• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

It probably is her toughest spell, but not by a large margin; she has a few others that come close.

Oh and yeah, that happened to me. I think the timer was at 00.53 when I Game Over'd the first time? xD

Danmaku Paranoia doesn't seem too tough though.

Cranberry Trap isn't too bad once you figure out what bullets follow what movement pattern; some are static, some are aimed in relation to you.

But how do we know which ones are which?

As much as I like TVTropes for their breezy and entertaining writing style, they don't really have any idea when it comes to these sorts of things. :newyears:

First off, they lost all credibility for mentioning Scarlet Meister as the hardest spell in the series (hint: it's not) while at the same time not giving any mention at all to Royal Flare.

Okay, yeah, Royal Flare is harder than anything I've seen in EoSD.

I have no idea what the deal with Counter Clock is; once you realize that the very tip of the lasers doesn't kill you (IIRC), it's pretty simple, just camp at the bottom of the screen (you don't need to unfocus at all). As for "And Then Will There Be None?": Yes, it looks hard. Yes, it probably will kill you the first time you see it. No, it's not a hard card once you know it's coming.

So they look intimidating, but aren't very difficult once you figure them out?

If you don't screw up your Faith too bad, it's actually not that hard to hit 100 million before you even reach Suwako, so yeah.

Whoa, that's pretty early!

Congrats!

Thanks!

In other news, I decided it was a brilliant idea to get my face torn off by Double Spoiler. :newyears:

I've cleared the first 6 stages so far (including the score requirements), with the exception of 3-4 because I have no idea how that is even supposed to be possible.

Whoa, that's really good! I had trouble with a lot of Suika's spells and haven't cleared them. I was able to clear 3-4 though. It seems to be all streaming, with annoying bullets getting in your way after the second picture.

Sinker Ghost on crack wasn't terribly fun, though. xD"

Hey, it's much easier to dodge than the original Sinker Ghost. But yeah, taking pictures of her is really hard here.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I felt that ROYAL FLARE wasn't too difficult by virtue that I bombed it.

But yeah, I almost died every single time I went up against it.

The difficulty of a spell and its importance towards overall victory are two separate issues.

For example, in UFO, I would say that the two most important spells are Sinker Ghost and Flying Fantastica. Mastering these spells will help you 1cc the game by a very significant margin. Now, both of these are undoubtedly easier than Most Valuable Vajra. But even if you are able to master Most Valuable Vajra while retaining the same skill level for everything else, it's not gonna help you too much for 1ccing UFO. All you save is a single bomb that you'd have otherwise used for skipping Vajra.

It's the same with Royal Flare. Sure, you can bombskip Royal Flare, but you can't bombskip, say, Lævateinn. If you can't handle Royal Flare, it won't hinder you too much. If you can't handle Lævateinn, you can kiss your Extra Clear goodbye until you get better at it. But does that mean Lævateinn is tougher than Royal Flare? I'm sure everyone who's faced both spells would agree that Royal Flare is definitely tougher.

Edited by Railgun

Danmaku Paranoia doesn't seem too tough though.

Oh, it is tough. Koishi's hardest spell imo. Considering how little room you have to maneuver, you have to know the exact hitbox of the round bullets Koishi fires at you or you will die. It's micro-dodging taken up to eleven.

Also, if you die to it, you'll lose a ridiculous amount of resources to time out the spellcard because the knives that are meant to restrict your movement will then just keep spawning right on top of your face.

But how do we know which ones are which?

It was the color, I believe. I forget which color is which, though, would need to check.

So they look intimidating, but aren't very difficult once you figure them out?

Pretty much.

Whoa, that's really good! I had trouble with a lot of Suika's spells and haven't cleared them. I was able to clear 3-4 though. It seems to be all streaming, with annoying bullets getting in your way after the second picture.

Personally, the one that took me the most attempts so far (aside from 3-4) is the one with Ichirin and Laser!Unzan, because it takes 6 pictures to clear and screw lasers, seriously. xD

Hey, it's much easier to dodge than the original Sinker Ghost. But yeah, taking pictures of her is really hard here.

I'm inclined to disagree. The pattern itself isn't too bad, yeah - until the anchors explode and scatter green bullets all over the place. Dodging that on top of Murasa's own bullets was hell. xD

@Fera: You are nuts. xD

Oh, it is tough. Koishi's hardest spell imo. Considering how little room you have to maneuver, you have to know the exact hitbox of the round bullets Koishi fires at you or you will die. It's micro-dodging taken up to eleven.

Also, if you die to it, you'll lose a ridiculous amount of resources to time out the spellcard because the knives that are meant to restrict your movement will then just keep spawning right on top of your face.

But ultimately, it's nothing but pure micrododging. Might be difficult to master, but doesn't seem to be easy to screw up on once you get it down.

It was the color, I believe. I forget which color is which, though, would need to check.

That should be easy for me to check, then.

Personally, the one that took me the most attempts so far (aside from 3-4) is the one with Ichirin and Laser!Unzan, because it takes 6 pictures to clear and screw lasers, seriously. xD

Laser!Unzan is evil. I don't think I ever cleared that one.

I'm inclined to disagree. The pattern itself isn't too bad, yeah - until the anchors explode and scatter green bullets all over the place. Dodging that on top of Murasa's own bullets was hell. xD

Uh, you're supposed to lure Murasa near the anchors so that you can take pictures of the anchors too...

@Fera: You are nuts. xD

Actually, I think TD perfect is more feasible than any other perfect clear. To me, the only serious obstacles are the knife non-spell (which I seriously can't handle), Laser of 17 Articles (low capture rate), and Miko's last spell (high capture rate, but possible to screw up on). I might even try a NMNTC and just spend my bombs on those. Edited by Railgun

But ultimately, it's nothing but pure micrododging. Might be difficult to master, but doesn't seem to be easy to screw up on once you get it down.

I guess, but that kind of micrododging isn't among my strengths. xD"

Uh, you're supposed to lure Murasa near the anchors so that you can take pictures of the anchors too...

That's what I ended up doing, but Aya's camera just doesn't charge quickly enough to get rid of all of them, so you still have to dodge like 4 waves at once. It didn't actually take me terribly long to clear, but it still felt like hell. xD

Actually, I think TD perfect is more feasible than any other perfect clear. To me, the only serious obstacles are the knife non-spell (which I seriously can't handle), Laser of 17 Articles (low capture rate), and Miko's last spell (high capture rate, but possible to screw up on). I might even try a NMNTC and just spend my bombs on those.

I guess. xD

Wow

Like, wow

Double Spoiler is hard. xD"

The score requirements seem kind of pointless, though. I mean, I find it hard to imagine it's even possible not to reach some of them if you manage to take the required number of pictures in the first place. xD

Its ok brother.

You've done nothing wrong

Also from reading, Minamitsu is dead and has power over shipwrecks

Wat

*sighs in relief, feeling better*

That's Murasa, yep!

*sighs in relief, feeling better*

That's Murasa, yep!

..Now of course, there might be repercussions.

Like taking away your bro status

Welp

One down next is Kogasa.

And she has different colored eyes..

Wow

Like, wow

Double Spoiler is hard. xD"

The score requirements seem kind of pointless, though. I mean, I find it hard to imagine it's even possible not to reach some of them if you manage to take the required number of pictures in the first place. xD

Considering StB was one of my favorites, I really should try DS, but never have. I should really go back and try to finish StB too, but time and priorities.