Music Tracks

solrocknroll

Alright, this series has some amazing music, what's some of your favorites?

Some of mine:
N's Castle Medley

Magicant/Eight Melodies

Smiles and Tears

Gaur Plains

AIRMAN STAGE OMG AMAZING

Shadow Dragon Medley

Mega Man 2 Retro Medley

Vs. Marx

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley

Pac-Man Park/Block Plaza

Some Songs I hope are on the Wii U version of Smash 4:
Satorl Marsh - Night

Divine Decree - Ablaze

Distant Tundra

Boss Theme - Pikmin 3

What I'm Made Of

All Hail Shadow

Forest/Nature Area (Amazing Mirror)

C.R.O.W.N.E.D.

an Orange Star Medley would be nice, maybe mixing Andy, Nell, and Jake's themes.

Likewise, on the Club Nintendo page, they confirmed 4 songs on the song list for the CD:
Battle 1 - Fire Emblem Gaiden

Xenoblade Chronicles Medley

Title - Metroid

The Great Cave Offensive

I'm happy beyond words that Id-Purpose is in the game.

Also, any and all of the original music from Kirby's Dream Land. I had that game when I was, like, five, and I didn't even remember that I remembered a lot of those songs. Nostalgia incarnate.

Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme has been my favorite ever since I first heard it in Brawl, so I'm disappointed that it's not in Smash 3DS. :(

I mean, I know it's from a home console game (Radiant Dawn), but Ike himself is still around! He needs his awesome theme music!

Are we only talking about the new Smash game? I've only listened to a few songs but I really like the Mega Man medley they got going and the Pokemon X/Y Battle Theme remix. Now overall, Shin Onigashima from Brawl was bitchin'. Also their remix of Lip's Theme from Panel de Pon was awesome as well.

They touched my nostalgia nerve when I heard that the Smash Bros 64 character select is the post-victory theme/results screen theme though. That put a smile on my face.

I personally felt as if some of the remixes were quite poorly done compared to Brawl's quality- Go ahead, compare Brawl's Shadow Dragon Medley with 4's Paper Mario Medley, and then compare both to the original songs in them. SD got a massive quality jump, was completely re-orchestrated, and sounds epic. PM... Sounds like they just pasted the originals together with no transitions, without even taking into account whether the songs fit well together. It's kind of offensive. The "remix" of Id (Purpose) is also just a shorter version of the original- absolutely nothing new, just a cut-and-paste job

The selection of songs compared to Brawl is also puny. I get that 3ds game cards are smaller than the Wii's DL discs, but most of Brawl was taken up with pre-rendered cutscenes anyway. Would it kill them to put a few more tracks in the game? Seriously, FE has three. I think Kid Icarus might be the only series that's better represented than in Brawl, excluding ones that are new to Smash.

I also don't think the sound test interface is as nice as Brawl's (odd, because you'd think it would be a bigger feature on a portable game), but that's not very important.

The Mega Man 2 medley is very nice, though, and I like both songs from Little Mac's stage (though one isn't a remix).

My favorite new songs are:

• Menu (Melee): Ver. 2
  • Mega Man 2 Medley
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
  • Gear Getaway
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Air Man Stage
  • Classic: Final Results

SSB4 Wii U will definitely have a more extensive selection of songs than the 3DS game, since it is bringing back the My Music option from Brawl. Hopefully this includes a lot more new arrangements as well as more original songs. My most-wanted song for Wii U is Champion (Ablaze) from FEA. It's perfectly upbeat and catchy for Smash, and it represents both the Awakening characters and Ike, whose FE9 theme is arranged in it. I was disappointed when it didn't make the 3DS version, since it would have fit Arena Ferox perfectly, but hopefully the Wii U game will utilize it. I'm also thrilled to hear that there is going to be an arranged Xenoblade medley, since XC has one of the greatest soundtracks in all of gaming. The last song I'm really hoping for is an arrangement of the Team Plasma battle music. Team Flare is cool and all, but Plasma had such an exciting theme.

My faves:

N's Castle Medley

Battle! Trainer (Pokemon X and Y)

Dark Pit's Theme

Id Purpose

Wrath of the Reset Bomb

Mii Plaza

Spark Man Stage

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley

Master Hand

Credits (Smash Bros.) Version 2

Corneria

The Legendary Air Machine

Save the World, Heroes!

Pac-Man

Jogging/Countdown Theme

Menu (Melee) Version 2

I actually like a lot of the tracks, even though a significant portion of the soundtrack are originals from the original games or from Melee/Brawl.