• The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

hey nerds is there a movelist from ULiL or something

it seems interesting but I'd like to know what the hell I'm doing in it

I can give general discriptions of Mokou's, Miko's, and Koishi's attacks but not much else.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

What do you like about SA?

the pattern's, the music, and the atmosphere. The scoring is kind of silly though and UFO's stages far outmatch SA but SA has some good stages too.

fyi this is actually a violation of Touhou copyright. ZUN is okay with the games being patched to English (including endings) and doesn't mind that they're being distributed outside of Japan for free, but he really doesn't want endings to be published elsewhere.

Considering how generous ZUN is with his copyright restrictions, Touhou copyright is something I have a lot of respect for.

Considering there's no replay files for pc98 and they're literally video of my runs from title screen to title screen, is that really a problem though? Edited by Balcerzak

S Tier

SA

POFV

A Tier

MOF

IN

B Tier

the rest except

F Tier

UFO (would be s tier without the UFO's)

I don't know who you are but you have PoFV at S tier so I like you already

What do you like about SA?

SA is pretty awesome. It's ruthlessly difficult outside of Easy, but the stages and bosses are all very well designed.

I've heard awful things about PoDD, haha.

It has one of my favorite characters, but I really think it's the worst Touhou game. I don't dislike it, it's still fun to play, but it's awful compared to all the others.

And you know I'm not biased against Phantasmagorias because PoFV is my favorite game.

Considering there's no replay files for pc98 and they're literally video of my runs from title screen to title screen, is that really a problem though?

Well, even replay videos are supposed to stop right when the stage ends i.e. before the ending. It's your choice and risk, but I personally would not include the ending in such videos.

I tried out Yukari's extra.

Died at the nonspell before tenko illusion.

I see what you guys are saying though.

A lot of her spells are either the same or Ran's or easier, Outside of a few.

The stage can die though. As can the midboss.

Yup!

Some of her spells are harder (the new Spell #2 is noticeably much harder than Banquet) than Ran's, but yeah, she's just a redesigned Ran.

As for the midboss, Ran is invincible during bombs (i.e. both your bomb and shot will do 0 damage while the bomb is active) so you're pretty much forced to learn both her spells. Both spells work the same as Chen's spells, but her second one moves in the opposite direction. If you haven't mastered Chen's one already, mid-Ran will force you to master the approach for this spell.

Also, remember how Shikigami Chen is one of Ran's easiest spells? Yeah, I wanna see you enjoy Shikigami Ran blind~

Well, even replay videos are supposed to stop right when the stage ends i.e. before the ending. It's your choice and risk, but I personally would not include the ending in such videos.

Okay, pretend it's not youtube, say I'm streaming on twitch, and I beat the game. I have to go through the ending and credits before I can enter my name into the high score, so I'm not quitting and restarting the title. Do I just stop broadcasting as soon as I beat the boss? I mean, I guess you could but that seems silly.

Okay, pretend it's not youtube, say I'm streaming on twitch, and I beat the game. I have to go through the ending and credits before I can enter my name into the high score, so I'm not quitting and restarting the title. Do I just stop broadcasting as soon as I beat the boss? I mean, I guess you could but that seems silly.

Oh, in that case, I would think it's okay. Probably.

That one seemed tough, I think I was able to get through it with 1 bomb though.

You should be fine then. It's one of her harder spells, so single bombskipping should be more than good enough.

Yeah, I had to bomb two of Chen's spells in my 1cc, that sucks.

She only has two spells. You can still bombskip the nonspell (but it's pretty easy so...)

mid-Chen/Ran's first spells are kinda easy though. You just need to horizontally stream the bubbles while utilizing vertical movement components to avoid bullets on the way. Non-SakuyaA shots may have a hard time due to not sitting under the boss most of the time, but SakuyaA should be fine.

The second spells are completely static, but it can take a while to learn and master an effective route that trivializes it.

Oh dear.

Yukari is mostly similar to Ran, except she has two surprises. One of them is Shikigami Ran. Have fun~

Still not sure whether I should go for EoSD extra or the Phantasm right now.

Flandre's stage is giving me a rough time too, so I'm kind of feeling bleh about this.

Well, EoSD Ex and PCB Phantasm are pretty different. EoSD Ex's main challenge lies in resource management, granting you only two extra lives (so four lives in total) while Maze of Love is a pain to clear without deathskipping. As far as actual attack patterns are concerned, Flandre's nonspells and spells are both easier than Yukari's imo. But Yukari grants a truckload of resources. Also, your experience with Ran should already give you an advantage over Yukari, since all of her spells are based on Ran's, and most of them work the same way too. On the other hand, you'll have to learn Flandre's spells from scratch, including some tricks and routes.

Overall though, I would say EoSD Ex is easier than PCB Phantasm, though I may be biased because my motivation for clearing EoSD Ex was driven by my love for Flandre Scarlet, so I can't claim that other players would have a similarly enjoyable experience at grinding EoSD Ex. I still think PCB Phantasm is harder though.

Oh, and Flandre's final spell is really evil, and one of the most difficult Ex spells to capture ever, so you'll really want a few bombs (preferably at least one extra life) dedicated just for that. And considering that EoSD Ex is one of the stingiest Ex Stages ever...

Edited by Formina Sage

Yukari is mostly similar to Ran, except she has two surprises. One of them is Shikigami Ran. Have fun~

#NeverforgetZM'sreactiontothesecond.

Tbh it was funnier than his reaction to Honest Man's Death, since it was mainly caused by pure lack of observance.

Though HMD was funny. But expected.

#NeverforgetZM'sreactiontothesecond.

Tbh it was funnier than his reaction to Honest Man's Death, since it was mainly caused by pure lack of observance.

Though HMD was funny. But expected.

>~<

dude

download the update from TasoFro's site if updater.exe won't work.

it's not hard.

it's not that. The update breaks it for me.

The only way I can get the game to run in the first place is to hex edit the .exe, but that doesn't work in the newer versions.

Apparently there's some DRM within the game or something that keeps it from working on some computers.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT WORKS NOW

apparently I just had to copy the executable folder into my VM's "actual hard drive" instead of running it from the shared folder.

[spoiler=very legitimate looking TH15 boss names post]rnjhzbc.png

this reads like a joke but i hope that final boss name is real because AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

E: IT'S REAL I CAN'T BELIEVE IT LMAO

Edited by Prims

Both look quite frustrating though.

Lessee, for EoSD Ex...

- Note that reaching full power will clear all bullets in the screen. Timing this strategically can help with the first half.

- Patchy is an annoying midboss with Silent Selene and Philosopher's Stone being pretty random. Royal Flare is completely static but really insane. MarisaA has a nice cheese though~

- Plenty of sections in the stage are just basic streaming, such as the start and the end, as well as the part after Patchy. Even the books actually have some aimed bullets and need to be streamed.

- Spending a few bombs for stage sections or Patchy is fine. Try reaching Flan-chan with 4/0 or 3/3 if you can.

- Cranberry Trap is one of Flandre's hardest spells but it's completely deterministic. The rest of the spells in the first half of Flandre are much easier (but somewhat tricky) so try to learn them well.

- Try to reach Maze of Love with at least 3 extra lives. If you decide to deathskip (strongly recommended), you'll be starting the second half of Flandre's fight at 2/3, regardless of the small performance variations before this point.

- The second half is mostly skill-based, though a lot of the patterns are still static/deterministic. It's not actually very difficult, but you're probably not gonna grind the latter half too much (due to how late it is), so it would likely remain troublesome until you clear.

If you have issues with any specific sections of the stage or bosses, I think I'd be able to help with them.

Edited by Formina Sage