It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Mega Man's a rare? Just picked him up for regular price at my local Gamestop. He's my first Amiibo, and will probably be the only one until I can get my hands on a FE one.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Man's a rare? Just picked him up for regular price at my local Gamestop. He's my first Amiibo, and will probably be the only one until I can get my hands on a FE one.

Yeah he's up there if you actually go to Gamestops site they have him listed as online purchase only so you got really lucky if you found him in retail. Congrats : ]

He was rare during the strikes, but now, hes everywhere. Reddit /amiibi has every third thread featuring "I got a sonic/mega man!

I think they're uncommon, but not rare.

Yeah, like I said a few days ago, I got Sonic and Mega Man pretty easily at Gamestop. Toon Link isn't that rare anymore, either. There's actually been a Toon Link available at my Target for two whole days now without anyone snatching it up. I mean, sure, that's not like the Kirby that I'm pretty sure has been the same one there since January at least (or all the Marios and Peaches and other ultra-commons. I'm singling out the Kirby because for over a month it was the only one of him we had so I knew for certain it was the same one the whole time), but a few weeks ago you wouldn't see a Toon Link last an hour on the rare occasion we got one. Sheik's still a bit rarer, but we've gotten a few of her on two separate occasions this month.

I managed to meet somebody who's willing to trade me their Lucario for my extra KingDDD (exactly why I had ordered two). I'll probably round out my Common/Uncommons this weekend when we meet up for the trade.

Mac/Pit/Marth/WFT/Villager/MetaKnight will be the last ones I'm missing then.

Missing Sheik/Bowser/Diddy for Commons

Edited by Sara.

k6E6xA.jpg

Did find a critcal hitter tie that was fed to this amiibo.

Pwr +40

Def +30

Speed +32

rQpQzU.jpg

The eternal blue of defending!

G9ItwE.jpg

It does everything perfectly. It does use the combo sword move alot...too. It's ready for Code Name S.T.E.A.M now. This amiibo costed me 39.99.

y6VYPX.jpgpcKM07.jpgsGSK6w.jpg

Pwr+50

Def +20

Speed +50

I think this is a good combination for a galactic bounty hunter. Skating traction for Speed Booster and that her jump abilities are doubled. Couldn't give my created fighters this combo since their stats go straight to hell if I do. It can do everything that a CPU 9 one can and even better! This amiibo costed nothing since I've traded my Smash Mario one for it! Only because I'm getting different Mario amiibos when they come out!

Edited by PuffPuff

Nice collection, Taco! And you also have the ones I've been looking for XD! Ike, Marth, Pit, Shulk! I feel like everyone here has been having incredible luck lately! All I could find is Captain Falcon, everyone else I have is common. Except Rosalina, but I don't count her.

Ike's amiibo is tall! Taller than I thought it would be. I would ask if you'd know if his is taller than Rosalina, but I see you do not have the latter.

Nice collection, Taco! And you also have the ones I've been looking for XD! Ike, Marth, Pit, Shulk! I feel like everyone here has been having incredible luck lately! All I could find is Captain Falcon, everyone else I have is common. Except Rosalina, but I don't count her.

Ike's amiibo is tall! Taller than I thought it would be. I would ask if you'd know if his is taller than Rosalina, but I see you do not have the latter.

All I find are Samus ones in my area which isn't common in much stores which I've picked one up through a trade in. :D

-----

Nice collection, Taco. I'm only getting certain ones as the other ones I want are too overpriced and don't feel like getting them since they aren't all that desireable. I'm only considering amazon, ioffer and ebay only if it is what I really want. But...congrats on getting these for 13 dollars. :D The Ike one is my luckiest buy by far.

------

I also like to sit my amiibos around the house, like I would sit my Ike and Marth ones in the bathroom on the counter, the Rosalina on top of my dresser drawer by my bed. Yep!

Edited by PuffPuff

I never realized how nice Marth and Ike look side by side

I also like to sit my amiibos around the house, like I would sit my Ike and Marth ones in the bathroom on the counter, the Rosalina on top of my dresser drawer by my bed. Yep!

That's really cute~ Amiibo are everywhere! :D

Aye, these Amiibo prices are getting insane. I saw a Meta Knight at a trade show... for $60. Yeaaah.... no. I'm not willing to spend _that_ much for him. Also hating how Nintendo just flat out refuses to reprint the lesser-known characters in favor of more Mario and Zelda (Yes, I understand that those two are the main big sellers. Doesn't mean I'm okay with it.)

In other news, I did accidentally end up with two Fox amiibos. I'm probably going to open up one of them for myself and thinking about what to do with the spare one. I'm thinking about giving it away, but I've no idea where to get started.

