• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Oh, I can imagine a Heaven and Hell Meltdown capture with MarisaB as long as she has at least 1 Power, simply because she can fire whereever the heck she wants. But going to the center of the spellcard just to hit Utsuho with other shot types? Totally not worth it.

So, a capture at 0 Power? Damn. xD

I don't think he actually changed MarisaB's shot. He kept it at focus-fire iirc.

Then do it like I just did - that is, properly! :newyears:

MoF for the perfect entry-level Extra Stage!

That reminds me of my entry for SA in the last draft. Perfect run up to (and including) midboss!Rin in Stage 5. Then I died because she ran into me after I had already beaten her. Bosses' hitboxes should not remain active after you've beaten them! xD

Interestingly, I've gotten pseudo-Wriggle Kick'd by many midbosses in various different Touhou games... but never by Wriggle herself >_>

While not a Wriggle Kick, I also have a tendency to bump into Miko. Once it was while circling around in that one spell where circling around seems like a good idea (for people that hate dodging sideways bullets anyway). Another time I bumped into her while busy dodging Futo and Tojiko's arrows.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Anyhow, congratulations on finally clearing MoF Extra! Does this mean you are now done with all Windows Extra?

Thanks, thanks. :newyears:

Nah, I still haven't beaten Nue and can't be bothered to keep trying right now. Other than that though, that's all Windows Extra Stages beaten, yes.

If I were to give a rough summary of each:

- EoSD Extra is pretty easy overall, discounting Royal Flare and the fact that you get basically nothing for resources. 2 extra lives isn't much.

- PCB Extra is probably the easiest Extra, period. You get a quite generous amount of lives and Ran is kinda lame compared to other EX bosses.

- IN's Extra is rather tough even if you know how to deal with each spellcard. Most of Mokou's spells are really freaking easy to mess up.

- PoFV Extra is pretty lol, although the final match would be pretty tough if you weren't able to gain extra lives. Surviving 120 seconds of Lunatic bullet density without getting hit at all is a bit much.

- MoF Extra is... ...much easier than I first thought. Most of Suwako's spells are actually rather simple, and the Stage part is probably the easiest to do without losing any lives and entering the boss fight with max Power/bombs. Even Kanako as a midboss is fairly easy (and you can just bomb her face off if you can't be bothered to deal with her).

- SA Extra is really difficult, probably the hardest overall. The Stage itself is pretty tame, but midboss!Sanae is tough, and Koishi's spellcards are on the tough side for the most part. It doesn't help that you get no extra lives whatsoever until well into the fight with Koishi.

- UFO Extra is pretty difficult as well. Nue herself would be fairly easy, but midboss!Kogasa is really tough and the Stage itself completely destroys my face.

- TD Extra is about average in difficulty I guess, although you have Trance to skip a few problem spells, which definitely helps. midboss!Nue is fairly easy, though.

- DDC Extra provides a lot of resources, but is rather tough overall to compensate. It averages out.

In other news, my faulty keyboard finally started destroying me in IN >_>

Why are you using your keyboard in the first place. ;/

imo Touhou controls much better with a gamepad.

I don't think he actually changed MarisaB's shot. He kept it at focus-fire iirc.

...wow

MoF for the perfect entry-level Extra Stage!

PCB's is still easier, but it honestly isn't that bad. xD

Interestingly, I've gotten pseudo-Wriggle Kick'd by many midbosses in various different Touhou games... but never by Wriggle herself >_>

Yeah, likewise. Remember how I got Tewi-kicked in the last draft? lol

Kogasa has also kicked me quite literally once. She actively tries to ram into you if you go too close to the top edge of the screen during some of her spellcards.

...how the heck did I miss multiple posts when quoting? Wait, nvm, I went to a 2-hour class and then continued replying to that post that I was in the middle of typing up, lol

Anyhow, congratulations on finally clearing MoF Extra! Does this mean you are now done with all Windows Extra?

In other news, my faulty keyboard finally started destroying me in IN >_>

I keeps tellin' ya to go buy a new keyboard. Never listens.

Also, generally, for some reason, in my experience, Hell and Heaven Meltdown, as long as you keep in one place, Okuu will generally hover over you so focus-fire can hit. Probably won't do so at the edge of the screen, but I guess if you keep enough to the middle. It's harder at the edges anyway, I hate double diagonals from different directions.

I don't have any other means to play outside of the keyboard.

The problem with the keyboard is that buttons that are held for too long tend to stick, even after I release my finger. This caused me to quit trying SA because it completely destroys me in Stage 5 (since it encourages pacifism). It hasn't been much of an issue in the previous games, until IN, where there are a lot of situations where I depend on the speed differences between being focused and unfocused.

Most apparent example is how I failed to capture Visionary Tuning, of all spells. It's ridiculously easy for a Stage 5, but when Yuyuko refuses to unfocus to Youmu, I have no choice but to resort to only the lower area regions for safety, which eventually walled me to the bottom of the screen >_>

Furthermore, Youmu has a far better bomb than Yuyuko, but I rarely get to use it because I like to dodge most of the tough parts in IN as Yuyuko (visible hitbox), and I can never afford to wait for five seconds for my Shift button to get unstuck so that Yuyuko finally reverts to Youmu. In the end, this is almost becoming a pure Yuyuko solo <_<

Edited by Railgun

Also, generally, for some reason, in my experience, Hell and Heaven Meltdown, as long as you keep in one place, Okuu will generally hover over you so focus-fire can hit. Probably won't do so at the edge of the screen, but I guess if you keep enough to the middle. It's harder at the edges anyway, I hate double diagonals from different directions.

Yeah, I noticed she generally moves towards you when you're not at the edges, but I can only deal with Hell and Heaven Meltdown at the edges. There's just more room to dodge there.

Beat up random people to receive-- wait, wrong game

Consider it an investment. It'll improve things for years to come if you pick a good gamepad and take good care of it. :newyears:

Okay, so I need to find a way to contribute to this thread in a way that everyone can participate in, and not just RAYKITTY~ and a lurking Fera.

Let us all enjoy a beautiful cosplay of Hijiri Byakuren:

hiziri_byakuren_4_by_nonomy-d3gr8te.jpg