TheMoniker plays Road to Ruin

TheMoniker

Portrait gripes

Hey, I use what I have access to. I'm no spriter so I have to rely on hand outs and open source material.

Jorin becomes a GLORY KNIGHT, which looks...suspiciously similar to the warp knight animation from Midnight Sun!

Warp knight is based off of Eliwood's beta animation which is what Glory Knights use.

Also, Prime, would you predict the addition of bow knights in the future?

Nope

A: We get a thief this chapter

B: We get a thief this chapter

C: We get a thief this chapter

D: Prime hates us

It's option D

I'm liking the plot/world speculation that's happening in here.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I use what I have access to. I'm no spriter so I have to rely on hand outs and open source material.

Okay, I get it. Still, the portraits don't seem to match up that well...

Warp knight is based off of Eliwood's beta animation which is what Glory Knights use.

Really? Huh. Didn't know that.

Hello everyone, and welcome to...

The Road to Ruin: Episode 14: Chapter 9: Part 1: Epic Thief Chase

c05Mgsz.png

Oddly enough, Jorin and Aaron actually have a talk this chapter. I had to use savestates to get it. I'll show it in the conclusion.

YvQrDA9.png

Corvan starts us off by going to tank out the initial wave on this side.

3Fxxpku.png

O'Riley BEST FIGHTER! Don't you DARE try to deny it!

s2i1wZr.png

Here's my first turn setup.

Suddenly, up top...

BiXaKlQ.png

Offscreen: The enemy is within the castle!

Hero guy: So…Othrel failed. I can’t say I’m saddened by his passing. Still, this presents a problem for us. Men! To arms! Defend Minar with everything you have! Scatter the enemy to the four winds! And above all, fight with honor!

PsgKNqj.png

Hey! Dangit, this was another one who appeared after closing the prep screen...

68ZVkGl.png

Thief lady: Things are taking a turn for the worse. Hmm… With everything busy, the trinkets are up for grabs. Why risk my life when I could add to it instead? Yeah…that sounds like a much better plan.

0NRrlPs.pngEpgnqW2.png

Meanwhile...

Gracias: To think protesting the war would lead me here. Looks like we’re in a rough spot, huh, Cornelius?

LwKV5Pv.png

Yeah, that's a good point!

Smart dude: Cells are to be for solitary confinement.

Gracias: A-as I told the last guard: My left leg is weak. If I need to walk even a moderate distance… I need assistance from Cornelius. Or maybe you could carry me?

Smart dude: Hmph, fine. The horse can stay.

Gracias: Phew, that was a close one. Wasn’t it, Cornelius? …I hope someone comes soon.

vKxlzZV.png

Looks like the thief is going to start with this room. I guess we have to hurry now...

ky7rSz8.png

1V47Go8.png

Okay, looks like her name is Marris. I guess she's the resident thief in this hack. Let's look closer...

WBD8API.pngTvX44TQ.pngfaOB2pU.png

Seventeen speed? That's insane! Anyways, most FE games give you a sucky thief at the start who has bad combat, and another thief later who has less speed, but better combat. Guess which type this is...although she did come quite a bit late. That killing edge she has will be put to VERY good use next chapter.

wv0bI65.png7HKB51I.png

Buck is so speedy! Sheesh! Also, the crystal bow is inanely handy. I would seriously recommend getting Buck one.

H1E7YZD.pngincT6jy.png

Samuel nukes this poor guy, but again fails to get a good level. Come on Samuel, I need you to be good!

RyPJk54.png

A steel longbow? But we don't even have an IRON one yet!

CQfsvuM.png

Everyone is doing okay for themselves, level-wise, but not amazing...

hC6j5gn.pngsYicxr6.png

This is actually our first steel axe. Braxton gets it.

piquGc2.png

With the door opened, it turns out this archer is actually going to move to attack us.

gqLF3TJ.png

The way is mostly clear for my left group. Now that I think of it, I didn't get enough screenshots of them...

pWsFddO.png

Hmm...

AFY7as4.pngFbrYofU.png

Man Hugo...and I have a BLESSED Hugo! He should have an advantage other than a few measly defense points! O'Riley is 2 levels lower, even!

DzAvdpa.png

Keep it up, Sylvia!

1JchfEr.png

Moneys!

Z9iGLJC.png

Dangit Vance! You need to dodge these things! Oh well, your immense defense makes up for it.

7hWT7BR.png

Although the armors refrain from using their door keys, this fighter REALLY WANTS to get that door open, but he just can't...it's kind of hilarious.

fGYGTLi.png

Huh? You're gonna retreat now, with one chest still there? Oh right, it's because you have a full inventory...she'll probably head to the right chest room, allowing us to easily intercept her...right?

AUTXAys.png

But first, the right group has to deal with this threat.

EwKtF27.pngDLlRwbA.png

Oh wow, Buck can't beat this guy easily.

sHWg6dl.pngDUF7v2U.pngWwr2Ra0.png

O'Riley doesn't crit, but manages enough damage regardless.

nsIIZXt.png

U11xmwE.png

HEY! Where do you think you're going! GET BACK HERE!

6ogQolV.png

We've got half the castle controlled, but we AREN'T halfway done with the chapter, trust me.

YibIe84.png

Over here, we've moved up. We have to VERY CAREFULLY approach that mage barricade.

YEXDsI8.png

Hey! Thief! What are you doing? Are you trying to open the doors? Or maybe...you're trying to make it to an escape route!

z46w5X8.png

4 damage from a steel weapon. Vance best lord.

vGKuB1z.png

BLOCK THE ESCAPE POINT

f0ZVxhL.pngE2NjSSU.pngyxa8FSr.png

Things happen and stuff.

hGkBq9e.png

Oh, now you're heading up there? Can you use the stairs to escape?

BGYf7Gg.png

rQEFIuf.png

Soldiers from both staircases that I can't adequately show! Is it because Marris crossed one of those invisible reinforcement lines? Either way, now we have to fight them!

WoqHAI6.png84iN6GZ.png

Corvan will now very slowly approach that armor, and VERY SLOWLY murder him.

0RScQh2.pngjMEz8nN.png

No crit? Come on!

ipvk0ac.png

Woah Buck!

MOk7k6z.png

Let's try and get Vance to Marris, shall we?

dCVC7r5.png

Annnnnd she's headed back this way.

98mS7OU.pngHfXhfMC.png

Look, another thief. Joy.

2gaT0Sf.png

That poor armor...look at those red/yellow eyes...they stare into your soul, begging for help from this miserable fate...

vkENzVC.png

Keep getting THWOMP stats, Corvan.

14XtNPK.png

Look at how smooth I am. She is NOT making it to that potential escape point.

T3xHh5j.pngtD4qECX.png

Good levels!

cGbb6Cj.png

Hugo will destroy this armor!

0qaF4LS.png

MORE soldiers! When will it end?(hint: Not for a rather long while)

ksCveZd.png

Marris just sits there this time. I had to pull Vance back, but it would be very convenient if she just stayed still for a minute...

Now, the more observant of you may have noticed something...

MIPaJdg.png

Yep.

gF1GcLT.pngGuPQuUb.png

This was my plan ALL ALONG!

RcrQCC4.png

Sylvia is the NEW crutch character, and she will do a better job than Ava EVER did!

...Once I get her a tome, at least.

incT6jy.png

Samuel nukes this poor guy, but again fails to get a good level. Come on Samuel, I need you to be good!

>Gains the one Speed needed for moderately good doubling in Ch10

>Calling it a bad level

I have no idea what you're on...

Also your approach to the chapter is so inelegant, although I'm not one to talk when I made the same mistake with Vance my first time.

