• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

There are moments where I wish Marisa's laser in Ten Desires would pierce, Seiga's fight is one such moment.

Yoshika, please move.

There are moments where I wish Marisa's laser in Ten Desires would pierce, Seiga's fight is one such moment.

Marisa without piercing lasers is like Reimu without a homing shot type option. You just don't do it.

Unfortunately, ZUN is a troll, so of course he does it anyway. D:

@ZM: If you're having space problems with your 2hus you can use the vorbis compressor

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Touhou_Vorbis_Compressor

A TON of the space hog is due to the lossless music, which you can change to OGG format, saving an enormous amount of them little bits. More videogames.

Awesome! Thanks a ton.'

with Marisa A last week, I mistook some of the bulky blue bullets for her satellites in front of her shooting the lasers, and thus didn't zig when I should have zagged.

^This is one of the two things I really hate about MarisaA. Those options in front of her resemble those glowing blue bullets too much (like the ones that are generating from pagoda).

The other thing is that Master Spark cuts down on her mobility, which is especially bad in UFO when you might be tempted to bomb for the purpose of collecting UFOs in a dangerous screen, only to find that you can barely move and any attempt to collect a flashing UFO will likely cause it to change color before you can reach it. And of course, not being able to auto-collect after bombing is annoying >_>

^This is one of the two things I really hate about MarisaA. Those options in front of her resemble those glowing blue bullets too much (like the ones that are generating from pagoda).

The other thing is that Master Spark cuts down on her mobility, which is especially bad in UFO when you might be tempted to bomb for the purpose of collecting UFOs in a dangerous screen, only to find that you can barely move and any attempt to collect a flashing UFO will likely cause it to change color before you can reach it. And of course, not being able to auto-collect after bombing is annoying >_>

It shouldn't strike me as funny that our complaints are exactly the same, but for some reason it still does. XD

Fera I need help... ;n;
What do I do with the BGM files then? Replace the music files?

you can just delete the .dat file after the encoding is done, it reads from the .ogg file

that's the entire point lol

So yeah I played Hisoutensoku for hours last night just unlocking spell after spell for Sanae.

Well worth it as I got four cards of Esoterica: Nine Character Pierce.

That there ended one of my UFO attempts lelel.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34293

Wheeeeee. InB4 "LOL Zak u still suk

Just watched this: I'm no master at TD, and I'm kind of mediocre in general, but this seemed a pretty solid showing. You died to greed on stage 3 boss final card, and you miffed up a little at 80 sake cups and right before miko's arrival, but a pretty solid showing that ended the run with 1 life still in stock. You were very conservative with your Trance, to the point that until like stage 3 I was unsure if you knew you could activate it manually, which is probably something you should work on. You had some very aggressive bombs against several non-spells and spells, but if you know in advance that they give you trouble, then on your first 1cc attempts, nipping them in the bud is the best policy, so no real fault there. I did question a few of your stage bombs when you wanted to collect colored spirits, though, were those just "shit, that wasn't the trance button" bombs? Because the loss of mobility from Master Spark almost counteracts the invincibility, in terms of trying to get any meaningful collection done, imo. Still, very good work, and look forward to seeing more progress to come.

I should play UFO for srs bzns

but I don't wanna play Easymode

somehow MarisaA is bringing out the greedy magician in me and I'm dying everywhere

If normal mode for me wasn't "Struggle to get my first 1ccs" you better believe I'd be joining you there, but alas, I am weak, and have given in to allure.

...that said, I should dig up my replays for that failed draft and maybe rewatch them/ask for tips.