It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Actually, America has gotten more stock than other parts of the world. But that just says even more about the demand here. I mean, if the demand here is higher than anywhere else in the world and America got the most stock of any region anyway... Yeah. ._.

Also, fuck August Ike releases. I'm ordering him online if I have to wait FOUR MORE MONTHS for my preorder otherwise. I can understand that time is needed to make enough figures to meet the demand, but forcing those who preordered in early December to wait until August as well is just unfair.

GameStop doesn't have Ike listed anymore though. I checked for him a little while ago. Nowhere to be found. I hope this means that that August date is being bumped up to late May or something.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Ike and DDD were up this morning (I checked about 5 hours ago), and they're both mysteriously absent now...

Yeah, it's very odd.

If I were Nintendo, I would do this: set aside one group of Ikes that are strictly only for delayed preorders and send them out as soon as enough are made. Then proceed with the figures that will be released in stores in August. This way, people with preorders that were promised in February won't wind up waiting several more months. I actually had gotten a phone call saying I could pick up my Ike on Feb. 25th. But my GameStop wound up short of enough figures. I blame Nintendo for misleading them, because the guy at my GameStop was really really sorry that I got a call and no figure.

Edited by Anacybele

America gets more stock because the population is larger, specially when you take into account it includes, North, Central, and South America.

I've just found out that the Gold Mario amiibo does give different things than the Regular ones and they are...

-Gold Cart (Mario Kart 8)

-Gold Token (Mario Party 10)

It allows Mario to become Golden and breaking the game. Don't want to get a regular one and repaint it, because it will not offer these bonuses. XD

Edited by PuffPuff

Woohoo, score one Charizard (on Walmart.com). :3

I don't like Charizard at all, but I thought of a good idea for a custom for it:

Liza_Charla.png

Her name is Charla! Seriously, Charizard just looks that much better with a pink bow on its head. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

SHIT!

Lucina and Robin are already cleaned out! But...I did score a Pac-Man amiibo! Go ahead and Pre-Order, they don't charge your card until the day it comes out!

Yay!

A Pacman! :3

Edited by PuffPuff

SHIT!

Lucina and Robin are already cleaned out! But...I did score a Pac-Man amiibo! Go ahead and Pre-Order, they don't charge your card until the day it comes out!

Yay!

A Pacman! :3

Lucina and Robin were up at WalMart.com yesterday for three minutes.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/where-get-amiibo-pre-orders-nintendos-latest-release-sells-out-quickly-429681

Here is the news of them all. Ness and Greninja are not even on the websites. Hampering us from buying them on foreign amazon sites will make getting these alot harder. Guess I'll have to pay a scalper for Ness. Jigglypuff can pick up at store on release day. Lucina and Robin are going to be a handful that I might have to find a haggling price for them at second party sites. Play-Asia had them, but their gone!

Got

-----

-Pac-Man

Left to get

-----

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Robin

-Lucina

9pXrWn.jpg

It struck. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

Shameless Self Advertising: If anybody has a Lucario/Pit/WiiFit that they're not interested in keeping, could I offer something of equal value for yours?

TrU has had a few instances of leak, but Preorders in store go up in four days fro Greninja

Edited by Sara.

Close look at the Splatoon amiibo:

CDIYOIOWAAAMox1.jpg

CDIYOIRWYAMOlmk.jpg

These are easily among the best looking figurines so far, even better than most of the Smash ones. They're so shiny!

Glad I pre-ordered Robin and Lucina amiibo for 34 and 39.20 USD respectively -- low shipping costs even as imports and relatively lower prices than current street prices (most have street prices of 40-50 USD). Shipping on May 1st-14th (good chance of early arrival).

I wouldn't be surprised that Palutena and Zero Suit Samus amiibo preorders would sell out very early if Robin and Lucina were of any indication.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/opinion/nintendo-worst-enemy-right-now/

I agree completely.

They don't seem to care which they are actually supporting scalpers. Nintendo are going to lose customers at the rate that they are going as people have given up buying these things. I always have to bargain with the 30 dollars off amazon premium whenever I buy from a scalper. It's how I got my Shulk for only 39.99 since it's retail was 69.99. -.-

I'll have to do the same for Ness. Will be there early on the 29th for the Jigglypuff since they are still available for pickup. The 4th waves that are sold out can still be obtained from pickup. They just are no longer accepting preorders since so much happen in little time and that their niche supplies almost never meet the demand.

Edited by PuffPuff

That's a good article and I agree with it. Nintendo can't keep losing fans due to the limited supply of their non-game stuff. Amiibos, that MM 3DS (I'm glad I didn't want it), and the GC adapter, all of them are hard to find except for the actual few common Amiibos. Although I can understand why the adapter is limited, I mean, why would a lot of people buy those when they can get those cheaper Fight Pad controllers that look exactly like GC controllers instead? There's no need for an adapter at all, you just plug it into your Wii remote. And they have cool designs. I have the Luigi and Link ones to go with my Luigi Wiimote and my gold Zelda Wiimote.