>Gains the one Speed needed for moderately good doubling in Ch10

>Calling it a bad level

I won't be using Samuel next chapter

The Road to Ruin: Episode 14: Chapter 9: Part 2: Reinforcements are Coming From the Everywhere

fdZkRaQ.png

The first wave of soldiers is here. I'm letting Aaron get some action.

Also, I think Prime intentionally modified the XP for soldiers in this hack. When killed, they give very little XP, but Kristoph, our soldier, gains XP quite quickly.

VVmCBVp.pngLJCyzL2.png

Armors down!

npkCNFM.png

I forgot to show this earlier. The longbow weapons are MORE powerful than their ordinary brethren, but they lack accuracy, and that's really all bowmen have...

CvAhtLL.png

Sheesh Aaron! I see you want to catch up with Braxton...

Sdxp4DE.png

STAY STILL, YOU STUPID THIEF!

isorZJQ.png

Speaking of which, we'd best kill this guy.

kvdpxil.png

Oh yeah, and reinforcements!

hDFa2OH.png

Sylvia the UBERHEALER isn't over there, so we need vulneraries.

AlUNpBW.png

SEE THE LIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!

QNC6F30.pngdgbGYNf.png

Vance gains a whole 100 XP, not to mention some stats!

rlTFjBu.png

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

VLSV6Fx.png

6Ooozsp.png

Suddenly, TONS of reinforcements from a place where you wouldn't logically expect reinforcements! It's a good thing I got Hugo out of there!

j8o9U19.png

Okay, we're moving Vance forward again...

ORcJT1R.png

I'd like to give a big shoutout to this hero, for making my life massively harder. If it weren't for him, the throne room would be mine already, but I don't want to fight both him AND the normal mooks attacking from the side, so I have to skirt around his range.

kS7gG4q.pnggtyqf3Q.png

Irony? I think yes.

xnpzQzq.png

The soldier then kills him on enemy phase. NICE JOB, SAMUEL.

Kojwcy3.pngAwe5bBB.png

Raizen x Samuel

New best ship

wZjKyOu.png

This mage runs up from the stairs! But he's all alone, and kind of pointless...

6YR8s5k.png

Testing with savestates, Marris actually WILL escape this way! Looks like my worries weren't unfounded after all! Not sure why she was always heading up to the throne room, though...

fonF0m7.png

We block it off again. Vance is ALMOST to her, she should be recruited any minute!

6S3IMQ2.png

And then she goes and wastes a lockpick use on the door. Dangit!

m898PiX.pngadzYrXV.png

Samuel tries to prove that HE IS BEST MAGE. Hey, at least he got some defense!

4PRmW2z.png

I'm trying to move the units that were on the right side to the left side. I'm tired of being separated!

br3WtpD.png

EVEN MORE soldiers. Does it never end?

zAHi1KQ.png

YES! FINALLY! THANK YOU!

cZNSyLI.png

Vance: Just what are you doing?

Marris: Long story short, I’m pocketing some stuff.

Vance: A thief, huh?

Marris: I prefer ‘purloiner’, but yes, a thief.

Vance: You don’t like to beat around the bush, do you?

Marris: Why should I? Seems like a waste of time.

Vance: But, outright admitting to theft?

Marris: Don’t worry about the small details. These guys won’t be needing this stuff. They’ve got bigger things to worry about. I like sticking with the winning side. Keeps you alive longer. Seeing as you guys are raiding the castle, I’d wager you’re the winning side.

5tFC8tF.png

No, wait! I don't have any money, this better not cost stuff!

Vance: Well—

Marris: Of course you do. Don’t worry, you won’t regret it. I provide service with a smile. I guess I’ll get to work, then.

5nK5gon.png

Is this like Ike and that shopkeeper lady?

Vance: …..What just happened? Well, I guess an extra sword arm is useful.

BUcOa7Q.png

Vance: Is she even on our side?

aNtkKLK.png

She's definitely on our side, she changed her clothes! Well, I'm glad that didn't cost a dime. And to FINALLY have her after all that chasing. Hopefully the chests will be worth it.

QFN5zUR.png

One turn later...

PnVlnw2.png

Vance: A mercenary. So, what are you in for?

Gracia: I-I spoke out against the war. But, the people seem to revere the king. They didn’t take very kindly to my words. I was imprisoned for my own safety.

Vance: I see. Well, I’m actually working for Sybaris. If you want to escape, I’ll look the other way.

Gracia: Oh, you’re setting me free? Thank you! But, um…if I escaped, I’d have nowhere to go… I’d be mobbed by them again in no time. Um…if it’s not too much trouble, can I go with you? While I don’t like fighting, I know how to use a staff.

Vance: We could actually use another healer. You’re free to come along. What’s your name?

Gracia: I’m Gracia and I’m please to meet you.

Vance: I’m Vance. Welcome aboard.

GB9BqMB.png

She is now free...to warm the bench. I'm not using her, not because I don't want a second healer, but if I keep accepting every single unit I'll never get any of them leveled.

cIc1ObJ.png

Yup, that's an armor all right.

vJYKVIn.png

sg46TEo.png

Hugo gets an excellent level. He'll need to keep pressing that DEF advantage if he doesn't want me to drop him. Although, with all XP I've given him already, I doubt I could really drop him at this point...

pwZt5LK.png

AGGGGHHHH

f4FjnJw.png

Very nice.

H9Pefy9.png

Just LOOK at that defense!

sgpgJMQ.png

npyAjnq.png

What does this guy give?

ISiAr5p.png

Protester: Like the gal next door I was imprisoned for protesting. Most folks here seem to think Sybaris needs to be wiped out. I mean, sure, they’re a bad lot, but wiping them out? There’s got to be a better way.

Vance: …..

Protester: Anyway, thanks for all of the help. I’ll make my way out when the fighting’s done. I found this lying over in the corner. I don’t know what it is, but maybe you do?

O2lg5IP.png

This guy is very random, and essentially an eighth treasure chest, but hey, I'm not turning down free statboosters.

IOSb8G8.png

Okay, we're finally gonna kill that hero!

gGLkGgl.pngtGfk1Gw.png

Good job, O'Riley!

glzG4hp.png

Oh man, is this thing gonna be great for chipping!

sVMMCam.png

Everyone's still doing very well for themselves, despite their low growths. The RNG wanted me to end the hack on a high note, I guess.

mSbI3o9.png

Ow, that poleaxe HURTS!

X7DSvNg.png

But it's so heavy, Hugo doubles the guy!

xC0MChk.png

You're all alone now...

jso7YAU.png

This guy is pretty insane. His huge avoid and good defense means it's VERY hard to kill him, and his good offense means most units can't take more than one or two tries! We want him to keep the wind sword equipped, but only because his Tomahawk is EVEN MORE dangerous!

ta17bKl.png

Gor’zel: Let’s see how you stand up to my blade.

4VFripP.png

Very well, thank you.

IbHkeA7.png

Even Sylvia, using the most accurate of magic, isn't that great a hitter. Although, it is partially due to weapon triangle...

Qxgje3v.png

And she does hit him back. This is just great.

yD1oywq.png

Another one? Prime just sort of starts spamming these things in your face towards the end, when you won't get to use most of them. Oh well, in the future, we'll want them...the FAR future...

p3Gp6J8.png

Hey, he tried.

MKThjtk.png

Go Vance go!

vA9Y8AE.png

Not only do I not get a special convo, I also get a whiff.

uVNyPNo.png0ByYHeQ.png

Try as you might, but she will not break!

ZWKg3io.png5k9GaOF.png

Samuel! It's YOUR chance to shine! Yeah!

I'll be posting the conclusion very soon.

my autism flared off when i saw samuel getting magic and speed, some of the best shit he can get, and you called it a not good level up.

or having someone gain 4 stats, out of 7 that you could gain, which is a 60% or so increase, and you said "meh its alright"

you are getting greedy with level ups

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that my units keep raising their standards to match my greed. This will be especially evident in chapter 10...

