• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Well, of course it was, but I did really get that feeling at times. xD

I mean, you really ought to rethink your position in life when Reimu's homing shot type kills bosses nearly twice as fast as you do. >_>

You realize this is an insult to ReimuB too, right?

On a side note, I captured Sinker Ghost on Hard, do I win now

Whoa, awesome! So, when are you going to capture Most Valuable Vajra and You Grow Bigger on Normal?

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I'm feeling like I'm getting better at Touhou.

You are! The difference is noticable even when just comparing, say, your SA replay to your PCB replay.

capture vajra on normal and you'll win

Are you trying to be Kaguya? Please request something that is actually possible. D:

You realize this is an insult to ReimuB too, right?

Yes. :newyears:

Whoa, awesome! So, when are you going to capture Most Valuable Vajra and You Grow Bigger on Normal?

Most Valuable Vajra ain't gonna happen.

You Grow Bigger... might be possible on Normal if I just figure out how to freaking turn around without getting hit. xD

Ninja Fera >_>

btw RAYKITTY~, I'm actually thinking it might be a good idea for me to try some Extra Stages. My attempt at Alice failed really early, so I decided to give up on PC-98s. Since you cleared all the Windows Extras, which one do you think would be the easiest for me to clear?

btw RAYKITTY~, I'm actually thinking it might be a good idea for me to try some Extra Stages. My attempt at Alice failed really early, so I decided to give up on PC-98s. Since you cleared all the Windows Extras, which one do you think would be the easiest for me to clear?

I still haven't actually beaten UFO Extra, but aside from that:

EoSD: Flandre is really easy for the most part and has very non-threatening non-spells. The issue is getting there without getting your face murdered by Patchy's Royal Flare and some of the stage patterns.

Then again, I've beaten Flandre upon reaching her with merely two lives before, so yeah.

Overall: very stingy with resources, but the boss fight itself is easy.

PCB: Easiest Extra, hands down. You get a lot of resources and Ran's spells are pretty easy as well for the most part. Pick Sakuya for maximum cheesiness, although I didn't have trouble clearing it with Marisa either.

IN: You get a reasonable amount of resources (although less than in PCB), but Mokou can be rather tricky. Almost all of her spells have some kind of trick to them that you really have to figure out, or they will repeatedly murder your face.

MoF: You get a decent amount of bombs, but only one more life than in EoSD. Suwako herself seems really hard at first, but is actually fairly managable once you figure out the tricks to her spells.

Survival spellcard spam, but if you can deal with that, Suwako is one of the easier EX bosses.

SA: midboss!Sanae is really tough and drops no Power whatsoever, so you likely will die to her at least once unless I just suck exceptionally hard at her first spellcard.

Koishi herself is also tough and not very forgiving (although her non-spells are pretty easy), and Danmaku Paranoia can go die in a fire.

Coupled with the fact that you get no Extends whatsoever until well into the fight with Koishi, I'd call SA Extra the hardest.

UFO: Nue herself seems rather easy (although I'm prone to screwing up on her for some reason), but the stage part itself is tough as nails and personally, I just can't deal with midboss!Kogasa. Also rather stingy with resources despite the fact that UFOs exist and Kogasa drops a 1up after the encounter.

TD: Mamizou isn't immune to Trance. lololol

midboss!Nue is probably the easiest EX midboss I've ever seen, but Mamizou herself is of moderate to challenging difficulty - it's just that you can actually skip roughly two of her spells via Trance if you can't deal with them.

DDC: Gives you a lot of resources, but Raiko is pretty tough. There aren't really a lot of tricks to her spells, though; they're mostly skill-based.

Personally, from easiest to hardest, I'd say:

- PCB

- EoSD

- MoF

- DDC

- TD

- UFO

- IN

- SA

Edited by Scarlet

Uh, I was worried about you beating me in SA, but that's already over. Also, we were talking about scoring here, and SakuyaB has too much of an advantage in DDC.

Uh, I was worried about you beating me in SA, but that's already over. Also, we were talking about scoring here, and SakuyaB has too much of an advantage in DDC.

Well you still best me in that. ;n;

Lame.

Actually, before that, do you think going for a Hard Mode would be a better idea than going for Extra?

