It seems UDON is interested in translation the Fire Emblem Awakening artbook

Just a heads up, because why not. Kinda surprised I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on here. (Maybe it has? I haven't been around the Awakening section much recently)

Udon is a company who has translated artbooks before, and a post on Neogaf says they're interested in translating Awakenings Artbook. (Reading around, this is apparently Ash Paulsen's, an editor at UDON, Neogaf account) Though, he does mention it seems to be more of a licensing issue than an interest one.

While I am not generally one to say these things, the aftermentioned post does mention to contact the company on their facebook and twitter and show interst.

I know the Neogaf post is kinda old, so I contacted their FaceBook, and I actually did get a pretty positive response, I only sent the message about an hour ago and got a response quickly.

We've definitely heard a lot of fan interest in the Fire Emblem art books and are looking into them for sure

But they also said they were unable to provide any news on it at the moment... of course. (Which is actually a better response than I expected to get...) Though someone with a better understanding of PR speak feel free to interpret this.

In an unrelated note, I was not aware they translated a Breath of Fire artbook, I am going to go order that now.

Edited by L95

Nice, I hope they manage to snag the rights.

I actually e-mailed them about this yonks ago (a year ago, to be precise) and got a similar message.

Thanks for the support, and for your suggestion of the Fire Emblem art book. We've heard from a number of fans about this title, and it's something we are certainly looking in to, but there's nothing specific we can comment on yet!

So I wouldn't read too much into the e-mail. The NeoGAF post is a different matter though, assuming it's from an UDON staff.

Edited by VincentASM