The CHAPTER 9 CONCLUSION!

Again, be prepared for a longer-than-normal update!

NT8mwJz.pngTmbm2TO.png

Here is Samuel's level from killing the boss.

Now, for the Aaron/Jorin talk we saw earlier...

Jorin: That armor…Aksumian?

Aaron: Yes, I am. You can relax, though. I’m on your side.

Jorin: I…see. Good to know. My name’s Jorin.

Aaron: I’m Aaron. Judging by your armor you must be a knight, too?

Jorin: That’s debatable.

Aaron: I don’t follow.

Jorin: I tried being a knight once. It…didn’t exactly pan out.

Aaron: What deterred you? Basic training?

Jorin: Everything did. Everything was a turn off.

Aaron: Then, why did you become a knight in the first place?

Jorin: I’ve been asking myself that for a while now… I think…I just had an unreal idea of what a knight is. What they do day in and day out.

Aaron: So, the childhood fairytale dreams never quite went away.

Jorin: I guess… Basic training was definitely a wake up call.

Aaron: I can imagine.

Jorin: I knew everything was way over my head. So, I just…left.

Aaron: I see…

Jorin: I know, it’s not exactly a knightly thing to do. I’m guessing you fit the role a lot better than me.

Aaron: I’m not so sure. You may be a deserter…but I’m a turncoat. I’ve turned my lance against my country. There’s no honor in betrayal.

Jorin: But there is honor in fighting for what’s right. You can’t just blindly follow orders. Especially if they come from crooked officers. Some of your fellow officers massacred a village, you know. Killed innocent people.

Aaron: …

Jorin: I don’t care if they were following orders. There’s no honor in hurting folks who’ve done nothing to you. If you ask me, a real knight weighs his orders with what’s right.

Aaron: Hmm… Yes, you’ve got a point. To follow orders as you’ve sworn to do…Or defy them in the interest of what’s right… You’ve given me a lot to think about, Jorin. Thank you.

Jorin: Hey, don’t sweat it. I’m glad you’re on our side, Aaron. Now, let’s get out there and give them hell!

It's a rather long convo, but it contains some very nice characterization. I really wish more of the side characters(as in, not part of the "main four") would talk with each other.

rbJtxtJ.png

Despite being promoted, I continue to grind up Sylvia, and of course, this happens rather quickly. It was inevitable, but that doesn't change that it's also useless...

l9mITAj.pnga5gm7ok.pngzT161ya.pngjZ0ablP.png

We loot the second chest room, and get a rather paltry sum of money plus a bunch of good weapons.

e53RS7O.png

The Levis Lancea is a very good weapon that is outside the normal tier lists, and serves literally no purpose other than to be very powerful, very accurate, very light, and have a non-zero base crit, with absolutely no downsides.

GUESS HOW MANY ENEMIES WILL BE EQUIPPED WITH THIS NEXT CHAPTER

umYcACm.png

Let's leave.

4AdXH1f.pngZ69efHe.png

Vance: Looks like Raizen was right. Valamar’s nowhere to be seen.

Ava: Did you expect otherwise?

Vance: I admit, I do want to take a stab at him. But, I guess expecting him to be so close to the action, well, that’s just a fool’s dream, huh?

Torie: What’s our next move, chief?

Buck: What about Raizen and Russel? You think they’re alright?

Vance: Good thinking, Buck. We should go help them out. Okay, let’s go.

QSVzpRx.png

WHEN SUDDENLY

3b1PMqG.png

Aier: Ha, this is grand. Valamar will be a laughingstock now. My, how the mighty have fallen.

Hhnw03Y.png

Vance: …And just how did you get in here?

Hey, somebody actually lampshades the FE practice of giving enemies random warping powers for no reason!

Aier: Corpses don’t need to know details.

...But it doesn't result in it being any better of a plot device.

Vance: What’s that supposed to be, a threat?

Aier: Ooh, the tough guy bravado, I like that. How many of your kind have I broken?

Vance: From where I’m standing the tough guy act is your role.

BwIJddZ.png

????: Don’t provoke him!

xoi7lEn.png

Turns out it was Ava speaking...WAIIIITTTT a minute...

geY4W1N.png

This could probably have been predicted by someone looking closely for it, but...wow, this one actually threw me for a loop! This guy is Ava's brother!

Ava: …..

Aier: How long has it been? Seven years?

Vance: You know this guy, Ava?

Ava: …I thought I did.

Aier: That’s cold Ava. Quite cold. I thought you would show me more respect.

Vance: She doesn’t need to show respect to a snide rat.

Aier: You’re still talking? Ava, you need to control your dog better.

XUIrzzC.png

Ava: Vance, stop! Don’t do it!

ccxZGLt.png

Sometimes, I wish I could use the something awful emoticons for scenes like this. Vance is battling Aier...(icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face...)

P95Kxwb.pnge9BEMEd.png

Vance not only manages to pull out a short blade that no longer exists(and its outclassed by some of his current weapons), he also returns to his base stats! If he actually had all the stats he's worked so hard to acquire, this guy probably would have gotten his world rocked, even if he ultimately did win.

jRjpZyL.png

Aier: Hmph. Pathetic. Now to finish the job.

XFUSYvB.png

But nope, the TOTALLY CANON love interest is there to save him!

Aier: You think you can stop me, Ava?

Ava: I can at least prevent you from harming him further.

Aier: Who was the one that taught you swordplay? You actually think you can best me? Come try me.

0dGBoQ5.png

Icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a happy smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face, icon with the two hands pressed together in front of a cowering smiley face...

zNy2oey.pngF7SYd4k.png

Since we've all apparently returned to our base stats, ava does much better than Vance, even if "better" means "not losing horribly".

51vU6Rb.png

Aier: You’ve improved yourself. …..Are you the ones that uncovered Aksum’s little secret? You really made Valamar look like a fool. To see his face contort in rage…it was a good day. He wants you all dead, did you know?

0B6EFgP.png

Hurrah...

Aier: Not to mention I almost feel like I owe you one. Hmm… Ah, I have a better idea.

Ava: What are you scheming?

Aier: Swordplay isn’t all I’ve studied these past years. I’ve even acquired a few magic tricks. Your dog, what sort of fool is he? I’d like to find out.

Vance: …What?

HSBdZkZ.png

H-hey! What are you doing!

Aier: Let’s see what makes your core, shall we? …..

Oh man...is chapter 10 going to be a BATTLE IN THE CENTER OF THE MIND?

WAI5ymk.pngVdYj2VL.pngAGjsPDv.png

Aier: STOP FANTASIZING ABOUT MY SISTER YOU CREEP

ysr6DBY.png

Aier: You’ve had high ideals fit for fairy tales. You pray for justice, chivalry, and—

And...?

5Aa1afJ.png

And now we'll never know.

U9JU6nG.png

Hey! I LIKE Vance!

Vance: How…would…you…

Aier: Please, there’s nothing to hide from me. I can see everything that makes your being. What you love, what you cherish…And, of course, what you hate. That’s what I’m most interested in. Something I’d like to bring to the forefront.

Vance: Aah!

4iSz4vI.png

Ooh ooh! Do his RES stat!

wrA6Udn.pngq7wHxtP.pngiByFPlK.png

Instead of buffing us, he appears to be making the screen flash white and doing personality augmentation...

5HECpz7.pngCUKNAy3.png

We're taken out of the redzone, and back to the castle, where Vance's "friends" have done absolutely nothing to help. Come on Buck and Torie, be relevant!

TlpTdID.pngOx3FT1B.png

He was never white, he was BLUE!

Aier: What will he become now? I don’t know, but I’d like to see.

