• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Also, Fera, did you seriously just suggest that TD!Youmu murders bosses? Yes, at full power, her slash can reach the other side of the screen, but it's incredibly weak (considering the time spent on charging) and difficult to maintain when you're busy trying to dodge.

If you hit with at least half the slashes (not terribly difficult to do when you're not busy camping at the bottom of the screen), Youmu actually does murder bosses pretty hard. Faster than Reimu does, anyway, and Reimu in this game disposes of bosses fairly quickly!

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I'm at a point in Touhoumon Emerald where I can evolve Sanae into her normal form(faith/wind, defense), technical(faith/nature, speed) or her power form(faith/water, special attack). I have no clue, and I'm sure Flannery still uses fire types.

Like, help

Can someone explain TD for me? @_@

TD in a nutshell:

- Kill enemies as quickly as possible. Prioritize killing an enemy that just spawned over killing one that has already been on-screen for a while.

- Sit as close to bosses as possible without needlessly endangering yourself. Sit right on top of bosses while bombing or using trance.

- Spam trance. Preferably when there are a lot of green and especially purple spirits on-screen, but spamming it against bosses instead works, too. Basically, against bosses, use trance like you would bombs.

- Don't die.

- Win.

Also, Marisa in this game sucks.

Spirits appear when you kill enemies (the quicker you kill them, the more spirits they drop) or shoot bosses (the closer you are to the boss, the more spirits will appear).

- Blue spirits are the most basic type of spirit. They slightly increase the value of point items and slowly fill your trance gauge.

- Black spirits are an improved version of blue ones and mostly appear when you manage to spawn a lot of blue ones in short succession. In addition to increasing the value of point items, they also act like a point item collected at full value and will fill your trance gauge a lot more quickly than blue ones.

- Green and purple spirits are only dropped by certain predetermined enemies and after bosses' spellcards. Rather than giving you points, green spirits will give you a bomb piece, whereas purple spirits will give you a life piece. They also fill your trance gauge as much as blue spirits (that is, not very much).

The more spirits you collect, the more the flames of your trance gauge will fill up.

Once at least one flame is completely full, you will automatically enter trance if you die. However, you still lose a life afterwards, so avoid doing that.

Once all three flames are completely full, you can also enter trance manually by pressing C at any point. This will give you the full 10 seconds of trance and you will not lose a life afterwards.

Regardless of how you enter trance, your trance gauge will be completely empty afterwards.

During trance, you are invincible and deal a lot more damage. Additionally, Reimu will draw all spirits on-screen towards her for the duration of the trance, and Marisa will have vastly increased movement speed.

Spirits collected during trance are also a lot more valuable:

- Blue and black spirits are worth 10 times as much when collected during trance.

- Green and purple spirits are only worth twice as much as usual when collected during trance, but that's still a notable improvement.

Edited by Scarlet

PCB hard is just ridiculous TAT

losing many lifes on stage 3-4 and lost a credit when facing youmu

only lose 2-3 live on stage 6 tho :p

Edited by just an ordinary slacker

I 1CC'd PCB on normal, in my excitment I closed it out, thinking I minimized it just to tell my friends. Welp. I also 1CC'd MoF on easy, but that isn't anything to write home about.

I'm at a point in Touhoumon Emerald where I can evolve Sanae into her normal form(faith/wind, defense), technical(faith/nature, speed) or her power form(faith/water, special attack). I have no clue, and I'm sure Flannery still uses fire types.

Like, help

Oooh.

Attack Sanae is tanky, but TSanae is like a generic Special Sweeper.

Personally I'd go with Attack at this point. Double res to Fire.

PCB hard is just ridiculous TAT

losing many lifes on stage 3-4 and lost a credit when facing youmu

only lose 2-3 live on stage 6 tho :p

imo PCB Hard actually isn't that much harder than PCB Normal. The only big difference is Youmu and one of Alice's spellcards, really.

it had so much buff in stage 4 (i lost frickin 4 live just from the stage itself)

strangely, yuyuko didnt change THAT much, but yea, youmu hard is hard =A=

To pull it off, you need to have MarisaB between 3.00 and 3.95 power, which is easy with bombing.

Of course, this glitch is too over powered, so that's why MarisaB is only allowed with the Vsync patch applied