• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I like IP.Chat better. I am going to hang out over there, because that is where all the cool people hang out. Except for Faraam, he is cool dude.

Aw shucks man.

ok! Also one more thing about being in border and killing fairies. Do you get max points for their drops as in you collect them at the top of the screen. Or where the faires die?

Top of screen, always.

Prismrivers and Youmu are always the roadblocks.

Yuyuko is, apparently, one of the easier final bosses. Or so i've heard.

Literally the roadblocks.

Prisimrivers in front of the door to the netherworld, Youmu acting as Yuyuko's bodyguard.

Also, 'I hear you guys like Touhou!' said in a topic dedicated to Touhou.

Well, at least I'm 1ccing at a somewhat reliable rate. But seriously... I don't think the goal I set for myself is that unreachable. Goddamn.

I can kind of do that opening nonspell now, and I'm satisfied with the Prismriver I choose to focus. The only Youmu spell that consistently fucks me is her last one, though 100 Yotsugeki (sp) can get dicey, and I have been known to just completely derp Human Sword. (Oh look! A bullet! Let's go run straight into it! Sounds like a great idea!)

Yuyuko fights range from either "I'm on point, let's capture everything" to "Shit, I died to her first card, there goes everything, let's die 3 more times in quick succession, shall we?"

Honestly, I should just give up and start working on IN, because I was a fucking fool to pick a Marisa Stage 4.

Blind 1cc go!

Not much to say about this one except that TD Hard... doesn't look very hard. I assume Lunatic gets a massive jump in difficulty from all the bitching about it. Captured Miko's knife nonspell because I don't know why don't ask me I'm absolutely retarded.

Congrats!

You're right, TD Hard is pretty tame, but Lunatic makes up for it. TD Lunatic is completely on par with other Lunatic modes, except you still get a pittance of extra lives, so lol.

However, on Lunatic you do at least get up to 9 continues lol.

Yaaaay I fixed UFO.

Huh. So what was the issue?

UFO is like Mario 3.

It looks good, but it gets difficult later on (yes Mario 3 gets difficult, shut it) and that's no cool but I wanna play it ajsdfa;j

SMB3 is more challenging than your average Mario game, but I still wouldn't call it "difficult".

World 7 and 8 keep you on your toes, but you get such a fuckton of completely overpowered powerups, why would you even care? xD

The only levels I would really call difficult are:

- The trick fort in world 7

- The first tank level in world 8 if you don't have a powerup

- The super-fast airship in world 8 if you don't have any leaves or P-wings

- The trick fort in world 8

Any tips for scoring high in PCB mechanics wise?

1. Never bomb unless you're playing on Lunatic. Reimu might be able to get away with it on Hard.

2. Never die.

3. Capture spellcards. This is even more important than usual, as this increases the value of Cherry items.

4. Try to time borders to activate when there are going to be a lot of point items coming up, as having a border up gives you constant auto-collection at full value until it wears off.

5. Stay unfocused whenever possible (unless you purposely want to delay your next border). Your Cherry increases much faster (about 10x) this way.

6. Avoid breaking borders unless you're playing on Lunatic, your name is SakuyaB, and you need another border with a slightly different timing.

7. When you have a border up, graze (unfocused) if you feel safe doing so. This slightly increases your max Cherry.

I like IP.Chat better. I am going to hang out over there, because that is where all the cool people hang out. Except for Faraam, he is cool dude.

You pickin' a fight? :V

because I was a fucking fool to pick a Marisa Stage 4.

R.I.P.

I keep shivering in fear about how tough Normal Fantastica was...

It helps to get there with at least two extra lives in stock just for peace of mind.

Edited by Scarlet

@Scarlet: I believe the cause was a corrupted data file. So now I have that new UFO folder and everything's working okay now.

Yeah, I want to reach Fantastica with three lives left, which is certainly doable. The spell only gets insane near the end with the red and purple cards, but I should be just fine.

Even CHARISMATIC VAMPIRES gets jealous.

*empties a bucket of blood over Kalas*

I'm not a vampire. Get it through your head. :V

Don't worry. He will know the truth soon enough. *scene darkens and fades to black* hey I wasn't done yet.

I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Would you join a Touhou forum just to tell them that CAVE shooters are so much better? :newyears:

(I kid, by the way. I'm not offended. I'm amused, if anything. xD )

*empties a bucket of blood over Kalas*

I'm not a vampire. Get it through your head. :V

I mean, what kind of attitude is that? Would you join a Touhou forum just to tell them that CAVE shooters are so much better? :newyears:

(I kid, by the way. I'm not offended. I'm amused, if anything. xD )

Why does it taste like ketchup.

Oh sorry. Uh... what are you again.

They didn't even make Ikaruga!

Oh right

He's also older than me. :v

The goal is to reach Fantastica with three lives or more.

Oh I c.

Thou canst do it.

Why does it taste like ketchup.

Because your imagination is running wild. :V

Oh sorry. Uh... what are you again.

Some people seem to think I'm a succubus, but I'm really just a plain ol' devil. :V

So I'm not the only one who found his comment rude and pretentious?

It was, but I don't really care. xD