• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

@Jprebs: Oh yeah, in case you want some visual help, I went ahead and beat the whole Extra Stage with the Scarlet Team, because why not.

The stage itself is actually harder than I remember it being when you have no homing shots to roflpwn most of the enemies before they even get any shots off, and I can't deal with Keine's final spellcard for the life of me.

However, I captured 7 of Mokou's spells and finished with an extra life in stock, so it should nonetheless be of help I guess.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Proto go code me a replay loader so I don't have to open up the games

you're good at this coding stuff rite

Replays only record key presses, so you still need stage data and boss data and spellcard data and all the images and stuff that are accessed when running the game.

So I just sat down and took a few minutes to screw around with Hollow Giant "Woo". Here's the most reliable result I got; I think with this strategy, I can see myself getting a near 100% capture rate on it.

Should work fine as any team.

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should actually watch that.

proto if it makes you feel worse i captured woo on my first try

Uh, it makes me feel better. Congratulations!

Why the heck would I feel worse if you captured Woo on your first try?

@Jprebs: Oh yeah, in case you want some visual help, I went ahead and beat the whole Extra Stage with the Scarlet Team, because why not.

The stage itself is actually harder than I remember it being when you have no homing shots to roflpwn most of the enemies before they even get any shots off, and I can't deal with Keine's final spellcard for the life of me.

However, I captured 7 of Mokou's spells and finished with an extra life in stock, so it should nonetheless be of help I guess.

You captured seven of Mokou's spells? Wow... and you failed Phoenix's Tail >_>. Fujiyama Volcano gets tough after the first phase and Hourai Doll becomes impossible after she fires red arrowheads (idk if there's any phase after that because I never survive the phase where she fires the red arrowheads).

tried UFO again

I still can't get through Kogasa's last spell and still get a Game Over on Heavenly Net Sandbag when close to capturing it :u

yay, Proto saved me from double posting :D

Edited by Baldo

getting slightly better at honest man's death

keyword slightly

also i somehow suck at everything again

i'unno.

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should actually watch that.

Your choice, but if you're having trouble with it, it can't hurt. No need to figure out everything on your own; my first two Extra Clears were only after I watched replays showing me the basic gist on how to deal with the more difficult spells of the respective bosses.

In my opinion, if you just can't seem to figure out a spellcard and/or are getting frustrated with it, looking up the solution is fine. No point in burning yourself out on just a single spellcard!

You captured seven of Mokou's spells? Wow... and you failed Phoenix's Tail >_>. Fujiyama Volcano gets tough after the first phase and Hourai Doll becomes impossible after she fires red arrowheads (idk if there's any phase after that because I never survive the phase where she fires the red arrowheads).

I've captured Fujiyama Volcano before, but it's so difficult that I pretty much expected having to bomb it. Usually, however, I don't need two bombs and a Last Spell to beat it. <_<

As for Hourai Doll, I've pretty much figured out the idea behind the spell (stay in the center and move as little as possible), but Mokou's aimed bullets make it really hard to do so. xD

(Mokou's red arrowheads are the final phase.)

I've made almost 50 attempts and didn't capture it even once - I once got her down to like a pixel of HP, but that's it.

I still can't get through Kogasa's last spell

I forget, are you playing on Easy or Normal? According to Proto, it's actually harder on Easy than it is on Normal.

On Normal, just stay near the bottom of the screen, near the umbrella train that goes upwards. Switch sides when the train does. That way, you shouldn't actually have to deal with anything except the occassional stray bullet coming your way.

getting slightly better at honest man's death

keyword slightly

In case you haven't been doing so, stay as far at the bottom on the screen as you can during that spellcard. The gaps become much wider if Mokou starts the spellcard while you're down there.

Edited by Scarlet

while everyone asking Mokou's Spellcards

anyone kind enough to tell me how to survive Suwako's first spell? TAT

while everyone asking Mokou's Spellcards

Don't get hit

Stay as close as possible to the blue lasers, and only the blue ones, to misdirect the bullets Suwako throws at you. Rinse and repeat.

Don't get hit

Stay as close as possible to the blue lasers, and only the blue ones, to misdirect the bullets Suwako throws at you. Rinse and repeat.

the blue one? okay.. i'll try

many people said that there are easy trick on that spell..maybe that trick is what you said :p

Edited by Kakari Leap

I forget, are you playing on Easy or Normal? According to Proto, it's actually harder on Easy than it is on Normal.

On Normal, just stay near the bottom of the screen, near the umbrella train that goes upwards. Switch sides when the train does. That way, you shouldn't actually have to deal with anything except the occassional stray bullet coming your way.

Easy mode... Stop trolling me, ZUN ;n;

they are pretty dense all things considered

try moving further away from yoshika to the left/right, you don't have to be under her all the time

so my reverse psychology thing with mokou worked and i liek her a lot now

why did my two of my least favorite characters at first end up becoming my favorites