I've heard of people trading amiibo before. It might be a good thing to do with your Fox, especially if there's another uncommon amiibo you're looking for. (at least, I'm pretty sure Fox is considered uncommon nowadays)

Thanks for the categories, Sara. Note to self: Grab Ness ASAP. I know how EarthBound / Mother merchandise is a rarity.

Hrmm... darn. I think I might be kinda screwed. I only really have one rare to theoretically trade for. And I already have Dedede.

Still, if I can't find a decent amiibo trade that's fair for both parties, I could just give it away if someone wants him. I just need some time to set things up for it.

Edited by SpaceRipper

Thank you based Elie~

I agree that all the FE characters will be rare, but maybe that's just me.

There are some other places with rarity charts (like IGN http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-amiibo-figurines/Amiibo_Rarity_Guide) but the general categorization seems very similar. There's also an entire subreddit for amiibo trading, /r/amiiboswap, you might want to check out too.

Edited by Gemma

For what its worth, /r/Amiibo updated the Wave 4 information based on released production line documentation of Wave-4ites. The information isn't entirely unfounded. We know that they were produced for the term of 1 month (Ness and Lucina), but we don't know how many were produced in that month.

Others like Toon Link, had 3 months of production, for instance.

Thanks and actually now that you mention it my sister (she also has Kirby and Pikachu I got them for her during Christmas) has Rosalina (birthday gift for her) and I did a height comparison.

20150317_180753.jpg

As you can see even with the crown Ike is still a good bit taller. He's possibly the tallest amiibo out currently.

-----

Nice collection, Taco. I'm only getting certain ones as the other ones I want are too overpriced and don't feel like getting them since they aren't all that desireable. I'm only considering amazon, ioffer and ebay only if it is what I really want. But...congrats on getting these for 13 dollars. :D The Ike one is my luckiest buy by far.

------

Thanks the only ones I kinda payed extra for through Amazon were Captain Falcon, Pit, and the Rosalina I got for my sis for her birthday. The Cap was about $30, Pit $40 (probably overspent on him), and Rosalina $40 (although I feel less bad since it was a birthday gift after all).

Robin and Lucina rare? I don't know, Awakening got to be a pretty popular game, I can see them being uncommon, MAYBE semi-rare.

Maybe less rare than Marth and Ike but Niche nonetheless they are FE characters after all.

7c3099e968.png

Hmm, that's weird! I'm beginning to think my stores are the ones having wacky stock issues.

Captain Falcon is the only luck I've been having so far. I have never seen a Mega Man or Sonic amiibo in person, but I've seen Diddy Kong and Link just about everywhere I go! I see them more often than I do Pikachu!

And about those rumored Wave 3 restocks, I sure hope they're true! My brother loves Dedede, and that could handle a birthday present I've been meaning to get him! And then I might finally be able (with extreme luck) be able to find Shulk!

Despite my hatred for Lucina in Awakening, I'm thinking of getting her and the Robin amiibo when released! They look so nice, and I'll finally have a Fire Emblem amiibo!

Thanks and actually now that you mention it my sister (she also has Kirby and Pikachu I got them for her during Christmas) has Rosalina (birthday gift for her) and I did a height comparison.

20150317_180753.jpg

As you can see even with the crown Ike is still a good bit taller. He's possibly the tallest amiibo out currently.

Wow! And I thought Rosalina was a tall one! I was just comparing her to Captain Falcon, it was the crown that made her taller. But Ike... wow!

I can't wait until our order arrives!

Ike is definitely the tallest Amiibo in the Smash group so far, I saw a picture of him alongside all of the others and yeah, he beats them all in height! Yay Ike! XD I really can't wait to get him, especially if mine looks as good as yours, Taco!

Ike is definitely the tallest Amiibo in the Smash group so far, I saw a picture of him alongside all of the others and yeah, he beats them all in height! Yay Ike! XD I really can't wait to get him, especially if mine looks as good as yours, Taco!

I got to say the quality on Ike is certainly good I'm surprised the amount of detail they were able to get on him. The cape even has all the markings on it from the game and the sword is done pretty meticulously for such a small figure.

Yeah, though some unlucky few have gotten some really derpy-faced Ikes lol. I saw a couple pics on Reddit and I just wanted to crack up at how hiliariously bad those faces were. XD

So yeah, that's why I say I want mine to look like yours, cause I don't want a derpIke. :P

Hmm, that's weird! I'm beginning to think my stores are the ones having wacky stock issues.

Captain Falcon is the only luck I've been having so far. I have never seen a Mega Man or Sonic amiibo in person, but I've seen Diddy Kong and Link just about everywhere I go! I see them more often than I do Pikachu!

I've actually seen plenty of Sonics in some stores, (Walmart, Toys R Us iirc) have yet to see a Mega Man though. For the most part, I think the amiibo listed as "uncommon" on that list are actually still very easy to find, they're just not in every type of retailer consistently for some areas.