• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

yeah i'll admit I actually forgot about her.

(also prims yeah I forgot about her on skype I actually find marisa kind of cool so I kind of like one character I guess)

Edited by Junk

They don't actually suck but I don't understand what's so amazing about them either. Prims explained to me what made the touhou characters so cool to everybody and I still don't get it but meh.

I think the appeal of Touhou characters comes from the fact that, for a vertical scrolling shooter, Touhou actually puts EFFORT into its characters. A lot of them have touching backstories or cute/unique personalities, or both.

There's also the fact that, while ZUN's sense of human proportion sux, he's actually good at designs themselves. Every design is unique and very rarely does a characters design draw from another (normally when that happens, the characters are related in profession or blood anyway). There's a reason why silhouettes of the characters on the jewel cases are so easily identifiable.

yeah i'll admit I actually forgot about her.

(also prims yeah I forgot about her on skype I actually find marisa kind of cool so I kind of like one character I guess)

ActionDan also likes Marisa. The most entry level Touhou.

Pretty sure the only reason I like her is because when I was 8 I'm pretty sure I used to have a crush on her. My friend used to be really into touhou and showed me pictures of reimu and marisa and I guess I found her pretty cool.

I rediscovered touhou last year though.

Edited by Junk

too archaic for me and I'd feel lame using the hitbox patch (if I was gonna play eosd with a patch it'd be patching out sakuya's mugshot anyway)

btw proto what do you mean by backing out in you grow bigger? if you have a replay in spell practice that'd probably help, not that I'm clamoring to play that card again any time soon but it bugs me I have no idea how to dodge it. also still don't get the knife card before it asdgfkjdh

I didn't actually have a Normal You Grow Bigger capture replay saved, so I uploaded my Hard capture instead here. The idea is pretty much the same; you should understand what I mean by "backing out after streaming" from watching this replay. Note, I messed up the first few seconds, so the beginning is supposed to be much smoother.

i feel like the only person who likes pofv

a true hipster, me

I love PoFV. In fact, it's my favorite Touhou game~

i feel like hosting some pofv tournaments when i go on break

Ooooh, over here?

come on guys, the ai isn't that bad to fight against

the unfair challenge and artificially cheap AI is just practice for human players

^This, pretty much. It may be really difficult to 1cc, but regardless of whether you get the 1cc or not, heavy PoFV experience helps immensely with general reactive dodging skills. Especially multi-directional random hell.

Also, I play as Yuuka (<3), and her enormously abysmal speed forced me to get better at unfocused dodging, to the point of micrododging Eiki BS rods unfocused!

...You have to dodge in all Touhou games.

*tighly clutches ISC Tanuki Statue*

Also I dislike that my favorite of the playable characters in that game (Lunasa) not only lacks a story mode, but requires beating freaking Extra just to use in matches.

So.

Lunasa can be played in Network Mode from the start without having to unlock her. Still annoying that you can't practice her in Match Mode though...

phantasmagoria's aren't real touhous

i don't know how they got integer status

bal y :(

I think the appeal of Touhou characters comes from the fact that, for a vertical scrolling shooter, Touhou actually puts EFFORT into its characters. A lot of them have touching backstories or cute/unique personalities, or both.

There's also the fact that, while ZUN's sense of human proportion sux, he's actually good at designs themselves. Every design is unique and very rarely does a characters design draw from another (normally when that happens, the characters are related in profession or blood anyway). There's a reason why silhouettes of the characters on the jewel cases are so easily identifiable.

...I've never actually noticed some of these points before, but I agree 100%

times I've died because I thought I could trance but I couldn't and accidentally bombing would've actually saved me in this 10Ds run so far: 1

man I beat futo without dying at all (don't think I bombed either) but I'm worried I'm gonna tank vs Miko because I only have one bomb and 2 lives left due to a bunch of stupid deaths that shouldn't have happened. this game is such a jarring transition from DDC though by which I mean the danmaku is much much easier, there's like no comparision

nevermind I did it anyway game is ez

PS: what the fuck why did the translators make all tojiko's summon lines robotnik quotes LMAO

Yeah.. I really don't enjoy being in this thread anymore.. it's not very fun for me to be here now.. I won't be coming back unless you want me to change something in the main post or whatever.. even then you can just ask Bal or something..

Bye..