Ava: Tell me what you did to him, Aier!

Aier: You’ll find out soon enough. Goodbye, Ava.

XfxD5IM.pnguM5yeDd.png

Too late Ava, they never come back from warp powers. Nice effort, though.

isVylB7.png2yFgTv6.png

REAL NICE TIMING, GUYS.

Russel: Someone get a healer before he bleeds out!

OFkFIdh.pngu0SaYO6.png

Fade to black, but only to another talk scene.

Raizen: His condition is serious but we think he’ll make it. What happened?

Torie: We’re…not sure. I mean, Vance lost a fight against some swordfighter… But, what happened after that, I don’t know. Ava, who was he?

Buck: Come on, tell us. Vance almost died because of him.

Ava: …His name is Aier. He’s a swordsman from Geryon.

tQQW6hS.png

Torie: Say what!? Your brother!?

Buck: You never mentioned you had siblings. Is the rest of your family like this, too?

Ava: …The rest of my family is dead. …. I’m sorry…I can’t talk about it…

n9CKQPK.png

Ava rushes offscreen, WAY too fast for me to screenshot. It's hard to show some of the dialogue events in a screenshot LP.

Buck: Ava, wait, I’m sorry!

uOO25QR.pngCh5kuax.png3FjvD7N.png

Buck rushes off in a glitchy mess as well, and poor Raizen is left all alone.

Raizen: A dangerous swordsman by the name of Aier, huh? Just what is his story?

8ohLckn.png

YT0plpR.png

NEXT TIME: More family problems, more master seals, more levels, more reinforcements...it will be a very nice finish.

MARRIS'S GROWTHS:

HP: 75%

Strength: 45%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 50%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 310%

The strength growth on this thief is the exact same as the growth on our resident fighter...I seriously doubt Marris even CAN turn out badly. That seventeen speed base, too...Marris is gonna be an amazing thief, I can tell already. It's too bad we're NEVER going to get to use her.

Sweet my favorite chapter is up next. A.k.a. "The difficulty spike".

Definitely enjoyed watching you play through this one though.

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to address this:

That scene...I don't know...it's just how stupid and selfish the parents were being. It was VERY CLEAR that the group meant them harm, and likely would have gotten the notes regardless. Now, when you're all alone, making some pointless sacrifice in the name of heroism is forgiveable. But when you have children to look after, and you make the same sacrifice, leaving two young teenagers to fend for themselves in a place far from civilization...how is THAT in any way heroic? What were they even protecting that was somehow THAT important? I bet we won't find out for a very long time, if ever!

Raeda does not sacrifice herself. You may not have caught it but one of the thugs that survives say he "Stuck a knife in her". She gets murdered just like her husband though she does set off a rather over-the-top fire spell before dying.

Edited by Primefusion

Sweet my favorite chapter is up next. A.k.a. "The difficulty spike".

Definitely enjoyed watching you play through this one though.

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to address this:

Raeda does not sacrifice herself. You may not have caught it but one of the thugs that survives say he "Stuck a knife in her". She gets murdered just like her husband though she does set off a rather over-the-top fire spell before dying.

Ah, okay. So it wasn't a pointless sacrifice. I didn't notice that. Maybe it would be best to add a little slicing sound towards the end of that part of the cutscene to make that clearer?

The CHAPTER 10 PRELUDE!

krB6xxL.png

Darn straight!

cZ8IJ0k.pnguGWqXF5.png

N: He and Vance battle with a clash of blades. Aier, however, is too strong. Vance is severely wounded and then further tortured by Aier’s magic. The swordsman then disappears as suddenly as he had intruded.

p8wv5lC.pngNFSLWWY.png

Well, we didn't actually move...which means...we're going to be at Castle Minar for ANOTHER chapter.

uGjsSGf.pngA9cLy32.pngWBstqAL.png

Where's Vance? I want to know what happened to the guy after the personality alteration...

XdbfdVN.png

Buck: Oh hey, Ava. How are you doing? You seemed pretty shaken up earlier.

Ava: I am…fine. I heard that Vance was awake.

Torie: He is, but, Ava… Why didn’t you ever tell us about your brother?

Ava: …I’ve never enjoyed talking about myself. My family…even less. It just…didn’t ever seem necessary. There was never any need to—

5sSsPxp.png

Torie: Ava, he almost killed Vance!

Hey, don't be judgmental, she's a fiction protagonist! She couldn't help it!

Buck: Torie, I think that’s probably enough. It ain’t Ava’s fault. No need to be mean.

Torie: I…Yeah, you’re right. Sorry, Ava. That wasn’t fair.

Ava: Perhaps, but… maybe I should have said something. I’m sorry as well.

Buck: Don’t sweat it, Ava. Vance is outside I think. Maybe you should go talk to him.

Ava: Yes, I think I will. Thank you.

BF4uRfE.pngq93Dop8.png

Torie: She won’t say anything to us. Should we follow her?

Buck: That’d probably make things worse, Torie. She still hasn’t really warmed up to us. Just let her be. She’ll come ‘round eventually.

Torie: I hope so…

N5wHVHS.png

Small fade to black...

nTnSloc.png5ZubciP.png

Vance: Banged up, but I’ll make it.

Ava: ….General Raizen and much of his troops have continued on. He left us some messengers should we need them.

They're gone? Uh oh...

Vance: Yeah, I heard about that. I talked with Torie and Buck a little while ago. So, this Aier guy is your brother, huh?

Ava: …Yes, he is. I’m sorry, Vance. Even after all this time… I didn’t expect him to be like this.

Vance: It’s not your fault, Ava. Don’t beat yourself up over it. You two don’t seem to be too friendly, though. What happened?

Vance doesn't seem very different after what happened...but remember the events at the very end of chapter 8...

Ava: ….It started nine years ago…When our parents were still alive.

Vance: ….

Ava: They were researchers working under contract. They studied how to augment weapons.

05laSHq.png

Will this be relevant later(as in, in future patches)? Maybe. Doesn't seem like the MOST important research to die defending, but judging by the visible silence, there is of course more to the story.

Vance: Sounds like a pretty big job.

Ava: They were hired by one of Geryon’s Five Warlords. She wished to gain an advantage. An edge over the other four warlords. We lived in isolation while they worked. But, somehow they discovered us. Assassins.

Ava: They demanded our parents research and documentation. When they didn’t get it…they became violent. My brother and I escaped just in time. Our home went up in flames… My mother cast a devastating spell to stop the intruders. Why she would get so extreme though…I’m not sure. I fear that perhaps the assassins killed my father… And in her rage my mother put everything she had into her spell. Neither of my parents survived…

Vance: I’m sorry to hear that.

Ava: I don’t know who hired those assassins. Frankly, I didn’t want to know. But, Aier…he became obsessed. He was out for revenge. I wanted nothing to do with it, so we parted ways. This was the first time I’d seen him in seven years.

If he was so revenge-obsessed, why is he now Aksum's top guy, or one of them at least? Again, there's more to the story that we aren't going to see, I bet.

Ava: I’m so sorry, Vance. I should have said something before. Perhaps then you might have—

Vance: Still gotten the trouncing of my life.

Ava: What?

Vance: Even if I had known you two were really related, I don’t think our…confrontation would have gone differently. I’d still be where I am now.

True enough.

Ava: ….

YvrNVzM.png

SUDDENLY, DUDES FROM THE BOTTOM! Man, Raizen kind of sucks at this whole conquering thing. He doesn't even leave a garrison on the castle he just took? I mean, I guess Vance is there, but they were probably gonna move away from the place shortly...

ipeonH9.png

Great Knightly Woman: Were those fools even trying? It was a sorry lot guarding this place.

Soldier: Ma’am! What are your orders?

