• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Seriously, how can you get to Stage 5 and have trouble with Sanae Aya is much harder than her

wat

Aside from her last, Sanae's spellcards are tough. Even on Normal Mode they're IN-level micrododging lol.

(i mean you get a way better bomb)

Not really. MoF bombs actually are as strong as "real" bombs in other games, if not even stronger. All you need to do is to ensure that the bomb circle actually hits the target, so if you know you're gonna bomb a spellcard, try to be (somewhat) close to the boss when doing so.

Marisa's bomb wave is smaller than Reimu's, but strong enough to one-shot just about every spellcard in the game that isn't outright immune. Reimu's bomb wave may fall just a bit short on some of the higher-HP-cards.

I don't even know how the hell you guys manage... *couldn't even beat ddc using continues*

It's all about practice. What may at first seem impossible may after a while not even require effort anymore.

We're talking about Sanae in Easy Modo, Scarlet, haha.

But then again, she have me a little trouble when I first battled her. But only because I wasn't expecting her spells. Now I can capture all of her spells just fine.

Yeah.

Ah, well...hmm.

Huh....??

It's all about practice. What may at first seem impossible may after a while not even require effort anymore.

I guess... I usually just play straight through as far as I can, but lately I've been doing worse than before (I actually made it to Shou my first crack at ufo but lately I can BARELY beat Ichirin, if at all)...

what i meant by better bomb is sakuya's bomb which gives you protection which helps ALOT

Oh. That is true.

If protection bombs are your thing, have you tried MarisaC in SA? She's nowhere near as good as SakuyaA in DDC is, but her bombs work in a similar manner.

I guess... I usually just play straight through as far as I can, but lately I've been doing worse than before (I actually made it to Shou my first crack at ufo but lately I can BARELY beat Ichirin, if at all)...

Don't force yourself. Maybe take a break for a bit?

Maybe using Practice Mode to practice problem stages/bosses would also be of help.

Edited by Scarlet

A break'd probably be my best bet...

it probably'd also help if I didn't try at 10-11 at night but I don't have the time to sit down and play a full game during the day....

I never use practice mode, the main game is my practice mode.

The entire game is practice mode. Also, I only bomb when I feel overwhelmed.

Practice mode is nice for practicing stages like, 5 and 6.

I went through stage 6 in TD really fast before I 1cced and dealt with Miko just fine because of that refresher.

Edited by ZM©

Neat.

I just have to concentrate more on the character rather than look at the whole screen, because I look at the whole screen far too often and I'm sort of inconsistent.

made it to stage 6 on DDC with reimu with zero continues left. buut i managed to use no continues up to stage 6 this time with sakuya then had to continue :/, i always mess up on that one card when she makes your hitbox big and chucks knives at you. any idea how to capture this because i have to waste all my bombs on that spellcard.

I have an idea on how to capture it, but it's still ridiculously difficult. It's definitely the toughest spell in all of DDC imo, and is also one of the toughest spells I've faced in the Story Mode of any Touhou game. I also end up spamming bombs on it, though SakuyaA needs less bombs than others.

1cced TD yay

Miko is probably the easiest final boss I've faced yet. Holy wow.

Whoa, congratulations!

I agree with Miko being the easiest, though Yuuka and Remilia come pretty close.

So that makes five Touhou games beaten.

Well, iirc you're only playing Windows games, right? Only four more to go, then! Three if you don't count PoFV!

Kanako makes me cry

even on easy

In case you didn't know, Kanako is much tougher on Easy than on Normal. Or at least, her last two spells are. And considering that final spells can't be bombskipped, that's enough reason for me to consider Kanako as a whole as being tougher on Easy than Normal.

Like, I can capture all of her spells on Normal Mode, with Onbashira being the only spell I lack confidence in, but I've absolutely never captured Miracle of Otensui on Easy.

i disagree. the final boss of DDC was easier, at least on easy.

You Grow Bigger is a really difficult spell and you can't efficiently bombskip it since it's a survival spell. Shining Needle Sword is also somewhat difficult too.

but dude her final attack was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than i expected

imo final boss final spells are generally very easy, actually. It's only because they generally have more HP and are immune to bombs (either literally or practically) that players tend to be overwhelmed by how long they have to put up with such intensity.

It's not as tough as some others in the series, but you do have to take it seriously. (...well, admittedly I haven't seen most of the games on Easy, so I'm talking Normal+.)

Actually, I would consider it to be one of the tougher final spells of Touhou. On Normal, the only final spells I find tougher than Hop-o-my-Thumb Seven are Flying Fantastica and Hell's Artificial Sun, the latter of which I've only attempted with MarisaB, which is probably the worst shot type for that spell (weak fire shot + large hitbox + high speed).

Miko's final spellcard is laughable to the point where even on Lunatic you can capture it with no horizontal movement whatsoever. :V

Well, the spell is designed in a way that pure vertical dodging would be sufficient... Yeah, it's definitely the easiest final spell.

