Ideal StreetPass Shop

Terrador

StreetPass is a thing, and I'm sure many of us get a fair few tags, right? So I was thinking--why not set up the best possible StreetPass shop? Here's the setup Lumi, Refa, and I whipped up tonight, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for change. Items that can't be purchased through SpotPass are prioritized, but many don't know how to do that, so I've included other staples of things that aren't available early and are generally very clutch. Any item marked with a cross is forged to +5 Mt/+15 Hit. to save postgamers money on forging if they have the Silver Card. Sadly, there really isn't any ridonkulous staple in D generic tomes, and forged Elwind hits like a beast until you have the rank for Superior Jolt, so that's one hole I don't think it's possible to completely patch.

Here's what I've got, and why:

Swords (5):

Levin Sword (C-rank, relatively high Mt, and 1-2 range; MAGNIFICENT for Avatar and any mage going into a sword class)

Brave Sword+ (A postgame staple for Silver Card cheese)

Armorslayer (high Mt for D-rank; solid utility early and late)

Superior Edge (unique utility, high power, hard to find)

Wyrmslayer (high Mt for D-rank; solid utility throughout the game)

Lances (4):

Spear (Best 1-2 range I can provide; a staple)

Brave Lance+ (again, a staple)

Beast Killer (D-rank cannon that can be forged for AMAZING midgame)

Superior Lance (unique utility, high power, hard to find)

Axes (5):

Tomahawk (Best 1-2 range I can provide; a staple)

Brave Axe+ (much staple!)

Hammer (D-rank power and effectiveness. Still good!)

Volant Axe (not so much good on its own, but effective weapons are gud! Shiny tile only, so it got bumped.)

Superior Axe (c'mon, it's amazing. Silver minus five Hit and plus a Breaker? YAS. Shiny tile only, too.)

Bows (5):

Superior Bow (It's like a markedly better Silver! Who wouldn't, and shiny only!!)

Longbow (Limited availability and fantastic utility)

Underdog Bow (D-rank crutch with situational fun)
Brave Bow+ (The Staple)

Blessed Bow (Provides additional survival on Lunatic+, and shiny tile only)

Tomes (6):

Waste+ (Brave weapons are gr9, and this is kinda hard to find?)

Mire+ (SIEGE, and only available without SpotPass by C21 Anna. How can I not?)

Aversa's Night+ (Best tome in the game, and shiny tile only. Of COURSE this had to be here)

Nosferatu (Another, weaker/affordable AN, and comes earlier, and has D-rank power to boot in Dark Mage)

Celica's Gale+ (staple Brave, SpotPass/shiny tile only)

Superior Jolt (Muscletome with a Breaker skill; Hit's kinda rough, but it's still excellent)

Staves (5):

Physic (Somewhat hard to snag early, and FANTASTIC.)

Catharsis (Stronger Physic, and shiny only. Must-have)

Fortify (Best healing staff, only available from Anna and SpotPass)

Rescue (Sure, there's some of it relatively early, but it's JUST TOO GOOD to not have, especially for earlygamers)

Hammerne (Rare item only, preserves forges and regalia!!)

Stones (2):

Beaststone+ (mostly to make ingame smoother, turning Panne into an earlygame freight train)

Dragonstone+ (Again, this makes ingame MUCH easier if you have Nowi, making her good earlier and letting her pull her weight more)

Stat-Boosters (9):

Angelic Robe (I am Goz)

Energy Drop (and I am Mez)

Spirit Dust (und ve)

Secret Book (are here)

Speedwings (to)

Goddess Icon (pump)

Dracoshield (you)

Talisman (up!)

Arms Scroll (*HIGH-FIVE*)

Other Items (9):

Master Seal (EVERYONE wants these earlygame!)

Second Seal (As above, but straight through the game)

Tiki's Tear (Great tonic only available by Shiny tile)

Gaius's Confect (Great tonic only available by shiny tile)

Kris's Confect (Great tonic only available by shiny tile)

Master Key (You might have lost Gaius, and know that Bullion's coming...!)

Rift Door (You can't just respawn a shop this awesome all the time!)

Reeking Box (Lotsa people grind this way for some reason)

Elixir (For ingamers who don't have access to it yet, this can save lives)

If you have any suggestions for things you would absolutely hope for from a StreetPass team, holler at me! In addition, if you think you have awesome StreetPass sales, go ahead and post what you sell!

Edited by Terrador

Blessed Lance isn't half as good as Blessed Bow, because bows are legend in Lunatic+ and the +10 HP/turn is underwhelming in any other mode.