Great Knightly Woman: Orontes is sending us some reinforcements. When they arrive, we’ll attack the castle.

sVfdp98.png

Uh oh...

Great Knightly Woman: Look sharp everyone and prepare to strike!

xo5CrwO.png

And then TONS of Orontes troops! What, you'd thought we'd only have to defend against attacks from the bottom?

MLVzvkO.png

It's these two...

Marveda: We’ve been asked to help in reclaiming it. It seems our Aksumian allies lost it in a siege. Melonece, give the command would you?

Melonece: Of course, High Valkyrie! All units! Attack formation! Our target is Castle Minar!

Marveda: And so it begins. May the four have mercy on your souls Sybaris and Prydain.

Neither is here, just some poor mercs!

XvSwtcw.png

Ava: We’re surrounded. This doesn’t bode well.

Vance: There’s Aksum to the South. But, who’s that North of us? I’ve never seen that banner before.

Ava: It’s the flag of Orontes. It seems that the rumors were true. They really have joined the fight.

Vance: Dammit, this just gets better and better. Ava, send one of the Pegasus messengers Raizen left us. We need backup. Now.

Ava: And then?

Vance: Get ready to fight. We’ve got to hold on until help arrives.

Ava: We? Vance, I don’t think you’re ready to fight yet. You’ve only just started moving around.

Vance: I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.

Ava: But, Vance—

Vance: I said I’m fine, Ava. Now let’s go!

Vance pulls a...character from a main FE game...and fights regardless of a crippling plot-induced injury.

END DIALOGUE

JNWJVpA.png

This isn't a defend mission, because there's nothing to defend, as the enemies can't take the gate. We just have to stay alive for ten turns. Ten turns of SUFFER.

qXi70yg.png

The fact that we're undermanned for no real reason(this is way harder than chapter 8! Give us more people!) doesn't help. At all. Here's my team, let's hope it's good enough.

3QQ8NW0.png

This is my setup. See if you can guess some of my strategy. Also, Vance sucks at this just as much as Raizen, for staying outside the castle instead of retreating inside it.

3q1B9tS.png

Why yes, this IS the third map outside castle Minar, and the fifth one fought outside or within this stupid castle. Seriously, that's almost half the chapters!

HmNmyzW.png

Up here is the main Orontes formation. They have plenty of powerful units and mages...how to effectively counter them?

RjWZknP.pngIObIiPW.png

Marveda is Yorlu-levels of greatness. I seriously doubt we're gonna be able to beat her as we are now.

hbmbI06.png

If she moves I'm gonna be like WHAT THE HECK

6xcwVj8.pngtVluXbD.png

Melonece is much more do-able, and we want to kill her for that Master Seal.

7ejucaJ.png

This village is basically impossible to get without Torie.

cwoBxuv.png

Down here is the Aksum forces. It looks like they're more threatening than Orontes, but believe me, they're about equal. Notice that neither side is really specialized either, Orontes has plenty of physical units and Aksum has plenty of mages.

IacQaBy.pngcz9S8dz.png

Fera is another boss, and she still manages to be really tough even without a throne. We also want to take her down.

G35vuzw.png

Droppables are very scarce. This is all there is. Considering that both bosses are cavalry, this could conceivably used in a very strategic manner.

c5DvUfi.png

Descriptions!

V7stqkk.pngjol0r8R.png

New weapons and new icons. I hope in future patches we'll actually get to use some of the new weapons.

auWj2Rr.png

We need cash for the shop and armory in this chapter, so off you go, little gem!

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier: Marris is actually the LAST character we get, because there aren't any new ones this chapter. Just shows how near to the end we are...

Starting the chapter, we have some dialogue...

teWtkAZ.png

Marveda: I will direct the troops from there. Will you ensure things go smoothly here?

Melonece: Of course, High Valkyrie. I will not fail you.

Marveda: I know you won’t Melonece. Okay, I’m leaving then.

That last line was a little awkward. "Okay, I'm leaving then?" Regardless, I'm happy we don't have to worry about her right now.

UnJvaVw.png

Why do I keep getting everyone's blink sprites? I've been doing it for the entire LP!

Melonece: I need to show the High Valkyrie I’m capable. I musn’t fail.

Gh70U53.png

Jorin: And here I thought I’d seen the last of it. ….. There’s no way I’m going down without a fight.

RGxL6nI.png

Sylvia: The church is supposed to help people! Not subjugate them! Something is very wrong here… Why does Orontes fight?

Suitably enough, both Jorin and Sylvia have their own remarks on seeing Orontes troops.

Okay, that's all for now...this is it, the final battle! Tune in next time to see me fight it!

Well, the Captain wasn't mentioned at all, so it seems safe to believe he perished offscreen. Such a waste...

NEXT TIME: Watch TheMoniker's pain!

The Road to Ruin: Episode 15: Chapter 10: Part 1: The Final Battle Begins

cpqkm0U.png

Hmmm...okay, first order of business, we need to handle the top somehow. We'll have to split up our units, but which should we send? We need some relatively competent, fast, and powerful units to charge the Orontes forces...

Oh, I know!

tI79DpF.png

CAV TRIO! GO!

r96KjE8.png

Vance promptly fails to crit.

oq1yvZY.png

Torie's primary objective is to sneak into the top village. CAN SHE DO IT?

DERwod8.png

3ngaPG1.png

Sylvia will be nuking things a lot more than healing this chapter. Most of my success can be attributed to her, really.

gHn0nqt.png

Braxton! You're supposed to be OP!

jGml1TJ.png

gbqcSJd.png

Second turn, and Torie can already reach the village!

GkQcMOj.png

Wise old dude: They fought a damn bloody war for freedom. The king of Sybaris was assassinated. The rest of his family, too. The king was a foul sort of ruler. He imposed crippling taxes. Used them to fund a lavish life for himself. The people in the Mora province had had enough. After it was all over,

oKS7PIi.png

Hmmm? That isn't quite the story I heard...

Wise old dude: Now, she had a good head on her shoulders. Worked hard for the people and the land. Earned herself a lot of respect doing it. Sigh… Who knows what’s gotten into that son of hers. Starting a war and all.

Torie: …..

Wise old dude: Ah, but I’ve gone on long enough. Thanks for listening to an old man. Here, take this, youngster. I hope you find it useful.

pxYn5CO.png

Well, that was some more info on Sybaris's political history, even if we aren't going to get to use this item.

ADgry5H.png

This is Melonece's range, she doesn't move...at least, not YET.

fyvoqZ5.png

Hurrah Braxton! You keep getting these level, and you'll be great very quickly. Well, you already are great...

tpy2bfb.png

ONE-SHO-oh, dangit!

HhJN25P.png

Vance is a good lord guys. Never underestimate Vance.

o1OG7BL.png

Kristoph has to retreat to his fort.

VDyOvvX.png

Sylvia will be Melusine V2.0.

qGa9oIa.png6wjVMrG.png

STNdQSx.png

Suddenly, MORE enemies! I mean, I knew it was coming, but still...

qyFd5F4.png

KILL! Torie will be helping the cav trio along with Sylvia. They're good, but they can't QUITE do it alone.

Lwa2z1Q.png

The levis lancea is such an amazing weapon! I'd call it borderline OP, especially when the enemies get to use it too. It seems like a bit of a cheap way to make the enemies more powerful, made "fair" by the fact that "you get one too"!

acrwqRm.png

Go Braxton!

z7uBViT.png

The bishop dissapears, and this guy is our next big opponent. Note that Orontes is already mostly gone.

V6Y31GI.pngKYot3mu.png

meh its alright

UVEeOCU.png

The steel longbow was so helpful...I'm serious, it took literally everything I had to beat this chapter, all the special weapons in my arsenal, and some more special items too...Prime wasn't joking when he said "difficulty spike".

awxBAqp.pngR9hAtZM.pnghcE4w8K.png

Vance does stuff

jQym1iE.pngUN7Fwdv.png

Turns out Jorin isn't quite up to the pressure...

0Mrh1i4.pngSrpBV1g.png

Maybe if he killed the bishop instead?

lsbN8zj.png

Braxton positions himself to further take the heat off Jorin.

1Vjc6v2.png

You know what, I think Kristoph is gonna be just fine.

ojnYqJj.png

Buck is almost faster than the pegasus knight. And stronger. And more defensive. And more skillful. I don't have a blessed Torie...

6raFS3h.png

QvghO3D.png

The enemies just can't penetrate Aaron's beauty.

10fdBz0.png

Aaron, though, he penetrates them all real hard.

ubMATbu.png

But it's not enough, Jorin STILL dies! Ugh, he is such a weak link!

1MfT9FR.png

Just hang out over here if you're gonna be like that!

zqIjMCY.png

Uh oh, I turned off the animations while re-doing the turn, and I accidentally left them off for enemy phase.

FQNrbgN.png

But you still get the point. Things happen.

XAVrXtD.png

Could be better.

DEjxNRQ.png

Mages? Well, that wasn't unexpected. At least we survived the turn.

hoxLfCj.png

Come on Jorin! That's good! You need that goodness! WORK IT!

fgx3xmO.png

Crisis averted.

TqePfPR.png

Now, let's get this to the boss!

AmGboJb.png

Oh man, this longbow, I love it so-

rqZ7ey0.png

Dangit!

hAQuRRh.png

Oh yeah, I forgot to show this earlier. I think it's the axe equivalent of the levis lancea. Naturally.

NEXT TIME: Double boss attack!

Hello everyone, and welcome to...The final battle:

The Road to Ruin: Episode 15: Chapter 10: Part 2: Cavs vs valks, fighters vs great knights

CFmmAE0.png

Situation update...it LOOKS like we're winning, but are we REALLY?

9fVhCMo.png

Vance AGAIN refuses to crit with the killing edge, deciding he'd rather do some stretches. He doesn't take much damage, of course.

4xgA1LP.png

Magic sword! It accomplishes surprisingly little this chapter.

D3DnI9l.png

Oh sure...crit NOW...

jg6jlA0.png

Suddenly, a wave of mages(all waves from Aksum will now on will be mages. Very fitting. Not.), and...the boss is talking?

FpWjSK6.png

Great Knightly Woman: How are they still alive? Maybe it’s time for me to get in there.

Uh oh, this boss isn't content to sit by and watch as her troops splash against 15 def Vance! She's gonna start coming for you herself now, and believe me when I say that's a problem, especially when she has mages and stuff backing her up so you can't engage her alone!

coAllq7.png

There's also physical units from up here. All waves from now on will be physical units.

VyikVqQ.png

Let's buy things!

FLMp7sl.png

Nothing special, just standard iron and steel. Crystal weapons basically invalidate the entire purpose of existence for steel, so I don't get anything.

J1Ogxto.png

We have to retreat, we can't handle the boss like this!

jUVHlBp.png

This side now NEEDS Syvlia there, without a doubt!

QeT7lmc.pngIgpB5km.png

Speed! Defense! On an axe user! Yes!

4H5bP8H.png

You just TRY it, no-

biWAwtX.png

997VlKu.png

Here she comes.

ytzvjkM.png

I don't think Sylvia actually got hit with any physical weapons this chapter.

xMiKz2R.png

Oh come on! Doubled weapon triangle advantage and you still can't dodge?

LvV7bKq.png

AND THEN MORE MAGES. Looks like I was wrong earlier.

Wait, that isn't the only reinforcement wave...

Well, actually, I can't show it. Here's the thing, there was this GIANT reinforcement wave from the bottom left(around the village-hope you didn't have any units trying to visit it!), and it contained this:

qVhVopV.png

And this:

wAtr8GB.png

And a BUNCH of other mooks. Yeah.

WcQ3QEJ.png

Kristoph will be attempting to hold this chokepoint. Yeah, if you place someone here, the enemies can't get through.

fdqyTNK.png

Stand back, cavs! Let Sylvavior handle this!

OM0OL69.pngeLT3MoE.png

You can do it, Buck!

cgPWQI8.png

ITS BEAUTIFUL

5CWpplB.png

Sylvia crits this poor fool, who actually thought he could survive a round. Hah!

f13UPeu.pngPaoKkIE.png

Kristoph is badly injured, but he lives, and comes out a good bit improved. The guy has faster XP gain, remember.

FMx9rTs.png

Melonece: Perhaps Sybaris and Prydain are more powerful than I thought… I must make sure we succeed!

BQnBwRc.png

Not only does she decide to charge, she summons reinforcements for two turns in a row!

XVsaQPE.png

The center won't hold! We must retreat!

uzAmTpg.png

Our armor knight re-establishes his position as "the guy who has more defense than the lord"...if only just barely.

b3OQXk1.png

Okay Vance, TANK IT OUT! Also, you can see all those troops that came from the bottom.

EcNKNoz.png

BAM!

oLStnlM.pngXrFU4fC.pngJhu91Ou.png

Speed? That makes it a good level, I guess... Anyways, we only have one commander to deal with now! Things should get easier!

9WtmoBg.png

Melonece does not want our retreat to be easy...how will Sylvia fare?

bOSLYhW.pngcIdmVZM.png

a0ozqgs.pngnkGtUFk.png

DOUBLE CRITS. Everybody BOW to the power of Sylvia!

Q1zL5TQ.png

But then, suddenly...

3Q4gQZh.png

Day. Ruined.

sMxgGLL.pngc6wmjxY.pngSv5VxpY.png

sb6tbMo.png

This time, I position him so that only ONE mage can hit him.

jrWKjx5.png

If you look, you can see the axe cavalier can hit him now(he couldn't before), so he STILL dies!

XByMGTX.png

Vance tanking out the mages will have to not happen, I guess.

qeak8jK.png

IT WORKS!

aPeuyz6.png

Suddenly, a wave of cavaliers to match our three comes from the top! Have you no mercy, Prime? NOT EVEN A SHRED?

3lwTEHD.png

Please, Braxton, just...please. Use all that OP-ness and...come through for me. Please...

6bRUcFy.png

BOO YAH!

e0n51wt.pngbICQMYz.pngVKDMQLx.png

I am now remotivated! All the commanders are gone, we can DO this!

xTdjcMp.png

YOU! YOU WERE THE REASON I HAD TO USE SAVESTATES, AND...IN THAT OTHER TIMELINE...I...I lost the double crits...

TIME TO AVENGE THEM!

xn4imLD.png

AND IN THE MOST HUMILIATING MANNER POSSIBLE!

yAnPyhk.png

Oh sure, pick now to start getting good! We're nearly done!

TsvRxt3.png

Okay Kristoph...you can do it! You can tank those mage fools!

eRwurqU.png

No more commanders...if we finish these guys off we're done, right?

LisS31G.png

Kristoph is successful in his tanking endeavors.

UIjr3fL.png

The people in the back attack us, but we pull through.

Ef9eAzX.png

W-wah...YOU GUYS! DIDN'T YOU GET THE MEMO? When the commander goes down, THE REINFORCEMENTS ARE SUPPOSED TO STOP! Agh...well, we only have 2 turns left...

PVFbOwN.png

Finally, finally, FINALLY things are going right!

FYDBY8s.png

I wanted to let Jorin get a kill(he's still level 13!) but he's the only one who can reach the shop in time...

G75mVQ6.png

I grab some tomes and staves...and...WHY? WHY IS THERE A RESTORE STAFF? We can literally never use it! I decide to hold off on getting one, and if it turns out to be a bad decision I am going to go insane.