Thanks!

My next stop is probably getting to Remilia. Then beating UFO Normal. And finally, playing PCB to get to Yuyuko. And maybe stopping by SA Lane on the way. It's the only game in the series I don't like very much, and I want that to change.

I think you should 1cc everything on Easy before you try anything on Normal.

wow i got past stage 5 on mof for the first time today WITHOUT CONTINUES.(I couldn't get past it even with continues,bombspam is gr8) i have four lives starting stage 6. so happy right now. oh and zm i hate your waifu. she's like the marisa of tohou 10

Considering that Continues force you to restart the stage with 2 lives, it's actually easier, skill-wise, to progress further without Continues than with Continues, since you should be having more than two lives at the start of Stage 4/5/6 if you don't Continue.

However, being able to repeat the same stage an infinite number of times, even with only two lives at the start, makes it easier for you to maintain the patience and persistence to eventually clear it, as opposed to clearing that stage without using Continues from the start of the game.

She is on Normal

Illusionary Dominance <3

Anyone not named Kanako is 2 ez in mof (easy) but Aya is much harder than Sanae

The thing about MoF is that the Stage 4-6 bosses each have a general theme to their attacks that are distinctly different from each other's. Aya's attacks are mostly based on overlapping bullets, Sanae requires high-precision dodging, while Kanako emphasizes rapid reaction time. Which one is the toughest depends on your own general playstyle. I find Aya to be tougher than Sanae and Kanako, but others have different opinions.

All three of them have pathetically easy final spells btw, except Kanako on Easy Modo.

Wha replay? The one of Sanae?

I mean in general. I've been at it all night and I'm lucky if I make it to stage 4 on my last life in any game....

Which game are you trying? Also, are you saving your replays and abusing Practice Mode? Watching your own replays helps a lot in knowing where you screwed up and Practice Mode lets you work on both your skills and your resource management to improve overall performance.

In particular, do note that new players often underestimate the importance of resource management. If you die a lot while having bombs remaining, you should seriously start getting more trigger-happy with your bombs instead of constantly telling yourself that "I'll conquer this part without bombing!" and risk failing, which would mean you wasted bombs and start feeling horrible about your failure. I consider MoF to be the easiest game to 1cc because you can literally just spam bombs and 1cc it with very little dodging skills. And yet, many of the players here have issues with 1ccing MoF because they're not using their bombs as much as they should be.

Oh. That is true.

If protection bombs are your thing, have you tried MarisaC in SA? She's nowhere near as good as SakuyaA in DDC is, but her bombs work in a similar manner.

I love DDC SakuyaA, but SA MarisaC is quite awful for SA. SA has a lot of troublesome stuff that many shot types are designed to find them much more manageable. MarisaC doesn't get any of these advantages. So even though the concept of MarisaC is pretty nice, the game itself makes it really brutal for her and I really wouldn't recommend her for SA.

Don't force yourself. Maybe take a break for a bit?

Maybe using Practice Mode to practice problem stages/bosses would also be of help.

^This. Edited by Railgun

So PCB, SA, and DDC are the only ones that I'll need to 1cc.

Welp, might need to download PCB later!

My advice: Go for SakuyaA for both PCB and DDC. You can increase your starting lives in PCB, which provides you with A LOT of bombs. As for DDC though, well, it's all about how much you can auto-collect, but you can get a ridiculous supply of resources here if you're greedy enough.

Good luck with SA though. You'll need it.

I have an idea on how to capture it, but it's still ridiculously difficult. It's definitely the toughest spell in all of DDC imo

If we're talking all of DDC, Blue Lady Show is harder than even the Lunatic version of You Grow Bigger! imo.

All three of them have pathetically easy final spells btw, except Kanako on Easy Modo.

I'll just assume this also excludes the Hard/Lunatic version, as I would consider Virtue of Wind God anything except "pathetically easy". x_x

I love DDC SakuyaA, but SA MarisaC is quite awful for SA. SA has a lot of troublesome stuff that many shot types are designed to find them much more manageable. MarisaC doesn't get any of these advantages. So even though the concept of MarisaC is pretty nice, the game itself makes it really brutal for her and I really wouldn't recommend her for SA.

Like I said, she's not very good in SA, but she's easy to get used to and helps in getting to know the game.

She's also a decent choice if you're not very good at bombing in general.

Really, if the missiles did a little bit more damage (or if her bomb worked more like DDC SakuyaA's in that it'd effectively bomb twice), she wouldn't be half bad.

My advice: Go for SakuyaA for both PCB and DDC. You can increase your starting lives in PCB, which provides you with A LOT of bombs. As for DDC though, well, it's all about how much you can auto-collect, but you can get a ridiculous supply of resources here if you're greedy enough.

Good luck with SA though. You'll need it.

IMO, SakuyaB in PCB was good too

Her bombs were mediocre though