• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

They're alright, I don't really have a preference.

Although they're all difficult to fight, honestly.

I see.

Also you're probably right, Emerald. Sakuya DOES get a lot of love. A ton of love, actually.

I heard fans cried bloody murder when they found out she wouldn't be in TD.

So I'm the only one that likes Lyrica the best from the Prismrivers?

I like Sakuya, but I won't deny that she's overrated. Luna Dial is also one of my top five favorite Touhou boss themes.

I remember lyrica is the red one and is thus the best one

the other two escape me so I don't care as much about them, though I can sometimes remember lunasa

merlin is the least remembered because damn if I can remember some arthurian old fart's name

As much as I love Sakuya, I dislike her rabid fans who bitch about her not being a Touhou game. What I hate even more is when fandom portray her being jealous of another Touhou character getting in over her.

As much as I love Sakuya, I dislike her rabid fans who bitch about her not being a Touhou game. What I hate even more is when fandom portray her being jealous of another Touhou character getting in over her.

Seems more funny, really. It's not like they're picketing in front of ZUN's house or anything.

They're cool, but they cause too many deaths in Stage 4 for me...

Rejoice, for some of their spellcards are arguably easier in Hard Mode than in Normal Mode! :newyears:

Rejoice, for some of their spellcards are arguably easier in Hard Mode than in Normal Mode! :newyears:

Um, I think Kalas-chan is doing Normal Mode. It's Puku-chan that's trying Hard Mode...

Um, I think Kalas-chan is doing Normal Mode. It's Puku-chan that's trying Hard Mode...

I know, but this way he has something to look forward to when he starts doing Hard Mode. :newyears:

I know, but this way he has something to look forward to when he starts doing Hard Mode. :newyears:

Uh. Thanks Koa-chan? It'll help when eventually do Hard mode runs, which won't happen until I beat most Touhou games on Normal, so...

Guiz everyone knows Layla's the pest Prismriver.

Would you say the same thing if she didn't have green hair?

Anyhow, speaking of PCB Hard

oJ7qO0H.png

This was only my 4th attempt. I extended the starting lives, but it didn't matter since I ended with 2 extra lives. In fact, I had 4 extra lives (5 lives) and 3 bombs for Resurrection Butterfly and only died twice because I refused to bomb. And of course, there were plenty of silly wasted deaths throughout the run (one of them to Lily even >_>). Sakuya's 4 bombs makes PCB very easy to 1cc, even on Hard Mode.

About the Prismrivers, Lyrica's spell is extremely easy and definitely easier than her Normal Mode version. My final run had Lunasa's spell though, which was just purely reactive i.e. easier than her Normal Mode spell. Haven't seen Merlin's yet. Their last two spells also seem easier in Hard then Normal.

As for Youmu, well, her Manussya spell (with bullets coming from the bottom) seems to be the same as Normal Mode but with more density. I also have a perfect capture rate on Ageless Obsession. All her other spells are really tough, but I have trouble with those on Normal too (except Karmic Punishment, which is not on Hard). Deva also seems to make the gaps more obvious (though it might just be because of my growth since my last PCB run, which was for the draft), but I haven't captured it yet.

As for Yuyuko, Swallowtail Butterfly still continues to destroy me to shreds. Lost Village is still easy, but it's actually possible to screw up now. The knife non-spell also seems to annoy me more than I'd expect. Repository of Hirokawa got really tough with the increased density. Getting Lost seems pretty much the same though. Resurrection Butterfly... only relevant change is that the lasers can actually bother you now by forcing you into a corner.

Edited by Railgun

Would you say the same thing if she didn't have green hair?

Anyhow, speaking of PCB Hard

oJ7qO0H.png

This was only my 4th attempt. I extended the starting lives, but it didn't matter since I ended with 2 extra lives. In fact, I had 4 extra lives (5 lives) and 3 bombs for Resurrection Butterfly and only died twice because I refused to bomb. And of course, there were plenty of silly wasted deaths throughout the run (one of them to Lily even >_>). Sakuya's 4 bombs makes PCB very easy to 1cc, even on Hard Mode.

About the Prismrivers, Lyrica's spell is extremely easy and definitely easier than her Normal Mode version. My final run had Lunasa's spell though, which was just purely reactive i.e. easier than her Normal Mode spell. Haven't seen Merlin's yet. Their last two spells also seem easier in Hard then Normal.

As for Youmu, well, her Manussya spell (with bullets coming from the bottom) seems to be the same as Normal Mode but with more density. I also have a perfect capture rate on Ageless Obsession. All her other spells are really tough, but I have trouble with those on Normal too (except Karmic Punishment, which is not on Hard). Deva also seems to make the gaps more obvious (though it might just be because of my growth since my last PCB run, which was for the draft), but I haven't captured it yet.

As for Yuyuko, Swallowtail Butterfly still continues to destroy me to shreds. Lost Village is still easy, but it's actually possible to screw up now. The knife non-spell also seems to annoy me more than I'd expect. Repository of Hirokawa got really tough with the increased density. Getting Lost seems pretty much the same though. Resurrection Butterfly... only relevant change is that the lasers can actually bother you now by forcing you into a corner.

wordswordswords

gj