Comic Book Characters Thread.

MacLovin

Bored and sleepy.

Let's make a thread dedicated to the silliest things.

We know Captain AMERICA, how about

captain_britain-solo.jpg

Captain Britain

(Insert comment about Shin.)

49366.jpg?v=1\

Major Mapleleaf

(He's so Canadian, he shits poutine and politely argues with polar bears while fighting Nazis with a Moose-Antler sword.

and

gah1.jpg

Anyone seen this show?

Starman and the Punisher are pretty grand if I must be honest.

James Robinson is generally worth reading.

Also, Guardian isn't the premiere Canadian superhero. That's Wolverine. [Or Captain Canuck.]

Edited by Groot

I've heard his run on Justice League wasn't so great, but I've also heard reports to the contrary.

Oh, and Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are the greatest Flash and Green Lantern ever.

Also, Guardian isn't the premiere Canadian superhero. That's Wolverine. [Or Captain Canuck.]

I know, but if you want an overtly Canadian superhero

what better than a dude with the canadian flag as a motif to his costume?

I've heard his run on Justice League wasn't so great, but I've also heard reports to the contrary.

Oh, and Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are the greatest Flash and Green Lantern ever.

I love you for this

I'm probobly the only guy who grew up reading golden age comics, and the silver to bronze age stories like All Star Squadron and Invaders and the crisis between worlds.

Also, they had the best Atom, Hawkman, Spectre, Wonder Woman, and Sandman. I felt sad when Wesley Dodds died, since I read that in the trade collection when I was like 9.

I cried when I found and read an original copy of the End of the Justice Society event from '86, and the America vs the JSA mini-series from the early 80s.

I've read some of James Robinson's current All-New Invaders. It's pretty good, and features his little habit of inserting obscure golden age heroes that the company owns.

and with AXIS coming up, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I felt there wasn't enough on some golden age characters

idk there's just this presence to them that feels weird, but in a good way. I loved the JSA and All star squadron comic's

especially ones retconning reason's for stuff popping up during the silver age. Like Crimson Avenger and Sandman suddenly getting spandex costumes even though there suits, hat's and domino mask look was always superior

I always liked Johnny Thunder for some reason if we're talking about the golden age

Roy Thomas was trying to integrate the actual artistic changes in real time, from what I've read on him.

Besides, who couldn't laugh along with the concept of Air-Wave and that sidekick of his back in the 40's.