• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

I hope that means you didn't expect me to fail. :Kappa:

Not fail fail, but I wasn't expecting too much from SA, considering how difficult it is.

Wait, there is actually a Kappa emote? How is that a Kappa?

Both, I think. On my better runs, I had five lives by Ichirin, but I keep screwing up.

Five lives isn't too bad, but you could definitely get more if you hog those red UFOs more.

I wish I could impress people like that :Knoll:

You already did. You captured Ripples of 495 Years. That's really amazing!

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Five lives isn't too bad, but you could definitely get more if you hog those red UFOs more.

You already did. You captured Ripples of 495 Years. That's really amazing!

I'm kinda trying to balance out my bombs and lives, but you're probably right. Still, urgh those unchanging non-red ufos...

but that was with 80% slowdown not good enough. :Knoll:

Not fail fail, but I wasn't expecting too much from SA, considering how difficult it is.

Wait, there is actually a Kappa emote? How is that a Kappa?

Yeah, me neither.

Nitori emote stat

Whoa, seriously? What kind of difficulty does it have instead?

It's mostly just the patterns being a bit more tricky, but without bullets being lightning-fast and bullets being really dense it just isn't the same. Had I not played like an idiot in Stage 4 I could probably have 1cc'd it. xD

Oh snap, wow! I never actually thought of moving vertically in the corners; I always turned instead which later required bombing. Was the pattern memorized or purely reactive? If it's the former, I'll probably try to capture it as well. If it's the latter, that was truly an amazing performance!

Some of it was memorized, some of it wasn't. The opening in the small knives always seems to start to the right, so you want to be as far left as possible once the spell gets to that point. I think I actually messed up; I'm pretty sure going through the small knives instead of following the path shouldn't be needed at any point, but it's possible on Normal, so yay. xD

Basically, the path just doesn't give you enough room to stream if you keep moving forward, so you pretty much need to make a quick move backwards now and then when there's a short pause in the aimed dagger waves to give yourself more room.

Also, giant Reimu's victory dance looks far more satisfying than normal Reimu's.

xP

I also discovered that there actually seems to be a trick to Most Valuable Vajra - the path you take during the spellcard determines where the origins of the lasers will move (it's easy to miss, but notice how every so often during that spellcard, a faint red spellcard circle appears around you). So that means that, yes, if you do the first thing any sane player would do and keep your distance from the center, dodging the lasers becomes 100% impossible because they will crush you against the edge of the screen and/or overlap in a way that cannot be dodged if you do.

However, this means the few scattered bullets Shou fires to keep you away from the center actually are very non-trivial, as in order to avoid getting crushed by the lasers, you have to stay stupidly close to Shou, and even then dodging the lasers requires very quick reflexes.

Even now that I actually understand how Most Valuable Vajra works, I still cannot capture it.

So while it may actually be possible (in theory), I stand by my previous assessment that it's batshit insane and by far harder than anything any of the Lunatic modes throw at you lol.

I'm kinda trying to balance out my bombs and lives, but you're probably right. Still, urgh those unchanging non-red ufos...

If you have a choice between red and green UFOs, it's usually better to go after the red ones unless you know there's something up ahead that you really need full Power for (and thus can't afford dying).

Also, if you have only one red UFO token, and there's both a static blue and a static green one on-screen (there are a few places where that can very plausibly happen), it's usually a good idea to just collect both of them and summon a rainbow UFO. Not only will that give you a huge score bonus in some instances (all those useless walls of Power items suddenly become valuable!), it will also give you two rainbow tokens, bringing you one step closer to the next red UFO!

Goal: Beat Ichirin today.

Or sometime soon.

Probably the most important advice I can give for Ichirin: Don't panic. Unzan's face and fists look really scary, yes, but most spells are really simple and straightforward if you can just stay calm. The same applies to Ichirin's non-spells; they're much easier than how you might initially perceive them at first glance.

I would recommend bombskipping Ichirin's final spell though. Lasers are easy to screw up on, and imo it's too much more effort for a Stage 3 boss.

Speaking of UFO, I tried some UFO Extra. I captured Kogasa's first spell in my first attempt. Her second one is Mt Ooe with denser but tinier bullets... yeah, I bombskipped it. Third spell was loleasy to capture. The stage parts were tough though, and I reached Nue with 0 extra lives >_>. I captured her first spell in my first attempt though! And then the second spell destroyed me...

