• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Deathskipping involves not trying to capture the spell :P

No, seriously, just stay at the center of the absolute bottom (so you can hit Flan-chan all the time), bomb when the bullets approach you, and then try to micrododge until you inevitably die. Keep hitting Flandre and the spell should end.

Basically, whenever you die in EoSD, all bullets on the screen will be erased and will continue to be erased for a few seconds, giving you a significant no-bullets free time to dish out a lot of damage.

It's especially effective in Maze of Love, because the intended approach for the spell (circling around Flandre in the direction opposite that of bullet generation) gives you very few opportunities to be under Flandre. In order to capture it within a reasonable time period through the intended approach, the spell is designed to have very low HP, which ends up depleting really fast if you can stay under Flandre for a few seconds, an opportunity that is freely granted by dying.

Maze of Love certainly isn't the only spell that can be deathskipped in EoSD, but it's the most well-known one since it is one of Flandre's hardest spells to capture legit (second only to QED imo), so deathskipping is extremely convenient and tends to be worth the loss of the life (based on survival only).

do I wanna click that spoiler?

not if you don't want to see lolk characters before playing it

which reminds me keeping this stuff behind spoilers at least for a while might be good courtesy for those who want a spoiler-free experience

YOU HEAR THIS SHEEZY

Edited by Tonton

SImple enough.

Yay for iframes~

Ahh, symbolism.

Okay, makes sense.

Hopefully I have enough resources to make it work.

Just realized that I probably made it sound really complicated. Basically, just keep shooting Flandre. When you die, you get a huge window to hit Flandre with no bullets on screen, which should be enough to clear the spell with MarisaA's insane damage output. Bombing before the death or attempting to micrododge are only there to slightly increase the time you spend under Flan-chan as precautions, but they aren't actually necessary. Just make sure you stay under Flandre all the time, especially after you die.

I can't believe Junko is the final boss of a Touhou game my entire SF touhou shitposting career has been leading up to this point.

the stage 5 boss is my favorite new character btw

Congratulations, Hatty!

As for the translated script, you can just patch your PC-98 Touhou games to have the English script. The patches + instructions can be found here. No, you are not required to use Neko Project for this; you can still play the translated game through Next or Annex or whichever emulator you're using.

(I would still advise you to use Neko Project though)

Yup, they're known as ReimuA, ReimuB, and ReimuC.

Fun fact: My first Normal/Hard 1cc was with ReimuB, my first Lunatic 1cc was with ReimuA, and it seems that my first Ex Clear (once I get it) will be with ReimuC.

Thanks!

Yeah, but I want to play the games in Japanese, so my Japanese will improve. It's just that I can't read it fast enough to follow the endings.

Huh, that is a fun fact. Let's see how it will turn out for me...

Oh shit-

*runs away before apologizing*

Damn you, coward!

Come back and edit your post like a man!

It's horribly balanced. Sanae is pretty much the only one who's even worth using. Stages are shit. Bosses have stupid patterns. No thought was put into this game at all.