It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

I thought I'd see you comment on that, Carter. Thanks! ^^

Huh, I seriously thought you would have yours today too. I'm so sorry that it's not in yet. :( Maybe yours was ordered from a location farther away? Otherwise, I can't see how I got mine first when you ordered before I did.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say much on why it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not complaining! The expected date isn't even today (it's tomorrow)!

eBay said 4-6 business days, and the estimated arrival date was March 3rd. But the last time I ordered something, it came a day early (might I add at 6 PM), so I anticipated the same thing for this. I ordered it from California, and it's coming to New Jersey.

Ah, the location I ordered from looks to be way closer. My seller's profile strongly implies that Florida is his/her location. And I live in North Carolina. Both are on the east coast.

But my estimated date was Thursday, so I did get lucky.

I need to replay my Super Mario Galaxy games now. This is making me want to. :P (of course, I still won't touch that Grandmaster Galaxy Daredevil run in the second one. Never again, after how nightmarish it was to beat it even once. >_<)

Heh, my friend and I just started up a playthrough of Galaxy 1 again~ Probably the best Mario game alongside 3D World imo.

Should be interesting to see how well supplied Marth actually is...maybe they'll actually solve the stock issue.

Edited by Gemma

I have to disagree, SMG2 is the best 3D Mario game, imo. But those two you mentioned aren't far behind!

And speaking of Marth, he's coming back in late April! I have to write that down and get my hands on him. I do want him now for some reason. :P

I hope someone here would be willing to trade a Marth in a SMASH box for a Codename STEAM marth that I'd inevitably get

Probably safest to see if they open up new preorders for that one, right? At least as far as potential supply issues go?

Yeah, probably. Though I mentioned on my FB that my birthday is soon after late April (beginning of May). :P

Keeping an eye on GameStop.com and NowInStock and Reddit and all.

Galaxy 2 is great as well, but the first one has a certain charm that I just love. Plus some of the levels give you more room to explore (which I think is part of the charm)

I liked Galaxy 2 more because I found it to be somewhat harder and I enjoyed the levels more. And best of all: LUIGI IS PLAYABLE EARLY AND THEN YOU CAN EVENTUALLY USE HIM ALL YOU WANT. :D

None of that Super Luigi Galaxy BS with multiple Luigis. lol

But Luigi having a better playable role was a big factor for me, because I love Luigi. :D I have a collection of Luigi stuff that includes my Amiibo and will include the Super Mario series one I pre-ordered!

i still want my Smash box Marth, not a CODELAME STEAM marth

I hope someone here would be willing to trade a Marth in a SMASH box for a Codename STEAM marth that I'd inevitably get

I'm 100% sure that the Marth amiibo restock will be from the Smash Bros., series and that Codename STEAM will not be getting their own amiibo series. So far, only games that can write data on amiibo (such as Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U and Mario Party 10) have gotten their own series of amiibo. I know I don't have proof or links to back up that theory, but I'm really sure they wouldn't release a series of amiibo if they don't correspond to a game that can write data on the amiibo. Any other amiibo compatible games besides those two just read amiibo data and don't write anything on them. In addition, the back of all official amiibo boxes advertise their compatibility with a game and how the writing data feature is used for that amiibo. I doubt that they'd release an amiibo series that doesn't correspond to/have a game that can write data on the amiibo.

Nintendo should stick with the idea that games that write data to the Amiibos should get their own line. This way, people wouldn't have to buy multiples of the same Amiibo in order to not have to delete any data. I'm going to have two different Luigi Amiibos, for example, in case I want to play with him in Smash as well as Mario Party 10.

I hate that pee colored stand too, but I got Link because the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors. No pee stand was going to stop me from using my FAVORITE WEAPON IN THE SERIES IN SUCH AN AWESOME GAME, HELL YES THANK YOU AONUMA AND DEVELOPERS. :D

Also...

Look who just got here for me days early!

10380916_845098258888127_162822355999170

I wasn't expecting this until Thursday, maybe Wednesday. But it's MONDAY. I'm not complaining though. Rosa and Luma can now go hang with my Luigi. ^^

Still can't wait to get Ike though. And go shopping for more Amiibos. I'm definitely going to buy some at work and check out the GameStop right outside. GameStops on military bases probably don't sell out their stock as fast as off base.

They really should have made Link's support black or something.

DAT ROSIE

*insert another mention of my brother here*

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/572524295135604736

Confirmed for late April restock for the Marth Amiibo.

YESZ

Damn you beat me to it

i still want my Smash box Marth, not a CODELAME STEAM marth

What do you mean by a Steam Marth? Are they gonna re-release or re-make amiibos for certain games?

If they re-release Mar-Mar in that sense maybe

I'm 100% sure that the Marth amiibo restock will be from the Smash Bros., series and that Codename STEAM will not be getting their own amiibo series. So far, only games that can write data on amiibo (such as Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U and Mario Party 10) have gotten their own series of amiibo. I know I don't have proof or links to back up that theory, but I'm really sure they wouldn't release a series of amiibo if they don't correspond to a game that can write data on the amiibo. Any other amiibo compatible games besides those two just read amiibo data and don't write anything on them. In addition, the back of all official amiibo boxes advertise their compatibility with a game and how the writing data feature is used for that amiibo. I doubt that they'd release an amiibo series that doesn't correspond to/have a game that can write data on the amiibo.

I don't know enough about it, but I'm going to assume that Steam will just be able to read the FE Amiibos.

nOtice how most of the Amiibo so far have the Super Smash Bros logo on the box, or the Mario Party logo on the box.

The two luigis for instance, for two unique games, are boxed in two unique boxes. My thoughts are that the two Marths, released for two unique games, will have two unique boxes

Yes, Rosa is pretty. ^^ And Luma is cute!

And yeah, Codename Steam just has you scan the FE Amiibos and they join your team. And if they fall, you can just scan them again to revive them!

I finally had a chance to go to a Target. Theres no Rosies. I thought maybe ill get insanely lucky, but alas. Earwax. Oh well..

Some kid in Target: "If you are looking for ones in particular, they dont have em."
Me: "Im looking for Rosie."
Kid: "hue."

Me: "Yeah. loool"

*Rosalina amiibo advert sign hanging over isle, laughing at us both*

I did find someone to join my now Fearsome Fivesome!

[spoiler=Hes so cute!]

4a8a1e53b38ca88b40b9ee04e05ff682.png

Toon Link > Regular Link when it comes to amiibo. Lookit him!

I found him at a Gamestop in the neighboring town of Modesto. Mine is out of Toon Links so...

The mall Gamestop didnt have any more, but he said the other location in Modesto did. They had three! And a bunch of Sheiks. But i wanted Toon Link. The employee who sold it to me was impressed when i said i had a Dedede. He was like "where did you get that?" And i told him i preordered it from my town's Gamestop. He was like "ahhh yes." He also said that Wave 3 should be done releasing and soon, (like this week soon) they should be taking Wave 4 preorders. Cuz i really dont want to have to import Robin.

...Sigh. My Rosalina ended up not arriving today :(

Oh well! Hopefully when I get home tomorrow from Concert Orchestra tomorrow, she'll be there. I told my mom to watch out if they deliver her. Rosalina not arriving today is excusable, as she wasn't even scheduled for that, but I'll be pretty riled up if she doesn't come tomorrow!

The two luigis for instance, for two unique games, are boxed in two unique boxes. My thoughts are that the two Marths, released for two unique games, will have two unique boxes

Erm, well the new Luigi amiibo (or any Mario amiibo) is released for the "Super Mario" series, NOT specifically for Mario Party 10. Also, Luigi actually belongs to the Mario series. To have Marth, Ike, Robin, or Lucina labeled under "Codename Steam" would not make sense.

It'd be more logical for them to be under a "Fire Emblem" amiibo line, but that just doesn't seem likely.

Man, that stinks, Carter. :( But she'll get there very soon! It can't possibly be more than a day until she does. :)

Waiting for a favorite Amiibo can be really hard though, I know that. Looking at you, Ike. ;_;

And I better not miss out on another preorder because of being at work. I want that Robin! Hopefully he'll have as big a window as Ike got.

Edited by Anacybele

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0303.html

Captain Falcon, Villager and Little Mac are getting restocked in Japan in May. Hopefully the west isn't far behind.

It basically says...

'Scarcity has continued to be a problem following the launch of Amiibo and has inconvenienced customers - our apologies. Please understand.
Amiibo that have become especially scarce (Villager, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, etc.) will be put back into production and distributed to the Japanese market from mid-May onward.
Production can take a few months due to fine assembly, so it'll be some time before units ship. We're sorry for the delay we have caused you and your customers. Please understand.
In the future, if there is sufficient demand for a specific Amiibo, we will make more.'

Please understand

Well either way even if they are only restocked in Japan hopefully more people here will have the opportunity to import at a somewhat reasonable price. Some amazon resellers that are based in the US but sell imported Japanese stuff usually are not too bad.

Doesn't really affect me since I don't want any of those three, but for the sake of others who do, I hope for the best for ya. :)

So, I bought four more Amiibos during my break! I didn't want to wait any longer and my work actually finally got in some new ones, including Bowser, Toon Link, Megaman, Sonic, and Sheik. Diddy Kong also got restocked. No Ike though, sadly. Gonna have to continue waiting for my GameStop one.

But now I have something I can call a collection ^^ Check out some of my Luigi stuff too! I also have the Luigi Fight Pad controller, a Luigi DS case, a Luigi DS game case, and a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon poster. :3 Luigi is everywhere here because he's the best!

11043302_845564185508201_883579002992702