SF's Valkyrie Profile Discussion Thread

Garland Chaos

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say CotP is bad?

Extremely barebones tactics RPG, story is bland, characters are poor, forgettable music (in a series known for great soundtracks). Very easy and broken, but all VP games are fairly easy to break, so it's not really a slight against it in comparison. It's just way easier to break than even VP2.

Bad voice acting too, possibly worse than VP1, but at least VP1 has the excuse of being made in a time where VAing in videogames was still a developing art. I think Lenneth's VAing is better though.

Edited by Tangerine

what happened to him in VP2?

Two words: Time travel.

Bad voice acting too, possibly worse than VP1, but at least VP1 has the excuse of being made in a time where VAing in videogames was still a developing art. I think Lenneth's VAing is better though.

Oi! VP1's dub is the best thing, ill fite you! Voice Actors from Pokemanz and Slayers! VP1-Lezard was the best voiced Lezard. The only legit really bad VA going on in there was Loki. VP!Loki, you had one job...

I'm honestly torn between Kashell and Grey. Don't get me wrong, Arngrim is a badass, through and through, but the other two are so much better in my opinion.

Eh, I'll probably just pick Kashell. I like Grey's design and concept a lot more, but he's not very good statistically. His attacks are kinda cool though.

"ICICLE DISASTER!!!"

Grey really sucks tho. Send him to Valhalla or he warms the bench. No one is as bad as Badrach though. Even Hel didnt want him. Lenneth totally lied there.

Best Team: Bow!Valkyrie, Lawfer with Crimson Edge, Kashell with Icicle or Glare Sword, Mystina with Unicorn's Horn. Spam spam spam spam spam~ Good bye, Bloodbane, spam!

"ICICLE DISASTER!!!"

Grey really sucks tho. Send him to Valhalla or he warms the bench. No one is as bad as Badrach though. Even Hel didnt want him. Lenneth totally lied there.

I actually have a soft spot for both Grey AND Badrach. Shame they censored the hell out of the latter, though.

I actually have a soft spot for both Grey AND Badrach. Shame they censored the hell out of the latter, though.

Yeah cuz smoking isnt cool, yo. They kept in his profanity, which i found interesting. So, you can curse all the way through the Nine Worlds, but smoking means nope? Ok, censors...whatever.

Yeah cuz smoking isnt cool, yo. They kept in his profanity, which i found interesting. So, you can curse all the way through the Nine Worlds, but smoking means nope? Ok, censors...whatever.

Not to mention they kept in the...interesting conversations between Lezard and Mystina, yet Badrach's smoking is naughty, naughty.

Lezard and Mysty's convos were actually really important for big plot reasons. Censoring them would be dumb, so they went with the mighty T rating.

They could've kept in Badrach's smoking and it still would've been T-rated.

Plus, the Japanese Sphere Strike animation is much more badass.

Arngrim is far and away the best of the three. Grey is kind of interesting to use because one of his attacks is partially unblockable, although his PWS is pretty bad. I never managed to find any redeeming qualities for Kashell. His attacks always seemed awkward, and his PWS is barely better than Grey's.

Arngrim >>> Grey > Kashell imo

Arngrim is far and away the best of the three. Grey is kind of interesting to use because one of his attacks is partially unblockable, although his PWS is pretty bad. I never managed to find any redeeming qualities for Kashell. His attacks always seemed awkward, and his PWS is barely better than Grey's.

Arngrim >>> Grey > Kashell imo

Musashi knows what's up.

Two words: Time travel.

Oi! VP1's dub is the best thing, ill fite you! Voice Actors from Pokemanz and Slayers! VP1-Lezard was the best voiced Lezard. The only legit really bad VA going on in there was Loki. VP!Loki, you had one job...

Wasn't Arngrim, Lawfer, and a few others voiced by Meowth's voice actor from the Pokemon anime, Maddie Blaustein?

Woah woah woah. Kashell's attacks do nice damage and his Soul Crush is better than Grey's, but Grey has no damage at all. The only thing Grey has is that his attacks are nice, but you can just attack with a mage to make sure the enemy doesn't block. Grey is surely the worst of them all (sadly).

VP1 Lezard voice is trash. Just like most of the voices in VP1. Liam O'Brien does a much better job in VP2.

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight

Woah woah woah. Kashell's attacks do nice damage and his Soul Crush is better than Grey's, but Grey has no damage at all. The only thing Grey has is that his attacks are nice, but you can just attack with a mage to make sure the enemy doesn't block. Grey is surely the worst of them all (sadly).

Shame, since I actually have a big soft spot for Grey.

I've always had a hard time comboing Kashell's attacks, but that could just be me. Kashell's PWS may be better than Grey's, but it's still pretty bad, especially when you consider that one of its three hits can actually miss.

If Grey is the worst character, then Kashell is maybe half a step ahead of him. :\

The voice actor is nice, but the way she did Lezard's voice is just bad. A lot of the voice acting in VP1 is very forced, has bad pitch/tone/etc., slow, and has a lot of pauses. The acting in VP2 is much better and fluid (except Farant's/Zunde's voice).

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight