It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

No worries~ I got into amiibo collecting to have a good time, and I like helping out friends (especially SF-goers) get what they're looking for. I'm hoping to do another Giveaway in the coming months, (after I can figure out my collection a bit better, which is still missing 6 of what I want) which is why I'm loading up on whatever FE amiibo I can.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that's a good cause there! So glad you're not some dirtbag scalper. ^^

SonicSpinner: I wish I could help, but all I can say is that Reddit gets fast updates on Amiibo stock.

Call often and learn your community. Find a subreddit for your local area because most hard core collectors frequent Reddit. If you learn populations, you're better off with your collection attempts since you can guesstimate wait lines and such. When calling stores, ask about SKU#, not the amiibo name itself. Unfamiliar staff will be more likely to help out if you call and ask about "SKU# 123457" instead of "Marth amiibo".

@Ana trufax I thought I'd scalp when I first got into amiibo but had a change of heart when I saw the stress involved. Now I just want a complete NA NiB collection of the Smashmiibo, and surprise SF where I can

Well, glad to hear that, Sara! I mean, I'm not too against scalping if you're only reselling for like a few dollars above the retail price. Heck $30 was an alright deal for me when I got my Wii Fit Trainer. But people reselling these things for like $50 or $100 or more are just disgusting. Kids want these things, parents don't want to have to pay that much money for them. I doubt many would even be able to.

EDIT: We already know about Marth and Ike, but Meta Knight will be hitting stores the next few days too! I hope I can go to Best Buy tomorrow morning! I don't have to work and neither do my parents! Still sucks being unable to drive myself or move out, though. And at 24 years old...

Edited by Anacybele

Man at this point its easier to trade two $13 amiibo than spent $50 on something. It sucks about production value being so low for rarer unicorns but I can say I'm happy having made it this far with only 1-for-1 trades under my belt.

Caring about Boxes has been my undoing. I ordered a Japanese LittleMac and its killing me to know that I can't get my hands on an American one since I have now (I think) 31/36 american boxed Smashmiibo on my shelf. Its finicky but the NA box is like $20 on average and it makes me want to bash my head against a wall knowing how hard it is to get em. I traded one Ike for a CaptainFalcon though, and ive never seen a NA CaptainFalcon boxed in my area at all so it's just a trial

Yeah, seems the boxes are the undoing for some collectors due to certain figures being rarer in some regions than others and all. I'm lucky I don't care for the boxes except for Rosalina, because I didn't want to see "Rosetta & Chiko" on my box when I got it. I like "Rosalina" and "Luma" better. xP

I do like having gotten an NA boxed Ike too though, because I kept the picture and taped up the parts I tore off when I opened it so I still have a nice picture of him to use as part of the little shelf I want to make for Ike. ^^

Yay, my brother finally picked up our Ike amiibo! And better yet, he just gave it to me! I came home from school, and he just offered it!

It looks amazing, but I cannot tell what makes Ike not good though.

evqUwoV.jpg

And once more with Rosalina for height comparison! Plus, out of the box.

df7rE6R.jpg

I'm so glad he finally arrived! We've been waiting for so long!

Your Ike is better than many I've seen! His face looks a bit squished compared to mine, but that might be due to the angle I'm looking at yours in. :P

Ike IS currently the tallest released Amiibo though. lol I have a feeling Palutena will take that crown away though, if her blue glowy thingy behind her says anything.

No, just July for Palutena and Dark Pit, September for the rest of wave 5, and merely fall for the Yarn Yoshis.

Also, I fiddled a bit on my phone and this is the best I can do for a close up of my Ike:

IkeAmiibocloseup_zpspzvzwvqc.jpg

But HOT DAMN, IKE. <3 The five month wait was SO worth it.

Only Pac-Man remains. Why is that?

So I think the Walmart.ca launch proves why a 1 per customer limit is essential to these things.

Jigglypuff, Robin and Lucina were up for like 90 seconds because scalpers could add 99 to their carts.

Walmart.ca posted on their twitter that all orders exceeding a qty of 1 of each would be cancelled.

Good!

This is the best news I've heard all day. I hope that the other stores enforces this. Iwata is already trying his best to break the scalpers and this is the ultimate ticket to doing it!

Your Ike is better than many I've seen! His face looks a bit squished compared to mine, but that might be due to the angle I'm looking at yours in. :P

Ike IS currently the tallest released Amiibo though. lol I have a feeling Palutena will take that crown away though, if her blue glowy thingy behind her says anything.

I've got letters from E-Bay telling me that she is almost gone! Impatient people. Can't wait to pre-order her on Play-Asia, or something.

-----

About time that a new set of Ike's came for those who waited so long for it! Thank you, Iwata! Let's destroy the scalpers with a sledgehammer.

Edited by Pan_Chan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WRJ0NN6/ref=sr_acs_va_item_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1431729825&sr=1-2-acs

Silver Mario is NOT a retailed exclusive and stores won't take pre-orders on them. I went to Gamestop and I was told that they would not take any pre-orders on it whatsoever. So, get there early on the 29th to any retailer while supplies last!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-mario-series-mario-silver-edition-multi/7532038.p?id=1219680108931&skuId=7532038

Eye on this constantly until pre-orders go up. If...there are any.

Edited by Pan_Chan

Normally I'd have Peach be the star of the family pictures, but with Ike new and all, I just couldn't resist!

znRMWym.jpg

No one can get enough of Ike! I'm wondering if I'll ever get to training him though, I've felt really unmotivated lately. I hope I can gain energy to do so though, but it'll have to wait because tomorrow is Charter Day!

A2MxTpU.jpg

But back on amiibo topic, I hope I'll get to it soon though, I don't want to laze around when it comes time to get my ZSS amiibo! Is there any actual release date for the Wave 4 amiibo?

Heh, Carter, in the beginning, you had several more Amiibo than I did. Now I have more with even more on the way! XD 18 on hand + my Robin and Charizard preorders = 20, while you now have 12. I guess I've just been interested in more figures. lol

Yeah, I guess XD. I'm looking for a Marth and Toad, but that'll only be 14!

I've also been hoping for a chance at a Robin, Lucina, Ness, Palutena, and ZSS (and maybe Dark Pit), but it'd be so difficult to get a hold of all of those XD. Though I suppose I'm happy with my group at the moment! Happy hunting! I sure hope that lucks pull through though!

You got a Robin pre-order?! So lucky! I've been hoping for luck at stores, but it doesn't seem likely lol.

Yeah, I guess XD. I'm looking for a Marth and Toad, but that'll only be 14!

I've also been hoping for a chance at a Robin, Lucina, Ness, Palutena, and ZSS (and maybe Dark Pit), but it'd be so difficult to get a hold of all of those XD. Though I suppose I'm happy with my group at the moment! Happy hunting! I sure hope that lucks pull through though!

You got a Robin pre-order?! So lucky! I've been hoping for luck at stores, but it doesn't seem likely lol.

I know.

This is insane. D:

I've never seen anything other than the Disney stuff at Disney World get sold out this quickly in my whole life.

Edited by Pan_Chan

Yup, I sure did! I don't know how, but somehow, despite having a bit of trouble getting him to show up for me on Best Buy, I managed to get him in my cart and checked out before he could sell out! I was amazed and happy. :D

I'd like Jigglypuff too, but unfortunately, I was at work for pretty much the whole time she was available for preorder. Hopefully I can get her on the 29th, Target said she'll be available online again at that time.

As for wave five, I just want Palutena and Bowser Jr. from there. Hoping to land preorders for them too!

But we do have one interesting thing in common now! We both stumbled onto a Captain Falcon in store just by complete chance. lol

IODVtc.jpg

7hjsVb.jpg

ETgkro.jpg

7It5tD.jpg

Wheee!

My second Rosalina just arrived in the mail today after two months of waiting. Thank you, Iwata. Bought this at Amazon for 29.99 with free shipping! ^_^

That's so much better than my last one being 49.99 that was a United States one!

It's staying packaged until I get the Mario Party 10 Game! That's after I get the amiibos first!

Edited by Pan_Chan

Might be trading one of my Ikes for a Marth.

Also, Lucario spotted in KANSAS toys r us, today. Keep your eyes out and your phones active, Lucario exists again

I saw that Dedede appeared there too! I wouldn't mind buying him if I see him in the wild, he's rather funny. XD

Btw, Sara, I posted a close up of my Ike, though the quality is still bad. I can do it with my Marth some time too though, if you want since you were curious about whether it's a good Marth or a Merth. :P

Also, I still don't see my comment karma on Reddit going back up... :(

Edited by Anacybele

But we do have one interesting thing in common now! We both stumbled onto a Captain Falcon in store just by complete chance. lol

Honestly, I'm not even that big of a fan of Captain Falcon. I knew he was rare, so I took the amiibo while I had the chance XD. It a great decision though, I haven't seen one since!

Robin looks awesome, you've definitely been hit by the luck! I'd like to get Lucina too, but not as much as I do Robin. Ness, I don't think I'll ever see him.

I know, the two Captain Falcons we got at work are the only ones I've ever seen in the wild myself! I picked it up because I actually do kinda like him and yeah, he's rare. lol

I saw that Dedede appeared there too! I wouldn't mind buying him if I see him in the wild, he's rather funny. XD

Btw, Sara, I posted a close up of my Ike, though the quality is still bad. I can do it with my Marth some time too though, if you want since you were curious about whether it's a good Marth or a Merth. :P

Also, I still don't see my comment karma on Reddit going back up... :(

YEA IT'S A THING! The King is My Man, but I'm just anticipating his restock soon. I just hope his restock comes after I can make a valuable trade since he's technically a Unicorn now

It looks pretty good, i think

Reddit is...weird i dunno. You're far from a troll over there. Just post more comments and you'll be up to positives before you know it.