• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Hey, guys, I'm back. Sorta.

I am the only one here that completely falls apart when I get to Keine in IN?

She pisses me off and dwahkdshitadhwkaowpjd

Depends. Which difficulty mode? Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic, or Extra?

She's really difficult for an Extra midboss, and she's still quite tough for Stage 3 standards on Normal. Spell Practice helps a lot in dealing with her though. As for her non-spells, well, if you're not super-dependent on seeing your visible hitbox to dodge, then you should go unfocused (human mode) because there are less bullets then.

Aside from her survival spell, Nue is quite lame. It's just really difficult to get to her with any extra lives in stock. :V

I can reach Nue with 2 extra lives and capture her first spell easily. I have yet to figure out her second spell, however. It keeps destroying me every time >_>

Reimu/Marisa should've been the final boss of IN.

Marisa, yeah. Reimu is easy though, but still tougher than Reisen but imo not tougher than Eirin or Kaguya, due to Apollo 13 and Dragon's Necklace respectively.

When I first got to Air Scroll, I thought you could bomb to it.

Hahaha. You can't.

Air Scroll is really easy though. Byakuren's second easiest spell imo.

Oh right you can't use continues against Kaguya at all or something.

Theeere we go.

Well, you can't use Continues at all to access Kaguya's Stage 6 so it makes sense that you can't use Continues during Stage 6 Kaguya.

Also if beating Easy again after beating Normal locks the extra stage, I'll be upset. :<

It doesn't, don't worry. I unlocked Extra and still have it unlocked after all my Easy clears.

Marisa 5-types-in-one is pretty good in SA, imhotep

^This. Water Sign is amazing for stage parts. Earth Sign is also ridiculously overpowered and can actually be very useful against some of Parsee's and Rin's attacks. Unfortunately, Fire Sign is very weak, so you'll still need some skill to deal with bosses.

But probably the most important reason why I like MarisaB is because at shotgun range, both her Wood Sign and bomb do a LOT of damage. In fact, 3.00 Power Wood Sign at shotgun range is the most powerful shot in the entire SA. The combination of bomb + Wood Sign at shotgun range is powerful enough to actually bombskip spells in SA. Being able to bombskip troublesome spells makes it a lot easier to clear SA.

I could never understand Miko's last spell. *died to her final spell in TD normal*

Here, try this out in Spell Practice: Stay under Miko and never move horizontally. Try to dodge everything by restricting yourself to vertical movement only. You're welcome.

maybe ill face loli imouto ojou-chan again

still cant figure how to survive royal flare and cranberry trap TAT

Royal Flare: Sit at the bottom-center, and move slightly to the left. If you pull it off right, you'll have dodged the first wave of fireballs. If you're using MarisaA and keep firing at Patchy since the start of the spell, then the spell should be captured before you even reach the second wave.

If you're not using MarisaA, you can try to shotgun a bit at the start, but you'll likely still have to deal with the second wave when it comes. My suggestion would be to bombskip it.

Cranberry Trap: Dunno, I just use my reflexes and find myself capturing it about half the time. RAYKITTY~'s advice might be useful.

I need help with Extra Kogasa.

I can get through the stage leading up to her just fine, but her spellcards. >_>

First spell is just micrododging. The hitboxes of the bullets are smaller than they look. You can probably capture this with pure horizontal movements, in fact.

Second spell is an evil version of Mt Ooe. I would suggest going unfocused and try to dodge vertically. Avoid horizontal movement. I've never captured this, however.

Third spell, just move out of the laser's range right when it stops. It's tough to consistently maintain the right timing (it keeps getting faster and faster) but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Even if you mess up the rhythm, there's a short delay between the laser stopping and the laser being generated, so you can still move out if you have super-fast reactive reflexes.