Ll51ldG.png

Very armor.

nnIClz9.png

The sword cavalier actually brought a reaver, while the other didn't. Braxton will handle him easily.

vggvEeV.png

Aaron, nice! Seriously, this guy is almost as OP as Braxton!

wR6vOqd.png

Start of the tenth turn.

Let's finish this.

9acEIqh.png

Namely, thanks to my GREAT tactics, Torie can reach this village JUST BARELY.

fnUibAT.pngbSSrCQz.pnggdAIktq.png

Killer guy: It really sends your enemy for a loop! Go on, try it out!

SImTFYB.png

Mind control? That's one way to explain killer weapons, and crits as a whole...I'm surprised IS didn't try to use that explanation, it honestly is the most logical one possible.

We now have one of every killer weapon, at least in the primary weapon triangle. This last one though, it will never be used.

WGFT1NY.png

Kristoph wipes out some more mages, and continues to be amazing and uber. Seriously, I am getting so lucky with my levels, and I know it, regardless of how nonplussed I sound.

vdOHRfj.pngRzE1pYz.png

End of the last turn, four enemies left.

ApoCjdx.png

Braxton finishes the two cavs near him, so...

I beat the chapter with TWO enemies left. How's that for amazing? EAT IT, DIFFICULTY SPIKE!

hYnnjtn.png

WHEN SUDDENLY

Next time, view the ending cutscene!

Well, the LP will be over by the end of tomorrow, hopefully...it's been a good run. I'll say more during the final conclusion.

EcNKNoz.png

Glorious.

But you know, half of your problems could've been solved by deploying more than one magic user...

One of these days I need to do an LP of a hack. Maybe this one, or maybe Midnight Sun or Death or Glory (if a new patch comes out within the next year...).

my autism flared off when i saw samuel getting magic and speed, some of the best shit he can get, and you called it a not good level up.

or having someone gain 4 stats, out of 7 that you could gain, which is a 60% or so increase, and you said "meh its alright"

you are getting greedy with level ups

He's used to Chaos Mode, where level ups of less than 3 stats are very rare.

EcNKNoz.png

Glorious.

But you know, half of your problems could've been solved by deploying more than one magic user...

I would have deployed Melusine, but I didn't have enough tomes for both her and Sylvia

He's used to Chaos Mode, where level ups of less than 3 stats are very rare.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Sorry if I seem almost TOO unaffected by all these amazing levels, but hey, now you know who is REALLY to blame!

The CHAPTER 10 CONCLUSION!

First off, that Melusine convo that Prime says I missed.

Melusine: Ah...the Holy Land has come...But, this should not be. Not at all. How can the church side with Aksum? How can it side against everything it stands for?

Okay, it wasn't that important.

So, anyways, we've JUST wiped out all but two of the enemies...

5q4jnei.pngtUARams.png

When TONS of reinforcements come from both sides! Well, it's actually not that many...hey, is that Duke Knight the Captain guy? HE MIGHT NOT BE DEAD AFTER ALL!

7OcQClQ.png

Vance: They just keep coming. What are we gonna do…

Mop them up and go home? Seriously, look at how well we're doing, we can take them!

D3zacUl.png72uEnnb.png

Go on, GUESS.

Vance: The East? Who could…

h96RQUQ.png

Well, Vance got it...

icZHHER.png

Suddenly, Tiryns troops!

Eo6Ak7J.png

Uh...didn't the commander say something about not bringing too many? That's a LOT.

qTi91Qh.png

And of course this guy is at the front.

Bluedier 2#: They appear to be under siege!

Ulrigar: I was under the impression that a siege already happened. …. Yes, I see now. Aksum and Orontes are working together? Humph. Alright, men! Battle formations on the double! Show these fools how real soldiers fight!

F4yyV56.pngiUGNGIV.png

Some random offscreen soldier says this, and then they all exit the screen. This scene would probably be a bit different if the commanders were still here. Who knows, the commanders might get some bonus scene or appearance later if they lived, but nope, I killed them. Oh well.

nqESQNW.png

Marveda: We are not prepared for this kind of battle… ….All troops fall back! Do not engage the enemy!

Bxej3ti.png

And then they all run from Braxton's might. I'm not sure if it's just the new troops that fall back or all remaining troops on the field, from both sides. Or if you made the 50 enemy cap with all the reinforcements this chapter, and then Marveda and the other reinforcements couldn't appear.

rOl96zW.png

Ava: The Tirynian soldiers didn’t even draw their weapons.

Ava: Vance, are you alright? You don’t look well.

Vance: I’m fine.

Ava: You sound…hostile.

Looks like it's taking effect...

Vance: Why did it have to be Tiryns? Anyone else would have been fine.

Actually, there aren't many nations left who AREN'T Tiryns.

ZX9k9AM.pngHzMZRbc.png

Vance: Dammit, of course they’d send him.

Ava: Vance? Send who?

Vance: My father.

Ooh! This guy is actually Vance's father! I didn't realize!

*transition off the map to a screen with a background*

BYgq7JE.png

Ulrigar: Who’s in charge here? I would speak with your leader.

Vance: …..That’s it? That’s all you’ve got to say? After three damn years you can’t say “hello”?

7qjwp71.png

Bluedier 2#: Do you even know who you’re speaking to?

Ulrigar: Hmph. At ease, soldier.

Bluedier 2#: But, Sir—

Ulrigar: …

Bluedier 2#: Y-yes, Sir.

udSvNwd.png

Ulrigar: Who’s in charge here?

Now's your chance Vance, impress him by saying that YOU'RE the one in charge!

5wsPjS6.png

OR you could just do nothing while Raizen and Russel arrive(brilliantly timed as always) and steal your thunder!

bUnz7FL.png

Raizen: -by Aksum and Orontes. Instead I return to find Tirynian soldiers waiting.

Russel: It looks like the messenger before wasn’t kidding. Tiryns in the flesh.

Ulrigar: You doubted our sincerity?

Raizen: We didn’t think the mighty Tiryns would take interest in our affairs. My name is General Raizen of Sybaris.

Russel: General Russel of Prydain. What’s your story?

Ulrigar: I am Colonel Ulrigar. We have been sent by our King-General to aid you.

BCMzyST.png

Raizen: …Likewise.

I can see Raizen's on his guard. And for good reason.

QTMpbSX.png

Vance goes to talk to his friends...

fFL9xAn.png

Vance: But, he still looks down on the both of them. He hasn’t changed at all.

What, we're still trying to insist that a "command chain" still exists? It's very clear that if there even is one, it's just a jumbled mess.

Buck: Vance, would you mind explaining to us what’s going on? Just who is this guy?

Vance: He’s Colonel Ulrigar of the mighty Tiryns. A seasoned veteran, hero of the people, favorite for the Combat General promotion,

Q15t2a6.png

RE-DRAMATIC REVEAL

Torie: He’s your dad!? Why didn’t you tell us? Both you and Ava have been holding out on us!

TCYizE3.png

FICTIONAL PROTAGONISTS, Torie! They can't help it! I wouldn't be half-surprised if YOU had some evil sister hiding somewhere!

Vance: …..Maybe because we didn’t want to, Torie. Why should I talk about someone who despises me? Not everyone’s got a happy family back home!

Torie: I-I…

Buck: Hey man, cool off. No need to be mean.

Vance: Hmph.

YUKlCn4.png

Vance goes and sits on the gate...

L5Jq2GK.png

Ulrigar: You’re still without a spine I see. I thought you couldn’t handle the soldiers life? Yet, here you are wagging your tail for Sybaris.

FbDdTE3.png

Hah! I think Vance came out on top there.

Vance: I see you haven’t changed. It’s been three years since we last saw each other. Yet, all you can say to your son are insults?

