• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

don't lose your way primsicott

also I'm replaying PPE again. why am I doing this. I didn't ask for this.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

J, I'll volunteer~

Prims, have fun!

Regarding You Grow Bigger, you shouldn't even be near any of the blue kunai at all. Just stream the swords through paths that are clear of the kunai. This becomes a lot easier if you decide to employ the trick of quickly backing out after you successfully stream some swords, allowing you to increase the total distance that you are able to stream before being forced to change direction.

MarisaB is a nice shot and does great at racking up lives. Her focused shot is also really strong, so yeah, you should be fine.

Marisa B is great it's like I'm really playing Great Fairy Wars. I can't believe I ever used Marisa in games where she didn't have a katamari.

still don't get blue knives + fast gray knives card and it usually takes off anywhere from two bombs to a life depending on how stupid I am at the moment

It's over.

VnBnxd9.jpg

time to go visit raiko HAHAHAHA who am i kidding i probably couldn't even beat pcb extra right now

one of these days though...

http://prims.getonpictochat.com/FuckMyLife.rpy

this is probably super bad since I was playing at 9 in the morning running on no sleep whatsoever and spammed katamari over and over (imagine having to actually dodge the walls in stage 4 lmao I swear that shit's harder than 5), but here's the replay if anybody wants to watch and give me pointers. I wanna hear from Junko the shmup elitist

be sure to look out for my amazing strat for boss Seija's final spellcard.

DDC is pretty cool, too bad everybody but Seija and Shinmyoumaru are effective stage 1-2 bosses and will probably never show up again. I love Shinmyoumaru though, her boss fight is super cool aside from the survival card which is just not fun. but since I like her character it's probably my favorite Touhou final boss fight since Okuu. Byakuren and Miko are majestic and all but DDC stage 6 is to the point, some naive kid in a bowl just shows up and throws needles at you really fast. also her theme rules

if I try it it'll be much later. for now since I'm tryna get back into these games I'm gonna just attempt to 1CC all the windows games (except eosd and pofv) on normal, will probably shoot for PCB or 10Ds next depending on how terrible it turns out I am now. IN if very much so!!!!

too archaic for me and I'd feel lame using the hitbox patch (if I was gonna play eosd with a patch it'd be patching out sakuya's mugshot anyway)

btw proto what do you mean by backing out in you grow bigger? if you have a replay in spell practice that'd probably help, not that I'm clamoring to play that card again any time soon but it bugs me I have no idea how to dodge it. also still don't get the knife card before it asdgfkjdh

DDC Normal's patterns aren't even that bad outside of Shining Needle Sword, You Get Bigger, and whatever Seija's last spell is called.

And that's on top of getting resources like candy.

Really beyond the couple of attacks that can be annoying it's not hard. And you can just bombspam those, because again, you get resources like candy.

i wouldn't call the tsukomo sisters easy, or anything on stage 4 easy really

stage 4 is harder than 5 for me lol

maybe that'd change at full alertness though

Benben is annoying with some of her curvy lasers, but Yatsuhashi isn't that threatening

And again, if you have trouble, the game gives you a lot of bombs to use on trouble areas.

DDC Normal's patterns aren't even that bad outside of Shining Needle Sword, You Get Bigger, and whatever Seija's last spell is called.

And that's on top of getting resources like candy.

Really beyond the couple of attacks that can be annoying it's not hard. And you can just bombspam those, because again, you get resources like candy.

I agree, but that's not advice you give people getting into Touhou. :V

"it's not that hard" is awful advice.

I agree, but that's not advice you give people getting into Touhou. :V

"it's not that hard" is awful advice.

I guess

Still, saying this as someone who's well aware they aren't good at Touhou. DDC Normal really shouldn't give this much trouble if you can handle other normals, which seemed to be the case.

Oh, then definitely.

Hell, I 1cced DDC Hard three times in a row with SakuyaA, who I feel is kind of a game breaker. But then again, I have plenty of experience with the games on Hard, while DDC Normal for newcomers is probably quite tough.

I've played Touhou for years, just on and off so I never really got any good lol

idk maybe the sisters just feel tougher than they should be because I'm rusty. stuff like the bouncing yellow notes is hard for me to read though.

Sakuya A in DDC is ridiculous.

Marisa B to an extent as well.

Though both suffer from You Get Bigger disjoints.

If you're a newcomer, yeah, DDC Normal can be hard. But I really didn't get the vibe "I'm new to this" from Prims posts, the way he worded them made it seem like DDC Normal was the most troublesome Normal to him (even though compared to other Normals it's quite tame.)