Okay so I tried ReimuA, I had more trouble on stage parts with many enemies (mini)bosses sections that don't involve much movement (from myself or the boss) were much better but the others were worse or the same

Satori was still pretty easy besides Flying Insect's Nest (I was kinda caught ny surprise by this one, not even sure if it's really hard or no)

Double Black Death Butterfly is "pretty easy", lolwut???

Flying Insect's Nest is really easy, you just need to keep changing lanes when you have to.

Managed to get to Hell & Heaven Meltdown with no continues on first attempt with this shot

That... is really amazing. It took me about 1.5 years before I was finally able to get past Stage 5. Being able to reach Heaven & Hell Meltdown without Continues is truly impressive.

I just saw a TAS where the guy bombs to a ton of things and gets a fuckton of points. What's the significance of that?

I think it's because a lot of enemies just show up, fire some bullets and then leave quickly enough that you don't really get the time to shoot them down. Bombing lets you kill them before they escape, letting you collect their point items. Edited by Railgun

Hey, guys, I'm back. Sorta.

Depends. Which difficulty mode? Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic, or Extra?

She's really difficult for an Extra midboss, and she's still quite tough for Stage 3 standards on Normal. Spell Practice helps a lot in dealing with her though. As for her non-spells, well, if you're not super-dependent on seeing your visible hitbox to dodge, then you should go unfocused (human mode) because there are less bullets then.

Normal and Hard modes

EDIT: Also, I managed to beat Keine. Only died 2 times (as apposed to 3 or 4, or just flat out game overs)

so that's cool

Edited by PixelmanFE

Double Black Death Butterfly is "pretty easy", lolwut???

Flying Insect's Nest is really easy, you just need to keep changing lanes when you have to.

That... is really amazing. It took me about 1.5 years before I was finally able to get past Stage 5. Being able to reach Heaven & Hell Meltdown without Continues is truly impressive.

besides a butterfly almost getting me after inadvertently going back after almost leaving the screen at the very beginning i didn't have trouble capturing it this time

i got an early death on it after a laser starting pretty close to me and didn't get much thought to the rest of it

Well, I practiced quite a bit back in that draft with ReimuB, although i think the best I did back then was getting to a little after Stage 5 midboss Orin

wb

Air Scroll and I didn't get along. >_>

And yeah, I beat Easy again and still had Extra in UFO.

No horizontal movements, got it.

Okay, then. Try to memorize the directions of Byakuren's zigzags. If it's a horizontal zigzag (/\/\/), try to follow Byakuren as she moves and then wait near the end and focus on dodging the bullets. If it's a vertical zigzag (>), rush to the side where she'll finish the zigzag (even before she finishes zigzagging) and then wait and focus on dodging the bullets. Oh, and try to be at the absolute bottom as much as you can and don't move vertically except for dodging purposes only if it's necessary.

Normal and Hard modes

EDIT: Also, I managed to beat Keine. Only died 2 times (as apposed to 3 or 4, or just flat out game overs)

so that's cool

Hmmm, 2 lives is still quite a big loss but IN throws so many resources at you that it shouldn't be too bad. Congratulations!

Hi Proto!

I stopped dying at competitive Touhoumons.

Yay~! You should teach me how to competitive Touhoumon sometime.

besides a butterfly almost getting me after inadvertently going back after almost leaving the screen at the very beginning i didn't have trouble capturing it this time

i got an early death on it after a laser starting pretty close to me and didn't get much thought to the rest of it

Well, I practiced quite a bit back in that draft with ReimuB, although i think the best I did back then was getting to a little after Stage 5 midboss Orin

The draft was in Easy though, not Nor- ...wait, what difficulty are you playing in now?

*dies after clearing Hell's Artificial Sun failing its capture*

:'D

at least I wasn't on my last life

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34396

and with that i have every windows game 1cc'ed on Easy except for EoSD whose easy mode doesn't exist and PoFV that doesn't exist

Edited by UIir

Technically, you did 1cc on EoSD Easy since, well, it classifies it as a clear.

But then again, who gives a shit what I say?

Edited by ZMĀ©