Ulrigar: You’re no son of mine, boy. My son wasn’t a coward who couldn’t take a little hard work.

HEY! Vance has gotten like, a bazillion defense points! If he teamed with Buck, he might just be able to beat you!

Ulrigar: Pah. Look at you. Spineless. You’re wasting my time.

6SDsKRZ.png

So much visible silence here.

VY2qFYb.png

And on that cheery note, fade to black...

Wait, FADE TO BLACK? THAT CAN ONLY MEAN...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

NF55g0b.png

-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

vRSlOjp.png

-Dangit, it's over!

I'll be posting the TRUE FINAL LEVEL, unit stats, and my final thoughts soon.

The Road to Ruin Finale/Bonus Update 1!

First off, the END OF DEMO CHAPTER!

fTozGzG.png

Hey, we might as well take a look at it.

PWYsj0Q.pngy8l3Pcv.pngWBpikBD.pngCw9Zofe.png

How nice. It's better than the last patch, where it devolved into quite possibly the glitchy-est mess I've ever seen.

To be honest I'd rather have glitches because they're way funner to read about

Wait, there is ONE more thing...

62cXPgy.pngnRq8Oi4.pngbc6AQ7X.pngEpKs41c.pngnXKj99c.png

DcdXNUn.pngBIjuHmV.png

That's right, Prime programmed in a nice stat-less promotion for Lucile! Just a suggestion Prime, but maybe you could give her some defense points or something? Of course, she didn't even get attacked once during the entire LP...

XoJ1MXX.png

Chapter 0x has 5 deployment slots for some reason. I choose the PERFECT team for the exact same reason.

h2hHHDx.png

My final ranking. I bet most people don't get rankings like this.

NioDoYB.pngZR2LyFo.png

I don't know where this map is from, but this isn't the only place I've seen it used. It seems to be a relatively common placeholder map.

MGy9MNj.png

Starting it immediately takes you to the save screen. Saving over the chapter takes you to...

QX4GSjq.png

THE END OF DEMO CHAPTER AGAIN! INFINITE LOOP!

Okay, that's all the End of Demo is.

Next up, FINAL CHARACTER STATS AND ANALYSIS:

UKTi8A7.png

Vance, the armor merc! This guy did great for himself in every stats but RES, and he would have made a fantastic hero. This lord was no trouble at all to cart around.

VlbXXwR.png

Buck was a very good archer. Low defenses, but plenty of offense and speed to make up for it. He's probably blessed, but nonetheless he was useful.

uo7d1I0.png

Sylvia, the endgame crutch character equivalent. The last chapter would have been way harder without her. I hope I get some better staves for her soon(in the next patch), a physic could be put to great use by her.

PcGmKve.png

Corvan's main power was not in his defense stat(although it was good), it was his strength stat. The guy basically became a defensive bandit, at least in the "one big hit" factor.

xIZBdCH.png

Aaron, the cavalier with more defense than the armor! This guy definitely did his job as "the defense cavalier". By the very end, he was practically invulnerable to physical stuff.

UYsfBzl.png

O'Riley's strength was in his speed, which he has a surprisingly large amount of, at least for a fighter. He definitely helped in the time I had him.

o7qHdwa.png

Torie certainly could have been worse. She wasn't that great compared to all my other AMAZINGS, but she did okay for herself, I guess.

TcwBSv3.png

Jorin was definitely one of the lower contributors. Maybe it's because he was a few levels lower than everyone else, but still. His strength was kinda helpful early on, but everyone else very quickly caught up to and surpassed him. He was definitely the worst cavalier.

iZbpyws.png

In case you didn't notice, I had to take some of these at the end of chapter 10(I didn't know I would get an extra prep screen to take them on), so pardon the pure water aftereffects. Kristoph turned out reliable, as promised. Plenty of just about every stat. I like him, can't wait to see what he turns into upon promotion.

FpQfAWJ.png

I claimed Braxton was OP, but he did start to equalize with my other units towards the end. I think his growths are okay, he just needs a little bases nerf. Either way, he definitely helped me while he was there.

LqqNMFh.png

Hugo really lacked some luster. Fourteen levels and not even ONE point of RES! I guess he has some beef, but really, the other units just sort of outmatch him, even if he is good in a vacuum.

ihKmE2S.png

Melusine was very helpful, not for those stats, but for both those stats AND the ability to use magic. A speedy, hurty, and kinda defensive magic user? One of the reasons I was so disappointed in Samuel was because he didn't really compare to her.

NNSgpMA.png

See? Worse in quite a few ways. Samuel got few stats, but the ones he did get were pretty good. I think if he had had more chapters to gain levels, he might have shined...who knows, he could make a return in the next patch.

UQIQO3Y.png

Crutch character. Good for first few chapters. Threw in trash afterward. All there is to say.

GiIRQWc.pngCjdTRx8.png

I didn't level either of you, and one of you I doubt I ever will level.

hAD2HMr.png

Just a transporter. She was placed so that she never got attacked even once, as I mentioned earlier.

Well, that's all 17 of my units...well, minus Lucile, we have 16.

Hmm...16...a multiple of four...

Hmmmmmm...

MY FINAL THOUGHTS:

Although I did have some gripes with this hack, I definitely enjoyed it and had a good time playing it! Although some characters may have seemed unbalanced in the LP, I'm sure their averages probably say otherwise. The story did have a bit of a slow start, but once it got going, it started to draw me in and make me care about it! See, that's the important thing with your stories. You can't be engaged unless you CARE about the characters and plot. More importantly(well, to me at least) the gameplay was very solid. It never really had any points where it became super-boring or a slog, and it accomplished that through actual good design instead of just ludicrous difficulty. Even the last chapter could have been made easier depending on what strategy you used(such as staying at the castle instead of splitting up and hunting down everybody).

All in all, great hack Prime, and I look forward to seeing what you do with it in the future!

Well, that's the end! When the next patch comes out, I might revive this thread. I'll decide whether or not I want to restart depending on the changes made to earlier chapters.

...Actually, I MIGHT have ONE more update planned...

Bravo! Really enjoyed this LP, nicely done.

Thanks for the praise and comments everyone. It was good to get some feedback and discussion on TRTR. I can't really give any sort of time table for the next release unfortunately. I've got a lot on my plate for the next few months but we'll see.

To be honest I'd rather have glitches because they're way funner to read about

I should check some of these glitches out some time. I never bothered to see what happened after chapter 6 of v1.0.

PLACE YER BETS

Y5cg4nF.png

Yep! We're doing it.

ESi0LSG.png

Drawing from this last save here.

p337Ojl.png

First team, LEADERS: Vance, Buck, Torie, and...Samuel. Because Ava is set for another team.

cPRFfGC.png

Second team: REJECTS! The worst units on my team, led by the ULTIMATE LEADER OF THE REJECTS. Remember, you can refer to the stat screen earlier!

JAmP9kN.png

Third team: SOOO OP, which contains the most defensive, elite units on the team! Obviously, this is the team I will be controlling.

ELfulBd.png

Next team: No Hope!

1WSNSdd.png

It contains the three units who haven't been selected. Gracias can't go because she has no weapons, apparently. What a stupid rule.

axJ5E63.png

Obviously I can't get real players, so AI PRACTICE! I'd show the rules, but for some reason I can't select that option.

4Z73JYg.png

Here are our teams!

HvG2taS.png

Okay guys! Say who you want/hope will win, and I'll post the update in a few days! Also, I realize where the "end of demo" map came from now...

No Hope or Rejects because A) No Hope has O'Riley and Melusine and B) Rejects has Super Sylvia and Ava.

Shame on you for not Master Sealing Gracia in a second file and constructing teams with that though (unless you have no Fire tomes).