Something I don't understand about the manaketes in this game.

Dragoncat

And that is more likely than Panne becoming pregnant how...?

I never said it was more likely. I meant that if she does, the kid will be only half taguel.

*insert spouse here* and Velvet/Panne being like what rabbits are known for.

You don't know it yet, but the Taguel will overrun the capital and Iris/Ylisse will be taken over by bunny overlords.

Not to mention the horrifying implications that the only way they'd continue their species (without diluting taguel blood into obscurity) is with inbreeding on levels rivaling Charles II of Spain, but the original plan in the future was to take down Grima with the aid of Yarne's army of brothers and sisters.

Yes I realize I could've gone without mentioning the inbreeding at all, I just felt the need to mention it.

I never said it was more likely. I meant that if she does, the kid will be only half taguel.

Which is exactly what Yarne is. ._.

But he can still shapeshift.

Yes, but that doesn't mean (s)he's a pure-blooded taguel, nor does it mean (s)he's just appearing like Morgan is supposed to. We don't know the effects of being only half-taguel or half-manakete. It could affect absolutely nothing with regards to taguel transformation. So really, I don't even understand the argument you're trying to make here.

Look, I'm all for having headcanons, but not all headcanons are good headcanons. "Yarne (and Morgan) are adopted" are not, in my honest opinion, good headcanons. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. If there were another group of taguel that they could have come from living somewhere on the continent, well, Panne would probably already know about them... and so would the regular humans who killed Panne's brethren. Honestly, those taguels would have been killed or discovered by someone else before Panne could have found them.

I guess I should provide another example, yeah? Here's one possible headcanon:

Validar's skin is gray because he's an alien

Well... that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. It's kinda silly, don't you think? By contrast, here's another possible headcanon:

Validar's skin turned gray from the dark magic he uses

See, isn't that a lot more logical? Dark Magic is, after all, known to have some pretty serious effects on its user. The skin thing could just be another one of those side-effects.

Now, what would make more sense as a headcanon than yours would be examples of what their half-human, half-taguel heritage means for them. Does it affect their strength in their taguel form? Does it affect how long they can transform for? I don't know, but it makes more sense than them being adopted.

Technically I think Validar's skin is green. But anyway...

There's a line Nah says in a Scramble that might throw another spanner in the works here:

Nah
Yes! But I'm a manakete, so I grow slower. I mean, we've been over this before. We live far, far longer than humans, but that means we don't look our age at all...

Morgan
And this slower growth—does it apply to your mental age as well as your body? I mean, are you psychologically younger than a human of the same age?

Nah
Rrrgh... Yes. That's why I didn't want to say anything...

Morgan
Why not?

Nah
Because I don't want to be patronized! My mother always looked like a young girl, and in some ways she still was, mentally. So I heard no one ever treated her as an equal. She was always just a kid to them!

This is the closest Awakening ever gets to discussing how Manaketes age. Seeing as it would be kind of a major species handicap if their young were dependent on their parents for 1-2,000 years after being born, and given that conversation, it's a fair bet that Manaketes don't mature the same way as humans with time dilation added, they have a fundamentally different pattern. So pretty much anything goes.

Obviously, they're capable of reproduction starting on the same timeline as humans (Nah is able to be Morgan's mother). In terms of physical growth, I'd guess they grow at a semi-human rate until around 10, don't change from that until around 1,000, and from there it's a roughly 1:100 scale. To be perfectly clear, this is all inferred and the devs probably never considered it, but it's a model that works for all the Manaketes present in Awakening so I'm willing to go with it.

As for how reproduction is physically possible, transformations could be involved- all of Awakening's Manaketes use the same full-size model. This raises a few questions for Nah (see her supports with Nowi, she isn't able to use the Dragonstone for extended periods without getting exhausted), but is preferable to the alternative.

/thread

They could just be REALLY good at hiding though. And she does discover them quite easily too.

That still doesn't explain Morgan.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Good find, Yoshi...and it makes sense, but...transforming to breed? So Nowi got preggers and switched forms and laid an egg? o_o

Morgan's only a taguel if the player wants her to be. I would disregard that...and not call it headcanon. But that's just me.

Morgan's only a taguel if the player wants her to be. I would disregard that...and not call it headcanon. But that's just me.

What? Do you mean by "the player wants her to be" that you decide if you marry Panne and therewith father a child (which would disprove your theory, because her existence is depended on the fact that you're banging Panne) or if you use Second Seals? Because the latter one is only a game mechanic and Taguel!Morgan, Manakete!Morgan and Nah don't change their race when they get a new class. They just get different sprites (and Morgan doesn't get another portrait because IS was lazy).

What? Do you mean by "the player wants her to be" that you decide if you marry Panne and therewith father a child (which would disprove your theory, because her existence is depended on the fact that you're banging Panne) or if you use Second Seals? Because the latter one is only a game mechanic and Taguel!Morgan, Manakete!Morgan and Nah don't change their race when they get a new class. They just get different sprites (and Morgan doesn't get another portrait because IS was lazy).

Yeah I meant that the player decides to marry her. But second seals work too I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

and now for something unrelated

am I the only person who noticed that nah is the fire emblem equivalent of harry potter

both of her parents are dead and sent her to live with an abusive family and when she grows up she decides that she wants to become a great mage like her parents