But Amiibos and that MM 3DS, no excuse. A lot of people wanted that 3DS and those Amiibos from the beginning. Rarity HAS increased demand a bit, but still. I wanted the figures from the start and a lot of others did too. I see a lot of people on Reddit saying that they were buying them on day one.

I might have landed preorders for Robin and Charizard, but I have to hope I get lucky on the 29th if I want Jigglypuff. And there's the problem that's my delayed Ike preorder. And that I'd like Meta Knight and Marth as well. I might have to get really lucky to get one of those Marths that are being restocked.

That's a good article and I agree with it. Nintendo can't keep losing fans due to the limited supply of their non-game stuff. Amiibos, that MM 3DS (I'm glad I didn't want it), and the GC adapter, all of them are hard to find except for the actual few common Amiibos. Although I can understand why the adapter is limited, I mean, why would a lot of people buy those when they can get those cheaper Fight Pad controllers that look exactly like GC controllers instead? There's no need for an adapter at all, you just plug it into your Wii remote. And they have cool designs. I have the Luigi and Link ones to go with my Luigi Wiimote and my gold Zelda Wiimote.

But Amiibos and that MM 3DS, no excuse. A lot of people wanted that 3DS and those Amiibos from the beginning. Rarity HAS increased demand a bit, but still. I wanted the figures from the start and a lot of others did too. I see a lot of people on Reddit saying that they were buying them on day one.

I might have landed preorders for Robin and Charizard, but I have to hope I get lucky on the 29th if I want Jigglypuff. And there's the problem that's my delayed Ike preorder. And that I'd like Meta Knight and Marth as well. I might have to get really lucky to get one of those Marths that are being restocked.

Plus, you cannot play masterpieces with the GC Adaptar.
Plus, unlike the Adaptar, you can use these controllers in any game! The Mario one is my favorite as I love the M on the controller.
The figures are only wanted because you can sit them around your house whenever that your not using them and that can be used as a whole in any supported game!
Jigglypuff will have to take measure like the Gold Mario Amiibo except don't have to go out of town for it like with the Gold mario one. It's kind of nice to pick these up for 13 dollars as it feels like smiling after buying an item in Earthbound and giving happiness for loving characters from the past games that you've played. Only 7-9 will be stocked and am in worry that it will end up like Rosalina. -.-

Well, if you already own multiple GC controllers, getting the adapter is a much better option than buying new controllers.

Yeah, that's true. I kinda forgot that some people still own them, probably due to the fact that I no longer own one (it went missing a long time ago, I think my stepbrother took it. I don't really care though) and I just like the Fight Pad controllers better.

Close look at the Splatoon amiibo:

[snip]

These are easily among the best looking figurines so far, even better than most of the Smash ones. They're so shiny!

I'M SO HYPE I'M SO GLAD I GOT THE INKLING GIRL BEFORE SHE RAN OUT

but wow, it's great they put a lot of love in these Splatoon amiibos too bad nobody's going to be able to get the squid if they missed out on the 3-pack though

I'M SO HYPE I'M SO GLAD I GOT THE INKLING GIRL BEFORE SHE RAN OUT

but wow, it's great they put a lot of love in these Splatoon amiibos too bad nobody's going to be able to get the squid if they missed out on the 3-pack though

The squid can still be obtained singly with Japanese packaging.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nintendo-we-need-more-amiibos/

Hee hee...I've just commented on the petition for more amiibos page.

Ayanami:

Comments: Even with the strike that is happening, it still isn't good if scalpers pick them up and make money off of something that you should make. Why must some of these amiibos be single store exclusives which is even worse that foreign sites no longer accepting pre-orders from America. Why must America be in this crisis of such low supply that elsewhere are not? It's especially bad that we want to throw our money at these things, yet still don't meet these demands. Nintendo, you must do something. It's such a sad way to have to see little kids having parents to buy these off of third party sites from those sewer rats for them.

ilL7Co.jpgTee hee...single packaging.

Edited by PuffPuff

The squid can still be obtained singly with Japanese packaging.

With Amazon doing that thing where you can't buy wave 4 amiibos off of foreign sites, scalpers are going to jump all over that squid and it's going to become another Marth at the height of his scalping ordeal

Unless the Splatoon amiibos are immune to the foreign site thing, in which case that's good cause that gives some people a second chance

Well, that's my Smash set of amiibo done. Unless Wolf ends up being DLC, that is

[spoiler=I need a better camera]65RjhLQ.png

Roll on May 29th, when I get my Squid amiibo + Splatoon bundle

Well, that's my Smash set of amiibo done. Unless Wolf ends up being DLC, that is

[spoiler=I need a better camera]65RjhLQ.png

Roll on May 29th, when I get my Squid amiibo + Splatoon bundle

Was Lucina released already in the UK?