It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

daf54b58a6.jpg

I'm evidently trading one of these Ikes for a falcon from NY. The other one goes to SF

Also literally a response to the guy before me, a reddit I made earlier today: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2x9ll9/anyone_done_something_like_this_captain_falcon/

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I wonder if my work will price-drop all their Yoshis... We only have one DK and maybe four Peaches, but we have like a dozen Yoshis. And Zeldas. I'm going to pick up Yoshi and Pikachu eventually, so...

Man, seeing so many pictures of people's Ike Amiibos is making it harder for me to wait for mine... ;_;

Started to finally train my Falcon Amiibo.

I kept on only Falcon Punching him. He consistently used 4 falcon punches in row on me now. I'm so proud of him.

He'll be looking like this soon:

Kc0uogK.jpg

(I want this so bad)

I'd actually consider us lucky, since I've seen someone sell her amiibo for $100!

But this is STILL outrageous. We should at least get a confirmation that these figures will be restocked, so we don't have to give into the scalpers.

Meanwhile: Lucario and Pit bid is up at $80

I just saw this on Reddit.

But it's bullshit. Because I ordered my Ike way before Dec. 25th (it was Dec. 8th, in fact) and it still got delayed until spring. Don't listen to it.

I wouldn't say so, that's exactly what a few people at my Gamestop said when I asked them when Ike would get in. He said I ordered on the 20th or so, so I was good to go. You were unlucky, I've had a handful of things from GS be late (FE:Awakening was a week late and I probably preordered 6 months in advance)

It sucks they couldn't fill all the preorders, though :/

Edited by L95

Does anyone expect amiibos to have a slow-ish decrease in price outside of stores once the labor strikes are resolved for the most part? I'm probably going to be playing Smash 4 later on since my brother is hogging the Wii U day in and day out.

I wouldn't say so, that's exactly what a few people at my Gamestop said when I asked them when Ike would get in. He said I ordered on the 20th or so, so I was good to go. You were unlucky, I've had a handful of things from GS be late (FE:Awakening was a week late and I probably preordered 6 months in advance)

It sucks they couldn't fill all the preorders, though :/

My Awakening came in a week late as well, and I didn't realize for the longest time that I didn't get an art book once it did come. I now direct my business to Hastings.

Does anyone expect amiibos to have a slow-ish decrease in price outside of stores once the labor strikes are resolved for the most part? I'm probably going to be playing Smash 4 later on since my brother is hogging the Wii U day in and day out.

If there are a metric shit ton of them at the port now maybe but I doubt it as them being held up there longer is just increasing demand for them. Sides the general jist I was getting was that Nintendo hasn't even been able to send them over yet (if you go by sea kinda need a destination to port at) so as soon as the strikes are resolved those amiibos are going to be gone shortly after because of the built up demand due to prolonged absence of supply.

QZuBak.jpg

Here they are...the FE dynamic duo ready for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. Ike's got for the normal 12.99 which I've pre-ordered right away on Jan 1st as I knew that these would be gone in an instant. Marth's had to get for 39.99 at E-Bay. But...here they are. Ike's especially was an awesome buy as these are out of print now. So, I hope that you've got yours for 12.99.

Get me a Geno amiibo and I will be a happy man.

If there are a metric shit ton of them at the port now maybe but I doubt it as them being held up there longer is just increasing demand for them. Sides the general jist I was getting was that Nintendo hasn't even been able to send them over yet (if you go by sea kinda need a destination to port at) so as soon as the strikes are resolved those amiibos are going to be gone shortly after because of the built up demand due to prolonged absence of supply.

I don't think it'll be quick, but I'll probably hold off on buying too many for a while because I don't have a use for them yet. It'll be nice in five years to see if I can get a ton of them for cheap, since I like to hunt for bargains on Amazon, though it's old stuff that usually is like that.

I don't think it'll be quick, but I'll probably hold off on buying too many for a while because I don't have a use for them yet. It'll be nice in five years to see if I can get a ton of them for cheap, since I like to hunt for bargains on Amazon, though it's old stuff that usually is like that.

I see where you're getting at but it depends. If they reproduce certain ones (same model and everything) then yes they'll go down with price. If they don't (WFT, Villager, Little Mac) they'll only get harder to find and prices will rise for those ones. Now where you potentially will really get in trouble (and something I see Nintendo doing) is if they release newer editions of Amiibos like say down the line they release a new Marth or Ike in different poses then the original set will be hell to pay for.

Pff, I'll get every different Ike Amiibo Nintendo ever makes if they make more! Bring it on, big N! I'll have him all over my bedroom if it comes down to enough figures! Yes, I love him too much. lol

If I had any customizing skills, I'd also get an extra Ike to modify into Vanguard Ike... But I'd probably end up ruining any Amiibo I touch if I try do to that. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but even though I should be getting Ike from my GameStop order currently, I hope he's restocked! All Ike fans deserve his figure! ^^

Also guys, there's a new rumor that a silver Mario Amiibo will be GameStop exclusive. Saw it on Reddit a little while ago. This place is so informative, I'm glad Sara linked me to it!