• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Mamizou is on route 128. Such BS, why is she late game.

Also, are the types just renamed or is it more than that. And is Mamizou nature type

in PPE I think she's at the island you can only get to once you beat Red at Mt. Silver (which is evil now).

Either that or the cave between Johto/Sinnoh.

The types are all new for the most part, although if you look at the weak/res chart you'll see they have similarities to actual types (Dream-fighting, Wind-Elec, Nature-Grass, reason-psychic, etc.).

also Ghost and Dark can't hit each other now.

So I've gotten around to listening to some of the music suggestions you guys posted, and my fav's so far is the Grimoire of Alice and UN Owen one, Aya's theme is sweet too. I'm still slowly listening to more of em and thanks for the suggestions.

I swear spellcards get easier after you die once on them wtf

in EoSD and PCB, this is actually true because they use a hidden Rank system! If you play anywhere near good enough to be on par for a 1cc, you should almost constantly be on MAX Rank unless you let every item ever drop off-screen - however, dying decreases your Rank by 16, essentially cutting bullet density (and to a lesser extent, speed) in half for a while.

...okay, now that's just evil beyond words

I aim to please. ♥

Malice Cannon is legit and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I agree. Not only is it not that strong anyway, it also destroys your score as a consequence because you'll mess up your phantom gauge by constantly switching characters, so as far as I'm concerned, it's fair.

I don't know if there's anything more demoralizing than a run being ruined by a little slip-up on the same card thrice

That spellcard being the final spellcard in the game, while it already is close to 0 HP? :newyears:

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33033

I didn't think I would clear it this run.

Congrats!

Is there an English patch for DDC?

Not an independent patch like there is for the other games, but there exists a translation using thcrap. thcrap is actually pretty neat, it does these things automatically for you once it's set up and keeps the translations up-to-date, so it's likely that this will be your go-to for translations of future Touhou games as well.

I don't remember the exact steps off-hand, but the wiki that has thcrap also has detailed instructions on how to set it up correctly. It's not difficult, you basically just need to point it to where the executable of each game on your system is. xD

btw, 7.2% slowdown

do not want

It seems I get lag when I focus or use bombs :s

DDC has significantly higher system requirements than previous entries in the series, so it's not too surprising to get slowdown when you bomb. Heck, even I get momentary slowdown (enough to have 0.4% overall) when I use SakuyaB's bomb while there are a lot of bullets on-screen (primarily in the Extra Stage or on Lunatic), and my PC is pretty good. xD

DDC has significantly higher system requirements than previous entries in the series, so it's not too surprising to get slowdown when you bomb. Heck, even I get momentary slowdown (enough to have 0.4% overall) when I use SakuyaB's bomb while there are a lot of bullets on-screen (primarily in the Extra Stage or on Lunatic), and my PC is pretty good. xD

I better see what I can do to reduce the lag to bearable amounts then

in other news I touched EoSD again and managed to get to Stage 5 boss this time :o using all continues avaliable, of course

actually, when it comes to EoSD Stage 4, it was more of a matter of skill, I actually got my eyes tired when playing it, so actually getting to stage 5 in it is quite something :o

i just gotta be more careful since I got close to the time limit in some spells in this run :/

considering maybe using ReimuB for this one

in PPE I think she's at the island you can only get to once you beat Red at Mt. Silver (which is evil now).

Either that or the cave between Johto/Sinnoh.

The types are all new for the most part, although if you look at the weak/res chart you'll see they have similarities to actual types (Dream-fighting, Wind-Elec, Nature-Grass, reason-psychic, etc.).

also Ghost and Dark can't hit each other now.

I have Touhoumon Emerald, luckily you can find her earlier in the Safari Zone(in the same area with Byakuren too). But I hate the Safari Zone. 'Wanna catch me? Too bad! I'm out! -flees-'

Yeah, I've noticed that about the chart, also the evolution levels must be stupid, my team are all level 23 and no one has evolved.

I would've 1cced IN with Reimu team if I didn't die like 3 times on Marisa.

This is why I can't have nice things.

I would've 1cced IN with Reimu team if I didn't die like 3 times on Marisa.

This is why I can't have nice things.

but I thought you liked marisa

Prove it by beating the ever loving crap out of her