• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Congrats on 1ccing PCB Hard, Proto!

Thanks! I wonder which one I should try next...

...why would you ever go into a corner during Resurrection Butterfly

Well, it's like this. I moved left to dodge the red butterflies. Then I moved left to dodge the bubbles. Then I moved left to dodge the lasers. I found myself in a corner. I then proceeded to die to a blue butterfly >_>

I'll admit, I should've headed to the right to dodge the lasers, but this was like, my second time facing it so it really threw me off guard.

It's called "Core:R ~From Gensokyo With Love~". :V

*Code

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Proto could you show me a replay later of you fighting Shou and maybe Byakuren?

Shot type and difficulty? I'm guessing SanaeB and Easy, but confirmation would be nice.

I can't PCB or IN.

PCB:

1. Increase starting lives

2. Use SakuyaA and make good use of her unfocused spread and focused homing shots

3. Use a bomb for every troublesome spell; trust me, you have more than enough

4. ???

5. Profit

IN:

1. Increase starting lives and bombs

2. Use Netherworld Team and watch Yuyuko annihilate stages

3. Use Youmu's bomb to skip every troublesome spell; don't wait for the Last Spell

4. ???

5. Profit

Shot type and difficulty? I'm guessing SanaeB and Easy, but confirmation would be nice.

PCB:

1. Increase starting lives

2. Use SakuyaA and make good use of her unfocused spread and focused homing shots

3. Use a bomb for every troublesome spell; trust me, you have more than enough

4. ???

5. Profit

IN:

2. Use Netherworld Team and watch Yuyuko annihilate stages

3. Use Youmu's bomb to skip every troublesome spell; don't wait for the Last Spell

4. ???

5. Profit

PCB:

But Sakuya B is way better.

Her unfocused bomb is pro because it lets me border faster.

In: youmuuuuuuuuuuuu. But she has to face MArisa :<

and No to increased starting lives on PCB, I can almost reach the cap by Stage 4.

Maybe increased lives for IN though.

Edited by Spiriter Kalas

PCB:

But Sakuya B is way better.

Her unfocused bomb is pro because it lets me border faster.

idk, but I find SakuyaA's homing shots to be much easier to use.

In: youmuuuuuuuuuuuu. But she has to face MArisa :<

Have you actually tried Netherworld Team? If you saw how Yuyuko roflstomps stages, you wouldn't mind bombing to all of Marisa's spells.

and No to increased starting lives on PCB, I can almost reach the cap by Stage 4.

keyword: almost

And increasing your starting lives allows you to afford more silly deaths, regardless. At least try to 1cc with increased starting lives before trying to 1cc with default lives.

Maybe increased lives for IN though.

And bombs, don't forget bombs.

Proto could you show me a replay later of you fighting Shou and maybe Byakuren?

Delivery time: Stage 5 and Stage 6.

Stage 5:

- I intentionally collected the wrong UFO colors, so that you see how to deal with the bullets without UFO distractions or screenclears. You would realistically summon at least one UFO here, but do make sure you don't get too greedy and risk your life for UFOs.

- Death while trying to auto-collect after a Shou spell... yeah, uh, be careful when auto-collecting, or don't auto-collect at all.

- I actually seriously attempted Vajra before giving up and bombing. In an actual run, you should bomb to it as soon as it starts to look bad. Don't forget to shotgun Shou with unfocused Sanae.

- Of course, if you have trouble with any other parts, feel free to bomb to them.

Stage 6:

- This time, I actively tried to summon UFOs to show you just how many bombs you get generate from Stage 6 alone. Dodging should not be a problem for stage parts.

- Star Maelstorm is evil, bomb to it like the replay

- Byakuren's last non-spell is evil as well, bomb to it like the replay

- Again, if you have trouble with any other parts, feel free to bomb to them. Do note that Byakuren is invincible during bombs against Flying Fantastica, so you can't just bombskip it.

Edited by Railgun

idk, but I find SakuyaA's homing shots to be much easier to use.

Have you actually tried Netherworld Team? If you saw how Yuyuko roflstomps stages, you wouldn't mind bombing to all of Marisa's spells.

keyword: almost

And increasing your starting lives allows you to afford more silly deaths, regardless. At least try to 1cc with increased starting lives before trying to 1cc with default lives.

And bombs, don't forget bombs.

Maybe, but, at least for me, I feel a bit more comfortable with SakuyaB's stuff.

I have used the Nether team, but I just don't like Youmu's HYPER GOTTA GO FAST LIKE SANIC speed, like, I think that must have killed me a lot. I'm trying to go for a bit more Time point optimization, but if you say that Yuyuko kills things...

BUT I CAN GO THROUGH STAGE 1 2 AND 3 WITHOUT DYING SO I KINDA WANT TO KEEP MYSELF DOWN A BIT SO THAT I DON'T BECOME TOO USED TO THE EXTRA LIVES. BESIDES, I CAN GET TO ONE BELOW THE LIFE CAP BY THE HALF WAY POINT OF STAGE 4, SO YEAH.

Uguu what more do you want from me. :<

Edited by Spiriter Kalas

Thanks! I wonder which one I should try next...

Again, how about DDC?

