• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

I was spamming bombs like fuck too otherwise my shot might have actually been damaging her

okay let me re-phrase that, "the easiest hards that aren't in archaic games I'm not gonna play"

As Shezzy said, it's still tougher than PCB Hard and IN Hard, at least imo. And TD Hard.

It's also difficult to compare difficulties here. Pointdevice grinding plays a huge impact on a player's ability to 1cc Legacy, and the shot types are also too different to compare. Reisen is especially super broken for 1ccing.

But with respect to raw bullet patterns, I would argue that LoLK Normal patterns are really hard, about as hard as SA Hard even. Some patterns are even comparing to Lunatic patterns of other games. But abusing Reisen could make LoLK Normal easier to 1cc than even EoSD Hard imo.

So yeah, it really depends on what you mean by "tougher", but LoLK definitely has harder patterns in general.

Edited by Formina Sage

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

"you're supposed to spam bombs in SA" I fucking died on Hell's Artificial Sun because I had no power to damage her with. That was my closest run yet and it's now entirely gone to waste. why do people think bombs in SA are anything but shit (assuming you're not using yukari)

:salt: :salt: :salt:

Edited by Prims

Bombs in SA are significantly weaker than they are in other games. Yukari's is not an exception, but Aya's one is. However, the point still stands that it is better to bomb than to die. Yes, your power drops when you bomb, but you'll return to at least 2 Power if you die with no Power. And that becomes 3 Power when you have very few lives left and 4 Power at your last life. So yeah, you should be spending your bombs to avoid dying, and if power loss becomes a serious issue, your eventual death at 0 Power should put you back at 2+ Power to take care of stuff.

That being said, when people suggest using bombs in SA, it does not mean they're suggesting that you spam bombs like MoF. MoF lets you spam bombs like hell, with very little penalty. Treat SA bombs like EoSD/PCB/IN instead. Power recovery in SA is a lot harder than in MoF, so don't just spam bombs unless you really need them, like when you think you might die otherwise.

mostly it feels like i'm missing out on life fragments because i don't have the power to kill fast enough. this is notably a problem if i'm at low power against midboss orin in stage 5.

i dunno, my runs have been annoyingly inconsistent. last time i played this game i couldn't beat orin consistently though so i'm improving if nothing else!

zun designed clownpiece's cards to be literally impossible to do without doing in pointdevice mode because humans are not capable of clairvoyance

zun: i wanna appeal to the "i wanna be the guy" audience! by making my cards impossible to do! :DDDDDDDDDD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by Chen

Of course.

I spoil everything.

Just pay attention to how I capped the Last Word version then. Imitate me as close as you can for the PCB version. If you reach it, I'm going to hand over my IN scorefile for you to practice it (Or if you cap it on try one, I'll give it to you anyway so you can josh around with Last Words).

This is probably the best I've felt with touhou, ever.

I remember back in July when PCB easy was kicking me ass, I watched a video of the phantasm out of boredom, just to see the insanity.

To actually beat this, now, feels great.

I'm glad this one never got frustrating for me too.

and that's why shmups are the best genre of games IMO. just that feeling of accomplishment.