It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Oh man, I'm starting to love seeing Ike with his arms folded! He's such a badass like that. <3

But YES, I GET TO PLAY WITH HIM MORE IN FE. :D

This should've been announced internationally though, Amiibo are a thing everywhere!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes, right! Sorry, Sara, I got caught up in our garage sale today and then that pic up there with FE Amiibo in the new FE game. lol

Oh yes, also, I can pay you exactly $18 now since I made some money in the garage sale.

Edited by Anacybele

Kinda bummed they reused Robin and Lucina's portraits with the FE amiibo. Marth and Ike look so good! (And I never have really cared for Ike's design before, so that's saying something!) Marth especially though, he's got that kinda dopey-puppy look to him which is adorbs.

Now to track down an Ike...

Can we recustomize Robin to our Avatars from Awakening pls

Why would Robin and Lucina need new portraits? They already have portraits in the correct art style since Kozaki designed them.

Oh yeah, the localization team's gonna have to call up Jason Adkins again to keep voicing Ike! Keep doing a good job like you did in Codename Steam, Jason. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Because Marth and Ike, who also received new portraits in Awakening, did? Yes, they were by different people than Kozaki but I don't know why IS chose to have a second redesign of Marth and Ike while keeping Robin and Lucina looking exactly the same. Yes, they were designed to appear like their DLC classes' costume, but Marth got Lodestar specifically to keep him looking the same. At the very least we could have gotten some new poses for Robin and Lucina.

Because Marth and Ike, who also received new portraits in Awakening, did? Yes, they were by different people than Kozaki but I don't know why IS chose to have a second redesign of Marth and Ike while keeping Robin and Lucina looking exactly the same. Yes, they were designed to appear like their DLC classes' costume, but Marth got Lodestar specifically to keep him looking the same. At the very least we could have gotten some new poses for Robin and Lucina.

eh personally I find it hilarious that Marth is still using Lucina's fighting stance animation.

Redesign, redraw, bleh. It's the same thing to me. I'm just jealous that we got DLC!Marth portrait and DLC!Ike portrait and now FEif!Marth and FEif!Ike while not getting anything new for Robin and Lucina. Since they decided to go the route of "let's import these past FE characters into FEif using the amiibo!" I was hoping for something new for all four instead of recycling portraits, especially since Marth and Ike look so good. If I wanted to look at Awakening's portraits of Robin and Lucina I can just pick up my copy of Awakening for that. I just was hoping since we're going what looks like a Codename: STEAM type manner with amiibo in FEif that all four would either keep their portraits from Awakening or all four would get new portraits.

Kozaki-style Mario when?

Also, the Chibi-Robo amiibo is the cutest little thing. If he's not a rare in America I might try to get him.

EDIT: To further my point about being bummed about no new portraits for Lucina and Robin, Anna had 3 different portraits across FE6/7/8, and she wasn't even a playable character.

Edited by MoonlitSonata

Defects is something that should not happen. Defective units happen because the quality control was bad in the first place.

Seeing the Samus amiibo with arm cannons on both arms was pretty hilarious though.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Oh, my Silver Mario just shipped too. :D

I found a few of those at GameStop. Was tempted to get one, but...eh. I don't REALLY want that one. He's in the, "If I get one, I get one. Cool."

Compared to, say...Robin, Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, and that blue woolly Yoshi Amiibo.

After seeing the Direct, I need a Marth, qq. What to do, what to do.

Scratch that, I want all four of them, but I'm not paying more than retail price (+maybe shipping) for any of them, lol.

fml

Marth is definitely the one I want the most, though. ;n;

Should've payed more attention to those restocks.

Oh well.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

For those who live in Austrilia order now before these are gone!!!!

Zero Suit Samus

Ganondorf

Dark Pit

Dr. Mario

Olimar

Bowser JR

They don't deliver to addresses outside of Australia. Sorry.

PS: Tried ordering the ZSS, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and the Ganondorf but they don't deliver to other addresses outside of Australia.

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Amiibo Card [placeholders] live on Play-Asia.com

Looks like it's official! Contents include 3 cards (Zoom in on the Dark Green and Translated = Contains 3) This looks like a Mystery bag...no way would nintendo make us collect booster packs for Animal Crossing cards...would they?

CGbKkolWgAE6onB.png

source

Edited by Elieson

Bleh, mystery packs... If cards are made for franchises I do play, I don't want to see that. I don't want to end up with characters I don't like. There isn't anyone around I'd be able to trade them to.

My Charizard will hopefully arrive today... Last I checked, it was here in Fayetteville waiting to be put in the mail truck and delivered here.

If they're like $5 a bag, I might invest in a few. I just want Isabelle and maybe Tom Nook for prosperity's sake. Vol.1 will have apparently 100(ish) cards....

Ana I'm getting my break in about an hour; I'm hitting up the Post Office then to drop off your MK~

Edited by Elieson