Edited by Railgun

Speaking of UFO, I tried some UFO Extra. I captured Kogasa's first spell in my first attempt. Her second one is Mt Ooe with denser but tinier bullets... yeah, I bombskipped it. Third spell was loleasy to capture. The stage parts were tough though, and I reached Nue with 0 extra lives >_>. I captured her first spell in my first attempt though! And then the second spell destroyed me...

Yeah, Kogasa's first spell isn't much of a problem, but the second one I almost always screw up on (I have like what, 2 out of 30 attempts captured?), and I absolutely cannot deal with the third one once the lasers start to overlap, so I always bomb that one, too.

Nue's first spellcard is really easy unless you don't see it coming. It took my by surprise precisely once and never again. xD

Her second spellcard can be difficult to deal with if you picked a shot type that isn't very strong. MarisaA and SanaeB have little trouble with it as long as you realize the bullets need to be misdirected/streamed to some extent, but the other shot types can have a pretty hard time simply not colliding with the damn UFOs. xD

Edited by Scarlet

Yeah, Kogasa's first spell isn't much of a problem, but the second one I almost always screw up on (I have like what, 2 out of 30 attempts captured?), and I absolutely cannot deal with the third one once the lasers start to overlap, so I always bomb that one, too.

But it is a surprise! And one that mustn't be spoiled, since it relates to her entire purpose in life! Oh, right, yeah, you have issues with overlapping lasers. Still, though, it can be bomb-skipped, unlike how my greatest weakness is manifested in Princess Tenko >_>

Nue's first spellcard is really easy unless you don't see it coming. It took my by surprise precisely once and never again. xD

Her second spellcard can be difficult to deal with if you picked a shot type that isn't very strong. MarisaA and SanaeB have little trouble with it as long as you realize the bullets need to be misdirected/streamed to some extent, but the other shot types can have a pretty hard time simply not colliding with the damn UFOs. xD

I was using ReimuB, so yeah. Don't have any others unlocked atm. Might try to 1cc with MarisaA because she's supposedly very powerful, but her giant hitbox is very discouraging.

Or I can just forget about Nue and try some other games.

Might try to 1cc with MarisaA because she's supposedly very powerful, but her giant hitbox is very discouraging.

In UFO Normal, Marisa's large hitbox should precisely never become an issue until you get to Byakuren's first spellcard. UFO really doesn't have a lot of overly dense patterns. xD

Or I can just forget about Nue and try some other games.

Still, that's probably a good idea. As managable as Nue herself may be in theory, the stage part is just sooo difficult and tiresome to go through each time you want to have another go at her.

In UFO Normal, Marisa's large hitbox should precisely never become an issue until you get to Byakuren's first spellcard. UFO really doesn't have a lot of overly dense patterns. xD

I died a whole lot in Stage 5 due to MarisaB's larger hitbox when I tried her out. There are a lot of fireballs in this stage, and trying to dodge them in the same way that ReimuA dodges them led MarisaB to her death far too often. Nazrin's Stage 5 and Shou's first spells were also troublesome with the bigger hitbox, but I assume MarisaA will eliminate them quickly enough.

Still, that's probably a good idea. As managable as Nue herself may be in theory, the stage part is just sooo difficult and tiresome to go through each time you want to have another go at her.

I'm thinking of trying some Suwako, but I just can't figure out how to deal with her first spell >_>

I died a whole lot in Stage 5 due to MarisaB's larger hitbox when I tried her out. There are a lot of fireballs in this stage, and trying to dodge them in the same way that ReimuA dodges them led MarisaB to her death far too often. Nazrin's Stage 5 and Shou's first spells were also troublesome with the bigger hitbox, but I assume MarisaA will eliminate them quickly enough.

Huh. Personally, I don't have trouble with the fireballs as Marisa, but meh. xD

(Although I did somehow manage to time out midboss!Nazrin's spellcard by accident despite being at 3 Power)

I'm thinking of trying some Suwako, but I just can't figure out how to deal with her first spell >_>

You have to misdirect the bullets by staying close to the blue lasers (and only the blue ones). Very simple spell once you get that down.

Edited by Scarlet