It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ana if you want to share some of your little mac wealth my way, im totally game :3

Holy beans I saw screenshots of trade bait gold mario on shelves today

Sorry, I didn't buy any of them... I don't really have an interest in Little Mac. xP

And yeah, but nobody can actually buy the Gold Marios yet, as Walmart is super serious about sticking to street dates. But damn, watch people try to hide these things and come back for them later...

I've actually seen plenty of Sonics in some stores, (Walmart, Toys R Us iirc) have yet to see a Mega Man though. For the most part, I think the amiibo listed as "uncommon" on that list are actually still very easy to find, they're just not in every type of retailer consistently for some areas.

I guess so! My hope goes all to Ness, Lucina, and Robin! That'll be quite a bit of money (seeing as I have no primary way of earning money XD), but I'll just have to do some extra chores to make up that lost money.

I was debating whether I should get Diddy Kong, but after seeing him everywhere, I've just decided to let him go. He looks really common (at least in my area).

I don't work Friday morning, so I wonder when I should go to Wal-Mart if I want a chance at getting Gold Mario. Being open 24 hours makes it hard to tell (I could just go at midnight and camp out for the night, but I don't know if Wal-Mart kicks you out if you loiter around their store for 4-8 hours (and, even if they don't, the wait would get pretty boring pretty fast).

Definitely should've preordered, but I had just paid my rent and didn't have the spare money during the brief window when Gold Mario preorders were open, and with all the cancellations I'm not sure if preordering would've helped.

You really should have tried to pre-order, Steve. xP Walmart doesn't charge you right away, for one thing, they charge you when your order ships. For another, the cancellations have pretty much been due to using Paypal or ordering multiples. So as long as you don't use Paypal and you only order one Amiibo, you're most likely safe. I've had my preorder for seven days now, and it's still there. I ordered only one (I don't want anymore than that lol) and I don't use Paypal. And the only time I've ever had trouble with my debit card is when I mistakenly swipe it wrong at the register. lol

But of course, there STILL could be cancellations due to not having enough Amiibos to fill them, so I'm checking my email every day for shipping confirmation or...well, cancellation. Still got my fingers crossed for the former, of course.

EDIT: Also, just as I suspected, someone managed to get their hands on the damn thing early... Sigh. The person posted a pic on Reddit.

Edited by Anacybele

I guess so! My hope goes all to Ness, Lucina, and Robin! That'll be quite a bit of money (seeing as I have no primary way of earning money XD), but I'll just have to do some extra chores to make up that lost money.

I was debating whether I should get Diddy Kong, but after seeing him everywhere, I've just decided to let him go. He looks really common (at least in my area).

Heh, I'm looking out for Wario and Lucina. Hopefully they'll announce the release dates and such soon...

Yeah, Diddy Kong is extremely common in my area, there are tons of him everywhere. It's actually kinda surprising :O

Apparently, a lot of stores aren't getting a lot of stock of Mario Bros. Bowser. So, either he might end up being rare, or Nintendo is holding off until Smash Bros. Bowser has been available for longer before making his new version more plentiful. I probably should have pre-ordered Mario Bros. Bowser, now that I think about it. Hopefully, I can get one. If he's not at Wal-Mart when I go to check for Gold Mario (which I also probably won't be able to get), I'll check at the Target I work at when it opens.

Again, though, this is probably just because of how recently Smash Bowser was released, so, even though Bowser is my favorite Nintendo character of all time, I'll hold off for awhile before buying his Mario Bros. Amiibo online if I can't get him in stores.

~i should go buy a Bowser amiibo before smash ones run out and get replaced with dumb mario party ones~

I think the Mario Series Amiibo will become the standard for Mario characters, and not just for Mario Party. Also, some of them look way better than their Smash counterparts due to not having to stick to the Smash artwork for their design (Luigi, for example, has one of the dumbest poses of any Smash Amiibo I've seen, but his Mario Series Amiibo looks great). Also, if more of Nintendo's series get their own Amiibo lines (which probably will happen at some point), I forsee their Smash Amiibo getting phased out (so no more pee-stand Links if a Zelda Series line of Amiibo comes out, for example).