I remember you saying that you died to Cirno and gave up, and I'll be the first to say that Hard/Lunatic Cirno in DDC is easily harder than Wakasagihime. xD

Well, it's like this. I moved left to dodge the red butterflies. Then I moved left to dodge the bubbles. Then I moved left to dodge the lasers. I found myself in a corner. I then proceeded to die to a blue butterfly >_>

I'll admit, I should've headed to the right to dodge the lasers, but this was like, my second time facing it so it really threw me off guard.

...I see. xD

*Code

I have no idea how I not only managed to make that typo, but also proceed to not notice it. xD

IN:

Last I checked, it wasn't possible to increase your starting bombs past 3.

In fact, I'm moderately sure that outside of EoSD, you can't change your starting bombs at all. xD

Maybe, but, at least for me, I feel a bit more comfortable with SakuyaB's stuff.

Whatever works for you. She still gets 4 bombs/life, so you can still bombskip every troublesome spell.

I have used the Nether team, but I just don't like Youmu's HYPER GOTTA GO FAST LIKE SANIC speed, like, I think that must have killed me a lot. I'm trying to go for a bit more Time point optimization, but if you say that Yuyuko kills things...

FYI I only use Youmu for Stage 1 Time, and for bombing. Otherwise, Yuyuko all the way.

In fact, I would suggest you check out my IN draft run. I perfect-cleared all stage parts except Stage 6 (because I chose Eirin's, which is much tougher than Kaguya's) and cleared the game with four extra lives remaining. Pretty sure if you increased your starting lives+bombs and choose Kaguya, you should be able to easily 1cc.

BUT I CAN GO THROUGH STAGE 1 2 AND 3 WITHOUT DYING SO I KINDA WANT TO KEEP MYSELF DOWN A BIT SO THAT I DON'T BECOME TOO USED TO THE EXTRA LIVES. BESIDES, I CAN GET TO ONE BELOW THE LIFE CAP BY THE HALF WAY POINT OF STAGE 4, SO YEAH.

And yet you still can't clear PCB? Have you tried Practice Mode on Stage 4/5/6? If you can't learn how to capture a spell consistently, then at least resolve yourself into bombing to it. Also, which Prismriver do you pick for the middle part?

Whatever works for you. She still gets 4 bombs/life, so you can still bombskip every troublesome spell.

FYI I only use Youmu for Stage 1 Time, and for bombing. Otherwise, Yuyuko all the way.

In fact, I would suggest you check out my IN draft run. I perfect-cleared all stage parts except Stage 6 (because I chose Eirin's, which is much tougher than Kaguya's) and cleared the game with four extra lives remaining. Pretty sure if you increased your starting lives+bombs and choose Kaguya, you should be able to easily 1cc.

And yet you still can't clear PCB? Have you tried Practice Mode on Stage 4/5/6? If you can't learn how to capture a spell consistently, then at least resolve yourself into bombing to it. Also, which Prismriver do you pick for the middle part?

So yeah. :<

Oh, okay.

I STILL NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR RUNS OKAY.

I GUESS i'll do it this once...

SENPAI THAT IS A LOW BLOW AND YOU KNOW IT. *mock pain*

I guess I'll try..

I THINK that Lyrica is the least annoying one of the three, but I need to verify more.

>Try to supergraze the two beginning large fairies in first stage of SA

>Get crushed by rocks

Raymond pls

>Get crushed by rocks

Raymond pls

gj

I can't Touhou anymore

I literally always die to Chen if I attempt PCB Hard because bombing is too hard

I lose three lives to Kogasa and Ichirin each on UFO Hard

>Get crushed by rocks

Raymond pls

Ha.

You need to memorize where they start shooting, and pray to the RNG that the rocks don't fall and make everyone die.

I STILL NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR RUNS OKAY.

I GUESS i'll do it this once...

"this once"

I see...

SENPAI THAT IS A LOW BLOW AND YOU KNOW IT. *mock pain*

I guess I'll try..

Eh? What I meant was that if you can reach mid Stage 4 with 7 lives, you should be able to 1cc even if you bomb everything that could be slightly challenging. The fact that you can't 1cc indicates that you're unnecessarily losing too much wasted lives on these stages.

I THINK that Lyrica is the least annoying one of the three, but I need to verify more.

I personally found Lunasa to be the easiest on Normal but eh, I guess you're more proficient at high-density criss-crossing patterns.

Proto teach me how to be a Yuka master :<

First, you need to be masochistic...

>Get crushed by rocks

Raymond pls

If you're trying to perfect clear, I would advise you to avoid doing anything unnecessary for that goal... including supergrazing even though you can probably pull it off consistently with your eyes closed.

gj

I can't Touhou anymore

I literally always die to Chen if I attempt PCB Hard because bombing is too hard

I lose three lives to Kogasa and Ichirin each on UFO Hard

iirc I only found Chen's midboss spell to be difficult. Just bomb to it, seriously.

I assume the UFO Hard failures are for similar reasons

Ha.

You need to memorize where they start shooting, and pray to the RNG that the rocks don't fall and make everyone die.

"pray to the RNG"

He already needs to pray for successful DBDB, I don't think he wants to add any more RNG influence anywhere else.