• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

http://clarste.tumblr.com/post/118817504901/urban-legend-in-limbo somebody posted a ULiL plot summary to tumblr. game owns (story-wise, gameplay is kind of whatever soku for life)

also is there a good reason this is in fftf and not in the video game forum lol

GAMEPLAY>STORY IN TOUOU

I am actually contemplating reading the story of touhou LOLK though because apparently it's actually good.

LoLK's story isn't "good" any more than any other touhou story is "good". it seems darker from the demo but like with every other touhou game things are gonna reset afterwards probably

really makes me appreciate DDC more just because between the end of the religious arc and the big serious moon showdown ZUN shoves in a buncha youkai with no major lore ties and the silliest final boss character in the series. and the soundtrack goes hard. now if only I could normal 1CC it :<

LoLK's story isn't "good" any more than any other touhou story is "good". it seems darker from the demo but like with every other touhou game things are gonna reset afterwards probably

really makes me appreciate DDC more just because between the end of the religious arc and the big serious moon showdown ZUN shoves in a buncha youkai with no major lore ties and the silliest final boss character in the series. and the soundtrack goes hard. now if only I could normal 1CC it :<

use sakuya a.

DDC normal is harder than every other normal for me honestly. might just be because I've poured more time into the other games though. also resources don't matter when you're dumb like me and all your deaths aren't getting fucked by cards but rather nudging keys too hard or bumping into bullets during stage portion because your peripheral vision is garbage

i'm serious i literally had multiple deaths on stage 4 while trying to run DDC earlier where i was just moving around the stage and did not see the bullet that killed me before or after the fact. makes me mad irl since it's 2-3 bombs down the drain every time

~Too ADHD For Touhou~

Edited by Prims

Really as far as Normals go, UFO, SA, EoSD, and possibly PCB are far worse.

DDC gives you resources whenever you cross the PoC, it's not hard to cap lives before Benben/Yatsuhashi

Really if nouging yourself too much is the issue, I'd expect Ten Desires to be a bigger issue. That game is so stingy it's insane.

wow I did not know about DDC's resource gimmick! that probably makes everything like 100x easier. DDC came out around the time I basically clocked out of Touhou until just recently so I never really figured out much about it.

10Ds was on the easier end of the scale for me iirc but on the other hand I remember getting super annoyed trying to 1CC with Youmu over and over. I know I 1CCed with one or two people tho, don't remember which since I don't have my saves

from what I remember difficulty for me (normal mode) is like...

SA > UFO > MoF > PCB > 10Ds > IN

I have never beaten MoF normal iirc, game's easy enough but then Kanako stonewalls me.

never actually played EoSD lol

screw pc98

and no cuz I never payed attention to ddc or its mechanics lol

i basically pulled it up today like "wow I never really played this game" and didn't bother looking up playthroughs or mechanics

well basically when you go over the poc you can get a bomb or life piece depending on how many items you got from auto collecting

after 4 bomb drops the fith is a life one and collecting over 60 items at a time always nets you a life piece

Edited by Tonton

wow I did not know about DDC's resource gimmick! that probably makes everything like 100x easier. DDC came out around the time I basically clocked out of Touhou until just recently so I never really figured out much about it.

10Ds was on the easier end of the scale for me iirc but on the other hand I remember getting super annoyed trying to 1CC with Youmu over and over. I know I 1CCed with one or two people tho, don't remember which since I don't have my saves

You... how? It's not even complicated, just cross the PoC! >~>

10D patterns are Easy but it tries to make up for it by giving you very few extra lives.

Youmu is great. I use her pretty much exclusively for 10D now.

As far as NM difficulty for me:

UFO > EoSD > SA > TD > PCB > IN > DDC

thanks @tonton for explaining :>

started a DDC run and immediately died because I did not know secky's bullets were even there

I wanna kill myself IRL

secky isn't really hard at all my brain just has trouble registering the long streams of red bullets as actually being a Thing that is There and will Kill Me. for some reason.

imo both her and the werewolf chick have patterns that look tougher than they actually are. benben is legit problematic for me though. then seija is :gimmicks: and i don't remember what shinmyoumaru is like

DDC stage 3 feels like it's basically on the level of a lessened IN stage 4 to me :X

Edited by Prims

Shinmyoumaru-chan is fun. If you thought Seija's gimmicks were bad, well, enjoy Shinmyoumaru-chan's survival spell~

But no, seriously, auto-collect whenever you think there are enough items on the screen. You can rack up bombs and lives like crazy that way. Also, use SakuyaA, she is seriously awesome as hell in this game.

If you 1cc'd SA Normal, I highly doubt DDC Normal would give you too much trouble.

wow I'm restarting because I picked Reimu A and her bomb literally causes more problems for me than it solves

dumb shot type

how aimed at you are the thin lasers + orbs from the blue yin yang dudes in stage 4? are they actually totally static? i try to stream them but it ends up really awkward for some reason. i don't get it.