• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Sakuya A is a survival god, except she lacks precise movement since her focused speed is fast

And yeah Reimu A's issue is how weak she is, Reimu B is much stronger and has all the Reimu survival perks like Small Hitbox and slow focus speed, just can't home

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

PCB ReimuA is weak as all hell, but at least her homing helps her in situations like the Stage 6 spam.

SakuyaA, IMO, should only be used for first clears. Her survivalbility is fantastic, but her damage output is lacking and she sucks at scoring.

really, having a smaller hitbox and homing helps me more than having a bunch of resources since up until the final boss most of my deaths in these games are stupid accidents i don't see coming rather than just failing to dodge while having no bombs (and my yuyuko runs with SakuyaA were split 50/50)

WOW i just realized i said keine's last word and when i meant her last spell which is a lot less impressive

i guess i have to unlock her last word and do it for real now <_<

WOW i just realized i said keine's last word and when i meant her last spell which is a lot less impressive

i guess i have to unlock her last word and do it for real now <_<

It is. A lot less impressive. Now go unlock and capture her Last Word!

Her human form last word isn't that bad. You can do it.

Still tougher than plenty of other Last Words though imo.

MarisaA UFO Hard 1cc: http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=37187

1/2 remaining. I actually did very well here.

The death at the very end of LFS is saddening, though.

Gah, and here I thought I could get the MarisaA UFO Hard 1cc before you did! I guess I have to resort to attempting it with ReimuA now...

Still, though, congratulations! I'm not surprised you did very well, given how much you've grown and your special attachment to UFO in particular.

Edited by Formina Sage

Gah, and here I thought I could get the MarisaA UFO Hard 1cc before you did! I guess I have to resort to attempting it with ReimuA now...

Still, though, congratulations! I'm not surprised you did very well, given how much you've grown and your special attachment to UFO in particular.

Doooo it. ReimuA is also really good!

Thanks! Want to give it a watch, man?

Edited by ZM.

Too busy today. Probably tomorrow.

ReimuA is good but I find MarisaA lasers and SanaeB's spread + OP bomb to be far more useful than simply having the highest damage output with no range or other notable characteristics.

Too busy today. Probably tomorrow.

ReimuA is good but I find MarisaA lasers and SanaeB's spread + OP bomb to be far more useful than simply having the highest damage output with no range or other notable characteristics.

I honestly think we overrated SanaeB in us saying she's the only shot type able to 1cc Hard, tbh. I don't think we think that now, but wow, we thought some crazy things. XD

MarisaA works just as well, and her piercing came in handy for sure. Her bomb isn't as great, but it's still a great one.

ReimuA should do just as well with her high power + good bomb.

Edited by ZM.

having tried it again I can confirm I lucked out. also I just captured Wriggle's it only took me 167 tries. I hate video games

having tried it again I can confirm I lucked out. also I just captured Wriggle's it only took me 167 tries. I hate video games

well on games like ISC it can take over a few thousand tries from what i've seen. good job

ISC spell capturing is only ridiculous if you're going for itemless captures. Otherwise, its patterns are really mild, especially compared to StB and DS.

It helps that Mamizou is broken as hell in ISC.

got IN normal 1CC with scarlet team (I still have data for border team and netherworld team 1CCs apparently)

what should I go for next between SA/UFO/MoF? mof seems like the easiest but i've also never beaten kanako to my memory.

MoF is the easiest because you can spam bombs. Mountain of Faith (the only spell you can't bombskip) is also much easier than most Stage 6 final spells on Normal. Also, do try to abuse your bombs in MoF (instead of dying with "bombs" remaining), because MoF is essentially Touhou: Bomb Spam Edition!

UFO is not actually really difficult, but the UFO system can be annoying to get accustomed to before you can generate a respectable supply of resources for a decent 1cc. Still harder than MoF though.

SA is really hard for Normal standards, I'd suggest saving that for last. It's one of the most well-designed Touhou games though, imo!

Edited by Formina Sage

yeah I was going to save SA for last if possible. I love SA though, might try and do an easy run in-between games as a "breather" (breather in quotes cuz SA easy might as well be IN normal, at least for me)

did MoF normal 1CC while yelling at my friends over skype :> i had a stupid death vs. nitori and was down to like... 0 lives 0.20 power at the end of mountain of faith

UFO AND SA LEFT I WONDER IF I CAN GET 'EM

E: did UFO normal 1CC, used Sanae B. used Reimu B for MoF btw. guess tomorrow's the big SA day

Edited by Prims

Congratulations, Prims!

I personally prefer MarisaB (Patchy) for SA and she was the one I first 1cc'd SA Normal with. She's not the easiest shot type to learn though, but is very versatile and potent once mastered. In particular, she is one of the two shot types in SA that can reliably bombskip (other being ReimuC, who is even MORE annoying to control and is still less versatile)

That being said, the popular opinion seems to favor ReimuA (Yukari) the most, with the strongest forward shot and a screen-wide bomb. She was also the only shot type I cleared SA Extra with. She's very good for Normal Mode, so you may want to try her out.

MarisaA (Alice) is another decent shot that may be worth checking out, though I personally find the whole unfocused forward shot + focused spread as being really disorienting. She is a decent shot type, but not as good as MarisaB or ReimuA.

The other three shot types are relatively meh and I wouldn't recommend them for a first 1cc. Especially MarisaC (Nitori).

She gets a DDC Sakuya A style refund too, iirc.

Though Reimu A is still better cus gap powers, high damage and screen clear bomb with temporary invincibility before the screen clear during which you can graze graze graze.