As for Killers--I was tempted, but Refa dissuaded me. You already get various useful and high-power C-rank (and lower) weapons, and by Chapter 5 you already have a Killing Edge and Killer Lance. They really don't do much--crits are pretty, sure, but critical optimization is very, very difficult in FE:A, and there are much better strategies. You can get similar MT out of the lower-rank options, and even with a Killer, crit rates are at a record low in this title.

As for the skill weapons, they can't be purchased from a StreetPass team. Incidentally, that's why I haven't offered Naga's Tear, Boots, or any regalia or DLC items.

I'd take out the Reeking box -- it's still just as expensive on harder difficulties.

A lot of the weapons can be taken out simply because they can be bought from Spotpass teams. If anything, replace the Brave weapons with their forged counterparts so those who have the Silver Card can actually save costs on getting forged weapons. (+5 Mt, +15 Hit is a common one; +3 Mt, +25 Hit is very common amongst Streetpass teams; maxed crit on Killer weapons; etc.)

I'd take out the Reeking box -- it's still just as expensive on harder difficulties.

A lot of the weapons can be taken out simply because they can be bought from Spotpass teams. If anything, replace the Brave weapons with their forged counterparts so those who have the Silver Card can actually save costs on getting forged weapons. (+5 Mt, +15 Hit is a common one; +3 Mt, +25 Hit is very common amongst Streetpass teams; maxed crit on Killer weapons; etc.)

I never realized that workaround existed!

And note, this exists for both casuals and serious players; casuals mightn't know SpotPass half as well as we do. Otherwise, half of these items would be gone and we'd be swimming in Tonics and forges. The Braves, including Aversa's Night, I might replace with their forged versions, as they get eaten up a ton on Apotheosis, etc., but the rest I'll probably leave as-is.

And for the Reeking Box: point, but people seem to like buying them, and they're cheap enough that the pile of Normalscrubs who don't have DLC will appreciate the chance to grind

Another consideration is adding Pure Water and/or the Ward Staff -- a LOT of the units, especially male first gen. ones have rather crappy resistance. Also, neither item can be found on Spotpass teams.

If this is more of a scrub-friendly team, that's cool, but it's not going to be "ideal".

I personally keep two Streetpass teams- one for ingame (Seals, HP tonic, Rescue etc) and one for postgame (tons of CGs, Spirit Dust etc).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Other items of consideration: Shockstick -- only lance weapon in the game that deals magic damage (though it's somewhat of a joke since it's locked to 1-range for some reason) and can only be found on event tiles; and Bolt Axe -- only axe weapon that deals magic damage (can be obtained from L'Arachel's team and Infinite Regalia) and can attack at 1-2 range.

Edited by Roflolxp54

If this is more of a scrub-friendly team, that's cool, but it's not going to be "ideal".

I personally keep two Streetpass teams- one for ingame (Seals, HP tonic, Rescue etc) and one for postgame (tons of CGs, Spirit Dust etc).

CGs?

And yeah, "Ideal" may have been a bit much. I'm trying to serve the needs of as many players as possible, trying to carry everyone's most-needed items.

Celica's Gale.

Bolt Axes are pretty bad ingame actually thanks to being B weapons. They're obviously intended for War Monks/Clerics so they can make use of their Mag stat, but B is just too high for them to be functional. Once you're there, you'll be ready to move to another class.

Non-exclusives

Levin Sword - You can't batch purchase it until Para.23 cleared. You need it very much on all-cap grinding.

Javelin - You can't batch purchase it until Para.2 / Ch.7. You need it very much on all-cap grinding.

Hand Axe - Same as Javelin.

Rescue - You can't purchase it until Ch.12. You need it very much on all-cap grinding.

Forged Weapons - It costs a little bit less than your own forge cost.

Others please go exclusives.

Edited by MelonGx

...what's this "all-cap grinding" you speak of? Really doesn't seem like the end-all be-all criterion, as most teams I run into don't have anyone with anything capped. Plus, if you know enough that you're grinding up to caps, you can SpotPass purchase all of those things barring Rescue, which is already on the list.

Edited by Terrador

I believe he means getting your internal stats high enough that you'll have all stats capped no matter what class you're in- which involves going through the class with the biggest difference between their base and cap for each stat and capping in it.

It's kind of pointless, but still something you could fit under a 100% definition, and therefore might be worth taking into consideration.

Now, I have no idea why you'd want to do that before Cht.7 (unless you're doing a post-Cht.4 clear of Apo, but what are the odds you're going to Streetpass even one person who's grinding for that at the moment?), so I'd like some elaboration too. Also, you can't buy in bulk from Streetpass teams either- they're really no faster than Spotpass, so the argument that you'd stock them for convenience makes no sense.