Got my Lucario! :D He doesn't have the derp-leg I've seen on some people's Reddit pics either, yay. lol (it's when the front leg is oddly jetting outward a little)

10414910_853393558058597_607424055285700

Now I have ten Amiibos, including two that are considered unicorns (Rosalina and Lucario)! Heh heh. Although I had to get those two for above retail price. But Gold Mario and Ike, who should also be rare/unicorn, I'll be getting at retail price (I don't really see Walmart canceling my Gold Mario preorder at this point since they haven't already. In fact, they should be charging me any time now. ^^). :3

Hopefully the same will happen with Robin too, though I still think he'll just be uncommon/semi-rare.

Well, he's cheap by Unicorn standards, but good luck paying less than $30 for him once international shipping rates get factored in (and US Ikes, which have cheaper shipping, are next to impossible to get for less than $30, too).

According to the Amiibo subreddit, he has a rumored restock sometime in the future, but I don't know how credible the rumor is (Meta Knight is rumored to be getting a restock, too. If both of those rumors are accurate, then perhaps Lucario will be the only Wave 3 that will still be a pain in the ass for me to get)

People STILL think the Ike restock is a rumor? It's NOT a rumor, it's for real. Why else would I still have a preorder that my GameStop said they would fill as soon as the next wave gets there? I got this info from my mom who got it from our local GameStop guy. Thankfully, we've got a pretty knowledgeable dude running the register there, so I can believe what my mom said.

My Lucario only cost $28, free shipping on Amazon with Prime. I recommend getting him that way.

Edited by Anacybele

People STILL think the Ike restock is a rumor? It's NOT a rumor, it's for real. Why else would I still have a preorder that my GameStop said they would fill as soon as the next wave gets there? I got this info from my mom who got it from our local GameStop guy. Thankfully, we've got a pretty knowledgeable dude running the register there, so I can believe what my mom said.

Bear in mind that some people are being told by gamestop in their areas that there is no restock, and some people are being told by gamestop in their areas that there is a restock. The piles and piles of conflicting information are what's causing the incredible skepticism.

There's two gamestops in my town, and i've been told by one that Ike is being restocked for STEAM, and the other told me that only Marth was, and that Ike was not. It's difficult for anyone to believe at this point

Edited by Sara.

What? I've never heard this before. But we should also keep in mind that some GameStops have clueless employees and others have folks that actually know what they're talking about. Another thing, Reddit also showed a GameStop document saying that preorders for Ike and Dedede that were put in past the 25th of December would be delayed until spring and summer, respectively. It just forgot to mention that some unlucky few that DID order one or both before the 25th, like myself, would also have their orders delayed.

Also, my GameStop only got two Ikes according to what my mom learned there. That's so ridiculous, they honestly HAVE to be getting more.

The subreddit says it's just a rumor. If nothing official came from Nintendo, it's possible that there are only going to be enough Ikes restocked to fill the remaining preorders.

There's pre order refills and then theres availability for the masses. Remember the..300 little macs that america got for their Mac restock? That's hardly what id call reputable and reliable

That's possible too. But the reason Nintendo might be keeping quiet there is that the restock could be coming from what was being held up at the western ports during the strikes. I've heard that some GameStops didn't get ANY Ikes, and this would explain why. But why it would have to take so long for those shipments to finally arrive, I don't know.

Whoa! We were just talking about Ike and I won him on Ebay. At $33 (including shipping), he's the most expensive Amiibo I've ever bought, but that's still less than I've seen him go for in other auctions. Now, assuming none of my recent auction victories were scams, I now only need Marth, Little Mac, Pit, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, and Lucario of the Amiibo that have been released so far. Those Wave 2 Unicorns are ridiculous, by the way. I don't think I've ever seen one sell for below $50.

Wow! $28? Thanks for sharing with us! That's so incredibly awesome! I just can't explain how much I care right now!

And thanks for reminding me! I forgot about how much you paid when you posted just about 30 minutes prior! Yep!

Edited by Carter