couple of jabs with the bat in.

6. SMACK THE BAG for the win.

Oh, and Megaman was a pain to pull off (had to partially adapt the Lucario strategy when the game decided that it was tired of me using DSmashes).

Ha, wish I'd thought of that idea, especially since I knew smashing it at 0% wouldn't break the barrier and did a lot of damage. I guess the two concepts just didn't connect in my mind. But thanks, I used it and managed to get Lucario over that 2k mark with the rest of the cast.

I don't remember how I did Megaman, but I do remember him being one of the more problematic ones. I didn't bat smack, though.