• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Edward is still terrible in the GBA version. ;/

Unfortunately, enemies in this game don't seem terribly impressed by spoony bards. Maybe he should've gone for knives instead. :V

But. He can dodge tank everything in end game.

too bad he can't use the spoon

I don't play FF that much

Srry

That's okay

you better be

wait, why wouldn't you use him

also, I managed to get to boss!Rin and didn't save a replay, gg

man, SA's scoring system sucks

seriously though.

Rin is mean.

IT's better than MoF's, imho. You just have to graze EVERYTHING.

oh wait, you're talking about the nonsensical version of ffiv where you can use party members at any time?

nevermind

i can get point items worth 10 points in SA :V

MoF's is far better

I... think so.

You either have to use the PoC, or graze like crazy. The former is difficult at times, but the latter isn't.... >_>

MoF sucks because it sucks.

I... think so.

You either have to use the PoC, or graze like crazy. The former is difficult at times, but the latter isn't.... >_>

MoF sucks because it sucks.

just a way for the game to say, "don't worry, we won't give you ZERO, instead we'll give you 10"

that's terrible

and grazing in lower difficulties suck, i couldn't even reach 1500 graze points ;_;

and even if i did, it would be so insignificant of a change :v

mof's makes you think instead of just spamming the poc whenever you can :V

wait, why wouldn't you use him

Because he sucks even worse than other characters in this game. :V

also, I managed to get to boss!Rin

Not bad!

man, SA's scoring system sucks

Kind of. The idea behind it is pretty cool, actually, but in practice, point items are ridiculously insignificant outside of Lunatic (due to the absurdly large endgame bonus for remaining extra lives), and losing 100% of your point item value upon death doesn't help.

and grazing in lower difficulties suck, i couldn't even reach 1500 graze points ;_;

Uhhh

It's perfectly possible to reach more than 10000 Graze on Normal without doing anything silly like suicide-grazing (particularly when playing as Marisa, as her hitbox is slightly larger). Heck, if you try very hard, you can get more than 2000 Graze in Stage 1 alone.

In particular, supergrazing the large fairies all throughout Stage 1 (particularly near the beginning) helps a lot and is perfectly safe on Normal.

Admittedly, however, you have to be comfortable constantly being very close to bullets and lasers on purpose.

But. He can dodge tank everything in end game.

That's news to me. He gets OHKO'd just like anyone else not named Cecil, Kain or Cid. :V

@FFIV: I'm playing the DS version so..

Not judging him there. I'm not familiar with the DS version, but as far as I know, you can make him more useful by giving him certain abilities (which wasn't possible on any other version of the game). I think I recall reading that his sing ability was also buffed significantly?

Not judging him there. I'm not familiar with the DS version, but as far as I know, you can make him more useful by giving him certain abilities (which wasn't possible on any other version of the game). I think I recall reading that his sing ability was also buffed significantly?

Read above/signature

What I'm doing is all blind

Stop spoiling things for meee

<3

Yeah. You can actually CHOOSE what Bardsong he plays, and... I think he starts with better starting stats.

Also, he gives hide as one of his augments, so yeah.

Read above/signature

What I'm doing is all blind

Aye, sorry.

finally, another extra down xD

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33735

Well done!

So, uh, how rare is "rare" when it comes to Trapezohedron/Ostracon drops from the Stage 24 enemies?

I went through the entire stage with the Gamer Fan on my commander and didn't receive a single piece of Trapezohedron/Ostracon. D:

(Just a million rocks and steel)

Edited by Scarlet

finally, another extra down xD

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33735

Puku gj!

Erm, yeah, Trapezohedron/Ostracon. Secondary drops. Try Stage 19 or 21's enemies that at least have Trapezohedron as primary drops instead? /halfheartedgrin

(I don't know, it just feels like you have terrible RNG.)

Edited by Fera

Not bad!

thanks @_@

Uhhh

It's perfectly possible to reach more than 10000 Graze on Normal without doing anything silly like suicide-grazing (particularly when playing as Marisa, as her hitbox is slightly larger). Heck, if you try very hard, you can get more than 2000 Graze in Stage 1 alone.

In particular, supergrazing the large fairies all throughout Stage 1 (particularly near the beginning) helps a lot and is perfectly safe on Normal.

Admittedly, however, you have to be comfortable constantly being very close to bullets and lasers on purpose.

well, i'm playing easy :x

the large fairies in stage one have been helpfull at least at making the gauge go to max without having to go above the poc, and stages 4 even has some easily grazeable lasers (3 too, but i don't get as much with them :s)

(I don't know, it just feels like you have terrible RNG.)

Well, that certainly wouldn't be news... xD

It also took me more attempts than I care to admit until I got a run on that one quest where that asshat called Terminator MkII didn't decide to go all "LOL VORTEX" and roflpwn my entire party in the same turn.

You can forge Trapezohedron and Ostracons, y'know...

I know, but I don't have that many surplus materials. I made two in order to upgrade the Gamer Fan, but I can't forge enough to craft all the other crap I want. xD

well, i'm playing easy :x

the large fairies in stage one have been helpfull at least at making the gauge go to max without having to go above the poc, and stages 4 even has some easily grazeable lasers (3 too, but i don't get as much with them :s)

To be quite honest, on Easy point items are so utterly worthless that you're better off focusing completely on survival for the endgame bonus. xD

Also keep in mind that if you want easy auto-collecting just for the [P]ower items, ReimuB's special ability is excellent. (However, her bomb is probably about as worthless on Easy as the point items are.)

Well, that certainly wouldn't be news... xD

It also took me more attempts than I care to admit until I got a run on that one quest where that asshat called Terminator MkII didn't decide to go all "LOL VORTEX" and roflpwn my entire party in the same turn.

Byakuren should run some IND-- for that. Vortex won't be able to erase its own debuffs :P

I know, but I don't have that many surplus materials. I made two in order to upgrade the Gamer Fan, but I can't forge enough to craft all the other crap I want. xD

The new Garden of the Sun has fairies that can drop plenty of basic forging materials at pretty high rates. Edited by Railgun

fera when are you going to play mafia w/o subbing out :(

on topic: i like the character yukari from touhou, she is a good character. thanks for reading my post

Edited by Prims

but I suck at putting in effort for mafia :( still gonna lurk in the irc though h4h4h4

I should try playing PCB extra sometime