Mewtwo Confirmed! (Smash Direct)

Esme

Great that it is back, but it needs significant buffing. Overall this hopefully means we get more character dlc.

Yeah, Mewtwo does need buffing. It's too early to judge, but from what I saw in the direct his tail is larger in comparison to his body than it was in Melee (More range on U-Tilt, D-Tilt, F-Tilt, U-Air, B-Air), so that would help. The team this time around has done a good job of making everyone viable, so I think Mewtwo will get the same treatment.

Edited by Shulk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NoE tweet seems to suggest that Mewtwo will be free for people who buy the 3DS and Wii U version during a promo period, but that Mewtwo will be buyable by conventional means for everyone else. It would be colossally stupid for Nintendo to force people to buy a game for a system they might not already have just for one character. Plus there might be households with multiple copies of the 3DS but only one console, and that just would not be cool if only one person could have Mewtwo.

Said tweet: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

The language is slightly ambiguous, I admit, but it still seems like he will be for sale by conventional means due to the whole "promotional period" bit.

You. You are correct. I cannot imagine how anyone came to any other conclusion than this. The picture of Mewtwo standing with the Smash 3DS logo under it, is pretty damn obvious that he will be available on both versions. Im not sure about if you register both versions, if you get him for both versions. Thats the only thing im unclear on, but im sure they'll announce whats up when his release draws near.

Mewtwo is back as DLC, huh? 8U If Roy and Ice Climbers come back by some miracle, I'll pray so hard for Majora's Mask Link (Young Link) to come back too. M-Maybe his moveset can be modified so he's not a Link and Toony clone. 8U; I really miss him okay.

Also bring back Lucas as DLC, I'd pay any price. Yes, that is all.

Mewtwo is back as DLC, huh? 8U If Roy and Ice Climbers come back by some miracle, I'll pray so hard for Majora's Mask Link (Young Link) to come back too. M-Maybe his moveset can be modified so he's not a Link and Toony clone. 8U; I really miss him okay.

Also bring back Lucas as DLC, I'd pay any price. Yes, that is all.

Ice Climbers ain't happening due to technical issues. Old hat by now.

And don't say they'd be Wii U only because then people would lose their shit that they're not on the 3DS.