My last attempt at Ran still had Princess Tenko roadblocking me, but well, if I can capture Sinker freaking Ghost, Princess Tenko might not be so evil anymore. I've still made the most progress in DDC out of them all, but her unseen spells are probably much tougher than her earlier ones. As for EoSD, I've yet to attempt Extra with the Vsync patch, and Laevateinn might not roadblock me anymore after seeing Kalas-chan clear it. Finally, I might just MarisaB cheese through MoF Extra before trying any of the others :P

I like how TD is now in the second half of the list whereas it was your first suggestion when I asked you like, last year.

Edited by Railgun

Actually, before that, do you think going for a Hard Mode would be a better idea than going for Extra?

No, I too started clearing Extras before 1ccing Hard Modes.

Extra in itself is harder than Hard (but not Lunatic), but in the end it's just a single stage that you have - compared to the regular Arcade Mode - a lot of resources for. So beating Extra Stages is actually good practice for Hard Mode!

Finally, I might just MarisaB cheese through MoF Extra before trying any of the others :P

Sure, go for it. It's a good opportunity to get an idea of what Suwako's gonna throw at you, at least. xD

I like how TD is now in the second half of the list whereas it was your first suggestion when I asked you like, last year.

That's because it's the first Extra I cleared at all (SA Extra is the second, in fact), but people and their view of things change. xD

*awesome Marisa analysis by Proto*

I like how ZM completely ignored my comment about Sanae's gentleness

I see.

*blushes* I-I was tired...and Sanae's always gentle with me.

I'll send some with PM now, be patient ok?

Yessir.

Marisa was probably at her best in EoSD and MoF.

EoSD MarisaA is just really damn powerful, enough to destroy even Flandre's spells withhin seconds, especially when shotgunning. That, and being fast in EoSD is often quite useful, actually.
MoF Marisa has, aside from a ridiculously damaging bomb:
A: A very strong shot that you can adjust the spread-to-damage ratio of at any time
B: Strong, piercing lasers that would be pretty useful even without the Lv3 Laser glitch
C: Options that allow you to "shotgun" bosses from across the whole screen and basically allow you to be at two places at the same time during the stage parts.
Mind you, Reimu in MoF is by no means bad either, but Marisa in this game is amazing.
I think I'll go through EoSD with MarisaA. I always used ReimuA.
Edited by ZeeEmm

Sickness no fun.... :( *hugs*

I decided to give every Touhou character a Number Card from YGO.

So far I'm at

Number 74 Master of Blades - Sakuya

Number 19 Freezadon - Cirno

Number 11 Big Eye - Satori

Edited by Zak Something Something

Wow, compared to the other games, EoSD Lunatic's bullet density doesn't exist. I made it to Stage 6 on my very first try lol.

Whoa, seriously? What kind of difficulty does it have instead?

Oh, by the way!

I just did. :newyears:

(Right-click and choose "save as".)

Oh snap, wow! I never actually thought of moving vertically in the corners; I always turned instead which later required bombing. Was the pattern memorized or purely reactive? If it's the former, I'll probably try to capture it as well. If it's the latter, that was truly an amazing performance!

Also, giant Reimu's victory dance looks far more satisfying than normal Reimu's.

Ugh. My skill is fluctuating. Earlier I could get to boss MURASA, but now I can't even get past Ichirin. Might be this sickness...

Where exactly are you losing more lives at? Ichirin herself, or during the stage parts? Or are you collecting fewer life pieces instead?

I'm glad that I beat Kogasa! Now I'm waiting for Proto to analyze a replay I just sent him.

To summarize: ZM played far more awesome than I expected. Now I really want to analyze his SA replay when I'm notbusy.

To summarize: ZM played far more awesome than I expected. Now I really want to analyze his SA replay when I'm notbusy.

I hope that means you didn't expect me to fail. :Kappa:

That sucks, Kalas. Hope you feel better.

Sickness no fun.... :( *hugs*

Get better soon, Kalas. ;/

Thanks you guys. Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

Where exactly are you losing more lives at? Ichirin herself, or during the stage parts? Or are you collecting fewer life pieces instead?

Both, I think. On my better runs, I had five lives by Ichirin, but I keep screwing up.

I wish I could impress people like that :Knoll: