It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

finally found these at Canadian retail price. Megaman is not even listed on their own online shop's website and his quality is near perfect.

hOIBanv.jpg

I like the Mega Man amiibo. I need this...

My Rosalina is positioned slightly above and to the side of me such that whenever I look up at her, all I can think is, "I want YOU for Luma army."

It's a fun image.

Fun times~

This just makes me curious for what other game series they could make amiibo for.

Kid Icarus 3?

I've never been big on Figma collection until Amiibo but i'd buy Isabelle!amiibo in a heartbeat

imagine all the DLC wigs and house things you could get with animal crossing amiibos

61HLQ0mQQJL._SL1000_.jpg

I don't play Animal Crosing, but that sounds kinda cheap.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid Icarus 3?

They kind of tried it with the AR cards but it didn't do well. Not to mention the Kid Icarus Figmas were shelfwarming for a long time before it went to scalping prices. So I don't really see Kid Icarus merchandise to do all that well.

By the way, the Inkling amiibo leak is looking legit, as Nintendo has confirmed (through the eShop) that Splatoon will be compatible with amiibo.

https://twitter.com/Dakotam4711/status/575143327487500288

Doesn't mean that it's getting its own line of Amiibo. Codename Steam is compatible with Amiibos too, but isn't getting its own line. The FE Amiibos are the ones that can be used with it. If anything, Amiibos will probably just give character-themed clothing options to the Inklings, much like they do to Miis in Mario Kart 8. If memory serves, you can customize the gear and such on the Inklings.

I only know this because I've seen the trailers and I've only seen the trailers because they were in E3 and Nintendo Directs. Just saying. xP

Doesn't mean that it's getting its own line of Amiibo. Codename Steam is compatible with Amiibos too, but isn't getting its own line. The FE Amiibos are the ones that can be used with it. If anything, Amiibos will probably just give character-themed clothing options to the Inklings, much like they do to Miis in Mario Kart 8. If memory serves, you can customize the gear and such on the Inklings.

I only know this because I've seen the trailers and I've only seen the trailers because they were in E3 and Nintendo Directs. Just saying. xP

Of course I know it doesn't mean that. I'm not stupid.

But considering how heavily Nintendo is pushing Splatoon as their next big IP I would honestly be surprised if it didn't get its own line of amiibo. They probably won't announce them until after the Super Mario line is out.

And yes, you can customize the weapons, gear and clothes on the Inklings, which is one of the big reasons I think an Inkling amiibo is inevitable. Given competitive multiplayer is a big thing in the game, you'll likely be able to save your customs and stats to an amiibo in order to bring it over to a friend's house.

I never called you stupid, nor implied that. I was just saying that that screenshot doesn't mean the leak is legit so you don't get your hopes up too high.

Nintendo is pushing this game as their next big IP? Where's that happening at? I've only seen it in an E3 and...one Direct, I think?

Nintendo is pushing this game as their next big IP? Where's that happening at? I've only seen it in an E3 and...one Direct, I think?

Yes considering it's EAD's next biggest project and they have been promoting it for a while in every direct, twitter annoucements, youtube trailers etc. You just don't see it because you aren't following it.

Edited by kingddd

I've been watching every Direct for the past five years now though. I only recall seeing Splatoon in one of them not counting E3.

But yeah, not following it at all. I'm honestly surprised at how many people are interested in this game.

I've been watching every Direct for the past five years now though. I only recall seeing Splatoon in one of them not counting E3.

But yeah, not following it at all. I'm honestly surprised at how many people are interested in this game.

Let's see here:

- It's the only game besides Smash Bros. that Nintendo gave the "Pic of the Day" treatment (through Twitter).

- It's the only time EVER Nintendo actually created a Tumblr to promote a single game.

- It was their flagship title recently at PAX East.

- Nintendo made a collage of a big selection of Splatoon drawings on Miiverse, which they showed on their various social networks.

- Nintendo has released numerous trailers of the game, including some just to explain the use of a single weapon.

They've been doing all of this periodically to make sure interest on the game doesn't die down.

As for interest and popularity, yes, it's incredibly large.

- The amount of fan art this game has for an unreleased IP is amazing. There's lots of it from Western and Japanese artists. You should see for yourself by searching the popular sites (but not without turning on the filters first, this is the Internet after all...)

- The Inkling is a very popular pic for Smash Bros. DLC. Obviously not on the level of other established characters, but definitely the most popular request for a character whose game is not out yet.

- Also on Smash, the Inkling support thread at Smashboards was made on the same day Splatoon was announced. Almost as quick as the Digital Event was over.

- Manga artist Masahiro Anbe has declared himself a big Splatoon fan and heavily promoted the game by doing Inkling artwork of his own, making a lot of his followers aware of the game. For the record, he's the creator of a manga called Squid Girl (no points for guessing why he's an Splatoon fan).

- At PAX East, allegedly the waiting time in line to play Splatoon was of four hours. FOUR HOURS.

So yeah, given the positive reception and excitement Splatoon has gotten, I think it makes perfect sense to combine it with the major success of amiibo. And it honestly shouldn't be a surprise this game has gotten so popular. Nintendo has been promoting it everywhere, and it's one of Nintendo's most refreshing new IPs (they've certainly never made a game like this one before).

Let's see here:

- It's the only game besides Smash Bros. that Nintendo gave the "Pic of the Day" treatment (through Twitter).

- It's the only time EVER Nintendo actually created a Tumblr to promote a single game.

- It was their flagship title recently at PAX East.

- Nintendo made a collage of a big selection of Splatoon drawings on Miiverse, which they showed on their various social networks.

- Nintendo has released numerous trailers of the game, including some just to explain the use of a single weapon.

They've been doing all of this periodically to make sure interest on the game doesn't die down.

As for interest and popularity, yes, it's incredibly large.

- The amount of fan art this game has for an unreleased IP is amazing. There's lots of it from Western and Japanese artists. You should see for yourself by searching the popular sites (but not without turning on the filters first, this is the Internet after all...)

- The Inkling is a very popular pic for Smash Bros. DLC. Obviously not on the level of other established characters, but definitely the most popular request for a character whose game is not out yet.

- Also on Smash, the Inkling support thread at Smashboards was made on the same day Splatoon was announced. Almost as quick as the Digital Event was over.

- Manga artist Masahiro Anbe has declared himself a big Splatoon fan and heavily promoted the game by doing Inkling artwork of his own, making a lot of his followers aware of the game. For the record, he's the creator of a manga called Squid Girl (no points for guessing why he's an Splatoon fan).

- At PAX East, allegedly the waiting time in line to play Splatoon was of four hours. FOUR HOURS.

So yeah, given the positive reception and excitement Splatoon has gotten, I think it makes perfect sense to combine it with the major success of amiibo. And it honestly shouldn't be a surprise this game has gotten so popular. Nintendo has been promoting it everywhere, and it's one of Nintendo's most refreshing new IPs (they've certainly never made a game like this one before).

If casual Nintendo fans are anything like me though, then they just skimmed over whatever that not-smash stuff was and just went looking for SMASH things. I never, ever, ever would've guessed that SquidGirl was related to Splatoon, and requires that I be caught up in the hype for that market to be really aware of it.

smashboards is smashboards, i guess.

not to say i'm not a fan of nintendo, but the only time i check Miiverse is when i'm linked there by a friend. Same goes with their Twitter, and PAX East, which i've probably googled out of serious interest twice in my life

i didn't know nintendo made a tumblr for Splatoon. I feel like with as moderately as I've been following nintendo general releases, i might've heard about this

tl;dr to a filthy casual like me who's not terribly interested in what pretty much looks on the surface to be dablob 3's better looking cousin, i just haven't been given the drive to follow Splatoon that I guess I might've at a younger age, and honestly, i've either missed a lot of the news regarding it or just haven't been interested enough to keep up. Sure i could go research it more but i feel like i've heard enough to make an informed-enough assumption that the game/series just won't be for me, and the fact that it's getting such niche advertising and interest just isn't enough to make it stand out as a fantastic game worth investing my dollar into

...Wow. Now I'm REALLY surprised.

And I'm surprised because I of course think the game looks terrible.

Yeah. We know. Please just stop this so we don't risk starting something stupid again.

If casual Nintendo fans are anything like me though, then they just skimmed over whatever that not-smash stuff was and just went looking for SMASH things. I never, ever, ever would've guessed that SquidGirl was related to Splatoon, and requires that I be caught up in the hype for that market to be really aware of it.

smashboards is smashboards, i guess.

not to say i'm not a fan of nintendo, but the only time i check Miiverse is when i'm linked there by a friend. Same goes with their Twitter, and PAX East, which i've probably googled out of serious interest twice in my life

i didn't know nintendo made a tumblr for Splatoon. I feel like with as moderately as I've been following nintendo general releases, i might've heard about this

tl;dr to a filthy casual like me who's not terribly interested in what pretty much looks on the surface to be dablob 3's better looking cousin, i just haven't been given the drive to follow Splatoon that I guess I might've at a younger age, and honestly, i've either missed a lot of the news regarding it or just haven't been interested enough to keep up. Sure i could go research it more but i feel like i've heard enough to make an informed-enough assumption that the game/series just won't be for me, and the fact that it's getting such niche advertising and interest just isn't enough to make it stand out as a fantastic game worth investing my dollar into

He's only explaining why it's plausible that Splatoon would get amiibo, not why you should be interested in it.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, March 10, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 10, 2015 - No reason given

Sorry, I was just explaining to Jave why it's a surprise to me when he said it shouldn't be. Geez.

Sorry, geez. I was just trying to explain why I was surprised.

He's only explaining why it's plausible that Splatoon would get amiibo, not why you should be interested in it.

That's what I'm getting at though; until Jave really put it into perspective of just how publicized Splatoon was, I had no idea. I think i was providing more of a perspective of a demographic rather than a perspective of myself, it's just surprising to see such popularity in something unreleased and from what i personally view to be niche.

They kind of tried it with the AR cards but it didn't do well. Not to mention the Kid Icarus Figmas were shelfwarming for a long time before it went to scalping prices. So I don't really see Kid Icarus merchandise to do all that well.

I kinda said a random game and totally forgot about the AR cards. XD I agree that it wasn't a very well received idea, though. I don't know anything about Figmas, but the fact that amiibos do things probably sets them apart from regular figures.

I kinda said a random game and totally forgot about the AR cards. XD I agree that it wasn't a very well received idea, though. I don't know anything about Figmas, but the fact that amiibos do things probably sets them apart from regular figures.

FINALLY!!

I GOT A GOLD MARIO PREORDER!! Before Reddit even discovered he went back up too. Haha, that was the best luck I ever had so far with Amiibos! Fingers crossed that this preorder doesn't get canceled! Although, I also feel kind of guilty... This might be a ridiculously canceled order I got and will find in the mail.

Edited by Anacybele

By the way, the Inkling amiibo leak is looking legit, as Nintendo has confirmed (through the eShop) that Splatoon will be compatible with amiibo.

https://twitter.com/Dakotam4711/status/575143327487500288

Oh cool! That'll be so much fun, actually. I think my niece would like Splatoon. She really wants a Wii U.

I've never been big on Figma collection until Amiibo but i'd buy Isabelle!amiibo in a heartbeat

imagine all the DLC wigs and house things you could get with animal crossing amiibos

61HLQ0mQQJL._SL1000_.jpg

Unngh id so buy Isabelle amiibo.

I want Animal Crossing Amiibo so bad. Like more Villager (like the female Villager) and stuff that unlocks exclusive furniture. AC is really a perfect kinda game for amiibo support. I also want Zelda amiibo support. F-ZERO GAME WITH AMIIBO SUPPORT, MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO.

She finally came! I cannot believe my eyes! It's a week later than I anticipated, but it's all good! Quality pics, once again by yours truly <3

for real though, it's like no one on SF can use their phone camera properly

Rosalina looks even better in person! Nice box too!

JWXeL5h.jpg

And one more with Peach and Zelda :)

4IMKB2a.jpg

I'm so glad she finally arrived! I was getting worried! Well, looks like my amiibo hunt is over. Until Zero Suit Samus is announced, I'll be saving some money!

Rosalina always makes a nice addition to anyone's collections. *giggle*

Well, we ALMOST have the same number of Amiibos now. :P I count ten in your pic there, I have nine. But once I get SMB Luigi, gold Mario, Ike, and Robin, that number will go up to 13! And I'd like to add Lucario, Marth, and Meta Knight to make 16. And of course, if other Amiibos I like are announced, I want those too. lol (And I might still give away the Zelda I have.)

Gold Luigi plz, Nintendo. :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'd go to the store in an instant to get one if that were to happen. <3
-----
605lfq.jpg
28whTe.jpg
1rCkNO.jpg
...And my Villager just came in the mail today!
Edited by PuffPuff

Rosalina always makes a nice addition to anyone's collections. *giggle*

i dont get it

*insert more talk about my brother obsessing over Rosalina here*

[spoiler=pix]605lfq.jpg

28whTe.jpg
1rCkNO.jpg

...And my Villager just came in the mail today!

Looks cool... but I'm not going to buy him. Tbh I think his face is creepy o.o

Btw, how'd you get such good pictures from our 3DS?

Edited by Forceman

I am very excited for Splatoon, so I'm happy it's looking very likely Splatoon Amiibos will be a reality one day.

I've seen some amazing custom Amiibos. 8U I need to learn how to do that lol, I want my Smash Amiibos to wear the same costume I use in Smash 4.

VP3L5M.jpgxvBPlS.jpgEiI0VM.jpg7OhSTD.jpg
Wow. These really do have no regional lockout! (It's European) Gave it some regular badge power ups. (Having enough of them) along with these abilities from swallowing Sonic and Olimar's equipment since I don't use them. Be careful what you feed to your amiibo. Once it is fed, the equipment that it had in your inventory is permanently gone! Better than having to just sell these for just some coins.
40 Pwr
25 Def
28 Speed
QNj6zJ.jpg
Upon what he learned...
-Attacking in the air.
-Using final smashes with good timing in the air.
-Using slingshots at the right time. Using mid air turnip attacks at the right time.
-Using both the dig+Bowling ball combo.
-Uses the Bowling Ball with good timing.
-Uses the Pocket that I taught him to store an item then using it later at the right time.
-Had it learn to pocket projectiles.
-Had it learn recovery and with good timing
-Had it learn mid-air strafing and attack.
.Had it learn ground strafes and blocking.
-Had it learn to throw while someone blocks with a shield.
-Had it learn Boxing Glove along with Flower pot combo.
-Had it learn to use weapons like Ray Guns and such.
-Learned to use Bowling Ball at the edge of a cliff to knock opponents down the cliff with meteor impact.
-It's always left with two/three stocks after battling 3 LV9 CPU opponents. LV50 really does it's job well.
-Have it learn to avoid stage hazards.
Only thing it didn't learn is to plant a tree and use an axe, but nobody's perfect. Even though I've done that many times and it never picked it up. Upon defeat, it learns whatever just happened automatically like it has with the Final Smash Mid-Air combo.
jTIeRo.jpg
At LV50.
This amiibo costed me 55 dollars +9.00 shipping making it 64.00. But...I'm enjoying it very much as it is performing better than the CPU 9 opponents now. XD Villager is awesome! Is why that I've got this amiibo.
Edited by PuffPuff

2pbRzL.jpgPWaL3d.jpgS2tMIk.jpg

Star Power.

Y4q45w.jpg

White aura effect. The Improved Trade-Off effect.

C1fiNK.jpg

Auto Heal effect.

nqrzPz.jpg6qW9Jc.jpgALlBwp.jpg

Hee hee...

LJkqxW.jpg

This what I gave to my Rosalina amiibo. A combination that would be for the impossible without stat loss in a certain category. But...with this...they wouldn't dare to ever mistreat her. D:<

-Lifesteal (Recover whenever you hit with attacks)

-Improved Trade-Off Ability (Start with 60% dmg, but Attack, Defense and Speed rises overtime!)

-Auto Heal (Heal 2% every 5 sec)

40 Pwr

80 Def

0 Speed