• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

still wanna know if yall have any basic SA advice, I am bad at video games.

Don't die with bombs in stock, dodge as well as you can...yeah.

sometimes I memorize bullets so well I know exactly where to stand if I want them to kill me, and stand there.

seriously though I guess you guys are just telling me "play", I will try to bomb more even with the loss of power/bonus although usually my early deaths are Stupid Unexpected Deaths always.

Parsee is a trick boss.

Jealously Sign "Green-Eyed Monster" ~Start as close to Parsee as you can (Yes, I'm telling you to have Reimu/Marisa look up her skirt). When the monster gets close, run around her and head up (Normal +) or down (Easy) and run around til the next wave, which should be enough to capture.

Grandpa Hasaka "Jealous of the Kind and Lovely" ~Run circles around Parsee. While dodging the blue bullets.

Tongue-Cut Sparrow "Hate for the Humble and Rich" ~The real Parsee launches smaller bullets. when the fake bursts, run to the other side since the real will then be fake.

Malice Sign "Evening Anathema Ritual" ~Stay at absolute bottom if you use Reimu A and abuse gap powaz. I dunno what to do if you use Marisa B though, sorry.

Congratulations, Prims!

I personally prefer MarisaB (Patchy) for SA and she was the one I first 1cc'd SA Normal with. She's not the easiest shot type to learn though, but is very versatile and potent once mastered. In particular, she is one of the two shot types in SA that can reliably bombskip (other being ReimuC, who is even MORE annoying to control and is still less versatile)

That being said, the popular opinion seems to favor ReimuA (Yukari) the most, with the strongest forward shot and a screen-wide bomb. She was also the only shot type I cleared SA Extra with. She's very good for Normal Mode, so you may want to try her out.

MarisaA (Alice) is another decent shot that may be worth checking out, though I personally find the whole unfocused forward shot + focused spread as being really disorienting. She is a decent shot type, but not as good as MarisaB or ReimuA.

The other three shot types are relatively meh and I wouldn't recommend them for a first 1cc. Especially MarisaC (Nitori).

My first (only shot type) SA Normal 1cc was with Suika partner, it wasn't that bad, really. Not great, sure, but not bad. I guess that counts as "relatively meh", huh?

Literally the only good score system in the second windows era was SA, imo.

I had a whole rant typed up, and then realized I missed the word "second" in your post.

UFO's score system still blows SA out of the water, though.

My first (only shot type) SA Normal 1cc was with Suika partner, it wasn't that bad, really. Not great, sure, but not bad. I guess that counts as "relatively meh", huh?

I had a whole rant typed up, and then realized I missed the word "second" in your post.

UFO's score system still blows SA out of the water, though.

balcerzak don't you play other shmups as well?

Do you learn better by words, or by watching replays, or...? I'd love to help, but I'm not sure what works for you.

balcerzak don't you play other shmups as well?

Some, but I haven't focused a lot of time on them in recent history. Why?

Very agreed. I had more trouble with Yuugi than Satori, but that's probably just me being bad.

Yuugi's only troubling attack is her final nonspell. Fuck that thing!

Also I agree that UFO scoring > SA scoring. SA scoring really only applies in Lunatic and Extra, and that's kind of lame!

Yuugi's only troubling attack is her final nonspell. Fuck that thing!

Also I agree that UFO scoring > SA scoring. SA scoring really only applies in Lunatic and Extra, and that's kind of lame!

I have more issue with Feat of Strength "Storm on Mount Ooe" tbh

It's so fast.

yeah but one death sends your score down the drain. Not fun not fun! SA luna sounds quite interesting considering you even have to suicide for graze at points!

fuck ufo scoring

also i still recommend grazing for surviving in sa since it can help avoid doing shit like getting yourself killed when you were going after a life piece or power items :v (if you're not going for scoring in sa you can just ignore point items anyway don't get yourself killed for those)

yeah but one death sends your score down the drain. Not fun not fun! SA luna sounds quite interesting considering you even have to suicide for graze at points!

having to suicide to get better scores is bad :v

Edited by Tonton

Do you learn better by words, or by watching replays, or...? I'd love to help, but I'm not sure what works for you.

I haven't Touhoud hard enough to really know yet. replays are good when there's a card I do not understand how to dodge and I can't make sense of explanations (still need to watch Proto's You Grow Bigger replay...........), but specific advice is also gr9

w/ yuugi i have trouble reading her lasers

i actually know how to do all parsee's cards she's just flukedeath city

god im so fucking rusty i can't even get to sa easy stage 5

I die on stage 1 mof hard mode lol, not used to being more focused on my hitbox >_>

oh lol that was to Glac

SA Lunatic is the only difficulty in which you should even consider scoring in the main-game. Maybe Hard (might look into it), but it's s quite low!

i 1CCed SA easy yesterday while talking with friends actually, then realized talking while playing Touhou is fun and did the moff run. SA easy is pretty rough for an easy mode i think? proto said it's typical easy mode difficulty but when i was still an easy mode player and first tried out SA i remembered i struggled to even beat orin while continuing over and over. fuck stage 5 in general sorry junko

Edited by Prims